E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Arrggh!!! I am so pissed!

09-17-2005, 06:15 PM   #1
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGraphite90

Arrggh!!! I am so pissed!

I went to wipe down the front of my car today and I looked underneath my fogs and to my horror, I noticed a 7 inch long series of scrapes underneath the front bumper!! I don't even know when and where it happened, sometimes I go over steep dips but I didn't hear any scraping sound! Is there a way to have it touched up or would the whole bumper need to be repainted?? Perfect timing too, right when I'm getting the 3M Clearbra installed. :mad:
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2005, 06:41 PM   #2
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Maybe you scraped it on a curb or parking lot bumper thingy? Our cars are very low in the front. How deep are they? The word "scrape" implies they are deep. Can you get your fingernail in them? If so, it's a full sand down and repaint (or new bumper).

I thought about a clear bra, and cringe every time I'm washing my car and find a little chip, but at about $800 installed I don't think they are worth it.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2005, 10:03 AM   #3
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
Maybe you scraped it on a curb or parking lot bumper thingy? Our cars are very low in the front. How deep are they? The word "scrape" implies they are deep. Can you get your fingernail in them? If so, it's a full sand down and repaint (or new bumper).

I thought about a clear bra, and cringe every time I'm washing my car and find a little chip, but at about $800 installed I don't think they are worth it.

I just finished washing my 3-year old car.. it used to be black, but now the front end looks grey/white from all the rock chips!! when I do it all over again, i'm definatly getting a clear bra, its very very worth it if you drive your car consistently fast... those damn rock chips really add up! (im disgusted with my car right now
      09-18-2005, 10:27 AM   #4
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGraphite90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP

I think I may have clipped a curb at work because I heard a real loud boom when I made a U-turn. I got out to check the car and I didn't see anything. It must have been that though because that's the only time I remember hearing something hit. I'm not sure how deep the scrapes are but I know they went beyond the clear coat. I had the clear bra put on yesterday for less that $700, and I must say it looks awesome! I was having second thoughts as well on a dark car like mine but the guy did a good job, you can barely see the seam unless you look up close. It is a lot of money, but considering all the abuse your front end will take on roads, I think it is a good long-term investment.

The weirdest thing happened this morning...I went to fill my car up this morning at the gas station, I was the only one there. I went inside to pay the guy, and he starts complimenting me on my car, saying "Your car is beautiful!! That's my dream car!" So I'm thinking oh, how nice of him to say that, then he starts asking me more questions, like how much I paid for it, monthly payments, etc. So I answered and then left. Then, he comes outside of his booth and starts peeking into the car and continues to gush over it, while I'm putting the gas in. I was like, uh, this is really weird.
Appreciate 0