View Single Post
      04-15-2014, 10:20 AM   #180
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
ESS is gonna have to get on the software / hardware train for the new m3. obviously they wont sell many SC kits for the new m3

I would be freaking out about my business model if that was my company. BMW is all FI now, as is everyone else. So the SC business isn't exactly going to be booming for long......best of luck to them
I hope because if its the same level of encryption that the m5 and having dual ecu's controlling the banks I think you'll see a lot of people settle for piggyback tmap trick boosting, which isn't exactly safe because everyones car will be built differently and while some won't have problems some might be less reliable and if the only options we'll have is indiscriminately upping boost via piggyback I think you'll see some cars perform and some will fail.

I think worst case you'll see Piggy,exhaust, intakes, downpipes, meth and it'll still add 100+whp and with the dct and weight loss over my m5 if they can just hit stock whp numbers of the m5, it should be able to f* up a lot of cars, but with a stuck speed limiter and the inability to really see whats going on realtime like the cobb etc. on the n54 platforms it could be ugly since you'll have a considerable larger amount of people trying to get the most power so I think we'll see some horror stories over the n54 because you just won't know until its too late, something the m5 base hasn't seen since we're all pretty careful with running the perimeters terry/tuners tells us (I've not even tried 3lbs of boost and 100 octane with Terrys even though I got the go-ahead from him because he said its something I shouldn't try to run daily but should be ok at the track every now and then).

Last edited by M5Rlz; 04-15-2014 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0