Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

05-25-2024, 01:28 AM   #1
diegovo
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

First Dct Service

Hello All,

I have an f82 with 81k miles and i don’t believe it had had a trans service before. i have been looking to get it done within the next month and needed to know if there is anything i should worry about considering it hasn’t been done before?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2024, 01:49 AM   #2
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.70]
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegovo View Post
Hello All,

I have an f82 with 81k miles and i don’t believe it had had a trans service before. i have been looking to get it done within the next month and needed to know if there is anything i should worry about considering it hasn’t been done before?

Thanks,
Make sure the shop knows how to do it lol. It’s not a recommended service from BMW and it requires certain special parameters such as running the engine at like 2000 RPM after the fluid is changed and the temperature of the fluid needs to be between 30C and not to exceed 40C. It’s not a normal drain and fill and then shift it between the gears like on a Toyota lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2024, 02:47 AM   #3
djpeetur
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 | G80

Make sure get motul dct-f. And oem pan and gaskets. I bought aftermarket pan and it was a slow miserable leak. After I change the fluid. No more transmission heat warning and way better shifting. I did this around 75k miles in my garage and just ran through the gears and refilled. There are YouTube DIY. Best of luck
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2024, 09:35 AM   #4
Shariq
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Avus Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegovo View Post
Hello All,

Thanks,
I see you are in irvine. I had mine done two months ago at S5X performance along with changing to a DCT CSF Cooler for the track. If your not going to do it yourself I would have them do it. Its the only shop I trust in SoCal.
Appreciate 0