ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

02-08-2019, 08:44 AM   #1
Scott_S
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 X5 35i, 16 F80 ZCP

Anyone in the Atlanta/Marietta willing to check a car out for me

At the title says, anyone in the Atlanta/Marietta willing to look at a M3 at a 3rd party dealer for me? I am located in Minnesota so before I flew down there I was hoping to get some eyes on it to make sure it is worth the trip. Let me know if you can help out and I will give you the information. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #2
15minprior
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by scschafe View Post
At the title says, anyone in the Atlanta/Marietta willing to look at a M3 at a 3rd party dealer for me? I am located in Minnesota so before I flew down there I was hoping to get some eyes on it to make sure it is worth the trip. Let me know if you can help out and I will give you the information. Thanks in advance.
I would stay away from most 3rd party dealerships in Marietta.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 01:07 PM   #3
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scschafe View Post
Who is the dealer?
      02-10-2019, 05:50 PM   #4
cable2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

If it’s ALM in Marietta, I didn’t get a good feel for these guys.
I went there to see if they were interested in buying my low mileage 335 coupe, 2 different people Offered me pricing, one low balled me the other offered an slightly higher price. Then another guy came over and asked me if I would leave the car with them for a week?
All I wanted to do was sell the car, on the way out another salesman approached me and said he wanted the car but couldn’t give me a number...... I left pretty confused
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 11:58 PM   #5
15minprior
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable2 View Post
If it’s ALM in Marietta, I didn’t get a good feel for these guys.
I went there to see if they were interested in buying my low mileage 335 coupe, 2 different people Offered me pricing, one low balled me the other offered an slightly higher price. Then another guy came over and asked me if I would leave the car with them for a week?
All I wanted to do was sell the car, on the way out another salesman approached me and said he wanted the car but couldn’t give me a number...... I left pretty confused
ALM, Atlanta used cars, Atlanta Autos = numerous cases of dealership fraud in the past. There are all owned by the same guy who dba's under the different family name. CarFax fraud, title fraud, anything unethical, they got it.

It's worth it to pay that extra few grand to purchase from a reputable BMW dealership or find a honest private seller from here. I would rather purchase from carmax than those jokers.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 12:42 AM   #6
tb's e90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f82

I live in the washington dc area and this weekend bought an m4 from select luxury in marietta, ga - I had a ppi done by bimmer service center for $157 and they did a great job.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 10:05 AM   #7
cable2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Select Luxury, seem like a top notch place, I have been there a few times don’t think I would hesitate buying from them.
In my case I ended up going new as I couldn’t find what I was looking for used.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 10:31 AM   #8
tb's e90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f82

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable2 View Post
Select Luxury, seem like a top notch place, I have been there a few times don’t think I would hesitate buying from them.
In my case I ended up going new as I couldn’t find what I was looking for used.
yeah, I had a great experience at select luxury - I would buy again from them in a heartbeat
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 06:17 PM   #9
fazalcon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb's e90 View Post
yeah, I had a great experience at select luxury - I would buy again from them in a heartbeat
I've purchased from Select before and they did a great job. I've also dealt with Drive A Dream not too far from Select and my experience there was very pleasant as well. Let me know and I may be able to help
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 01:05 PM   #10
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

I have purchased two M3’s from Momentummotorcars in Marietta. Great group of guys and they have always taken care of me. Plus they have a great website with plenty of pics of each of their cars.
      03-03-2019, 11:13 AM   #11
M3Jae
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Silverstone II

Pay a little more and get a peace of mind purchasing from a reputable bmw dealer or if you can, look for certified M3's!

Last edited by M3Jae; 03-03-2019 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: Spelling correction
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 10:43 AM   #12
rarlyl8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5/328it/Wrangler

My SSII/Shakir 6-speed is for sale at Momentum. That car was awesome and trouble free. Probably would have bought it out of the lease if the GA tax laws weren't so jacked and I didn't work -our killer deal on my CS
Appreciate 0