Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I don't consider youtubers, bloggers and influencers to be "the press", and the "positive" reviews are mostly from that social media crowd that BMW invited to their launch events. From what I've read so far, the "real" press has not been so kind to the G8X.
Not all youtubers. For example, fellow Canadians from Throttle House trashed the grille, called the side-view too muted, criticized the lack of Hofmeister kink, and said the best way to look at this car is with a blindfold and a face that only a mother could love. That's pretty harsh. On the driving side, they concluded that the car missed the mark of something that can be labelled the Ultimate Driving Machine. This was of course the G22 and not the G8x but overall their assessment was fair and on the mark, IMO.
I am sorry, but I still don't consider "youtubers" as "the press", even if some of them are better than others. Further, ThrottleHouse did not get invited to the G8X launch. I stand by my comment .

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0