03-25-2015, 06:31 PM   #203
Jehuty95
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl L View Post
The relevance of your age comes in when you post a silly picture. Had you posted this video by way of response it would've indeed been irrelevant. Your follow up was much better.

One thing to remember, the actual build of the engine is done through automation and special tooling. The gentleman at the end then assembles the ten or so parts. This is a simple process (but still a nice one) very similar to what happens at the Porsche factory (I have been there but never to Affalterbach), except when I was there during the assembly process each component was fitted by a worker and then the engine was passed to the next worker.

I suppose my views on AMG and their marketing of the "hand built engines" come from the fact it is more of the assembly process than build, though technically this is considered a build. This is very similar to what happens at the Porsche factory (I have been there but never to Affalterbach), except during the assembly process each part was fitted by a worker and then the engine was passed to the next worker.
In that case your post of "One engine one man, you have to be on something to fall for that one." is rather silly as well. Just because you don't believe in something, or haven't taken the time to research the subject doesn't mean that it's false and that someones "on something" to believe in it etc.

Never knew that Porsche also hand built their engines. Thanks for the info! Ya AMG is quite different in the hand building process. They believe that only one master mechanic should be a part of the building process, and therefore he's fully accountable for the engine.
2018 Audi S5 (Sold)
2023 BMW M4 Competition X Drive
Appreciate 0