View Single Post
      01-08-2014, 08:53 AM   #219
BMW M3 CRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savory View Post
If all you want is power/big motor, the M3 has historically never been that choice. Why not the BRZ? Should I be confined to Coke if I want Pepsi? The M3 is still a desirable car to a lot of us, obviously not for yourself.
Your intention is to misunderstood Basscadets post ???

An M3 was never about the biggest power / biggest engine .... RIGHT ... but an M3 was ever until now about an unique, exciting, emotional and sporty engine -> this is one of the important things described as "M Spirit" and "Rennsporttechnik für die Straße" and this is gone with the S55 ... don´t misunderstand me, the new M3/M4 will be an great car and "the best M3 ever" but the heart of the spirit was lost with this engine decision !!!

If they had decided that ~430hp are enough and therefore bring the F8x with an slightly modified S65, none would complaining that the new car has less hp than its competitors, because the engine fulfil all demand of an real and great M engine!

But if the decides the new M3/M4 need an turbo engine, because turbo engine is the engine of the present generation, than an lighter 4.0ltr.V8TT based on the S63Tü were the best option in terms of M spirit and M worthyness, second - for me - would be an innovative new 3.0-3.3ltr.V6TT also based on the S63Tü an developed at Nissan GT-R standards and third an 3.0-3.3ltr.I6TT (based on an half N73?) with greater bore than stroke like first rumored here on bimmerpost.

AND last ... no matter what turbo engine they would have been chosen ... he should in any case have more hp than only 430 ... to justify the rejection of the great NA S65 !!!
Appreciate 0