View Single Post
      10-20-2020, 07:15 PM   #26
MAddict
M Power
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hC1001 View Post
I dont know the construction of the ECS bushings. Is it one stud going through the bushing? is it two individual studs? If its one stud bolt thru, you are going to have NVH. If its two, you can greatly limit it by how you tighten the top nut.
It's hard to tell as the poly is not see-through, but it does appear the ECS bushings have one stud passing through the bushings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
Interested in the outcome of swapping in the Rogue mounts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Was install easy, like jack the Trans a little and tip them out?

I'm looking forward to hear how the Rogue Engineering pieces fit and feel.
The Rogue Engineering transmission mounts are perfect. No NVH increase over stock while eliminating the sloppy OEM mounts that allow the transmission to lean while corning.

I had a near "money-shift" (3rd to 2nd) while cornering which got me looking into solutions. I did some tests and found the transmission to be consistently leaning while cornering, making shifting guess work, and sometimes it would block me from shifting into 3rd. Feels like these RE mounts will resolve that issue completely.

The install is straightforward, that DIY video will have the same steps. I didn't remove the exhaust at all, just unbolted the midpipe hanger and swung it down. However you will need to slide the heat shield above the midpipe back, to access the top 13mm bolts on the mounts. You will need 8mm, 10mm, 13mm & E-Torx sockets, 13mm spanner wrench, a way to get the car in the air with a way to support the transmission. I used ramps + jack.
Appreciate 1