12-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #44
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
Not trying to steal the thread, or anything, but, your comment is interesting - what is it about Germans that makes you think they will gravitate to dark colors? I am of the opinion car colors reflect personality characteristics.
I don't know what it is... but it is a fact that most Germans either buy a silver car or a dark color car. When I have toured various factories over here... they say the same thing. I remember MB saying that over 60% of their production is in black and about 18% in silver. Then that 22% is all the "other" colors they offer.

You know all German Taxi's are painted that beige color. About ten years ago when wrap jobs became more common place... the Taxi owners figured out they could order a dark color car or a silver one(!) and wrap the taxi in that beige wrap... then when the time came to sell their taxi... people would buy them! No one wants a beige car, not even a cheap used car in beige! lol This is why when you see a bunch of Taxi's parked at an airport or train station - the driver has removed one bumper or cover of the wrap - to expose the original color. So he or she can identify his car parked among the many taxi's! lol

Dark color cars sell over here in Germany. No one drives a red or yellow car. Those are for the fire dept or ambulance services. lol Its dark blues and blacks and silver cars for Deutschland.
Appreciate 0