10-28-2019, 05:46 AM   #21
Aero1971
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

MP4S's make me so sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_CaptFlashheart View Post
I just fitted MP4s on the rears and still have the original MPSS up front. On a run today pushing along some b roads near me, I usually feel totally planted but with these new mp4s the car didn't feel solid in high speed bends or direction changes. Something felt wrong and I quickly lost confidence in them. They've only done 100 miles so i'll see how I get on the next couple of weeks. I will lower the tyre pressure a little and remove the rear 12mm spacers. Slow speed and around roundabouts etc they feel very good so far, even if the roads are cold today. High speed needs investigated. I got 18k miles out of the last MPSS rears.
Did you get any better results from the MP4S's, I have the same issue on my M4.

I had MPSS's all-round but when they were due for replacement at a little over 12k miles, I swapped the rears out for MP4S's after reading some strong and positive reviews on them (note; those reviews were more based on M3 owners). However these new tires have all but killed the great feeling the car use to give me. The car always felt very planted and stable at all speeds and cornered wonderfully, never felt uneasy on breaking or tramlined, but now the car does not inspire any confidence, breaking is horrible and faster pace driving is a very uneasy experience, in the end the only gain is in wet conditions where they are certainly offer better grip. They've got around 2.5k under their belt now, no real change, they got slightly better but not even remotely close to what I was expecting or experienced from the MPSS's. I've tried playing with the pressures, currently running 2.8 in the rear (2.4 front on the original MPSS's), tried lighter pressures originally, more around factory settings, but no lower, maybe thinking about adding a little to the rears?? Any ideas?!
Appreciate 0