EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

Yesterday, 02:30 PM   #1
thatg
Major
Rep
Drives: Silverstone E93 M3

Stiff manual shifter?

Hey all i've had my f83 for a year now and started noticing my shifter has gotten more stiff. If i move the shifter around it will get stuck in position and i have to move it back to the neutral position myself instead of it naturally snapping back to position. I've seen a couple of suggestions of what this might be, but trying to logically work through process of elemination here.

1. The shifter cup may be dried out and needs more grease
2. Something in the linkage components is worn ie bushings
3. Transmission fluid needs replacing

A seperate issue is my car feels very jumpy. Almost like its in some kind of super aggressive mode regardless if im in all comfort settings or sport plus

1. Sparkplugs or coilpacks need replacing
2. Not sure what else to look for on this one - car previously was flashed, but returned to stock for past couple months and still having the same experience.

Thanks for any input. I couple mods i was also considering to improve shifter smoothness/experience is turner rear shifter bushing/ rogue transmission mounts/ cdv delete

http://www.e90post.com/forums/search...&starteronly=1
Appreciate 0