06-06-2019, 05:16 PM   #18
doodlebro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
Yeah, I don’t get it either. I understand it’s not supposed to spin, but if something happened and it did, why would I put the same part in my car anyway? Not trying to flame anyone here, but in my opinion it would have been better if nothing was said about any guarantee. I fully realize the risk vs cost and not wanting to deal with warranty from a business perspective, not disputing that. But if it’s not a Dinan/ carbahn type thing where you can pay more for a legit warranty, then I don’t see how it holds any weight other than marketing fluff.

Again, not trying to crap on anyone - trying to be constructive.
You wouldn't want to put the same part in if that happened. Period.

I don't think VTT realizes the circular logic they've created here (though, it's not too surprising since they don't pay anyone to help them with the PR side of things).

ALL engine damage should be covered if the hub and CBC are installed by VTT. PERIOD. Why would anyone trust the product if they cannot provide warranty beyond the part itself?

Isn't the point of this product NOT to damage any part of the engine? If VTT is so sure about this product and its efficacy they should have no issue providing a full warranty that covers the engine with a "proper" install.

Whole lot of jumping through hoops here
Appreciate 5
THEROK1267.50
Ibiza3599.00