INDustry distribution
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

03-15-2019, 10:59 AM   #133
G4BR13L
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
A slight discoloration isn't the end of the world as it's cosmetic but many of us are OCD about our M cars so we get it.

I'd Make a warranty claim to Brembo and or BMW.

Can u park the car for a few weeks? Pull the calipers off and ship them to Brembo, demand that they repaint or replace. CCBs are a near $9,000 option in the US so I wouldn't accept no for an answer. If Brembo won't budge then push the issue with BMW, or maybe start with BMW. Either Brembo , bmw corporate or the dealer needs to make an accommodation. These brakes just cost too much not to be backed up by the manufacturer.
I am afraid that warrantly laws in Belgium are not so consumer oriented as in other countries. I paid 7425 euro for the CCB's and just the new calipers are now almost half that cost, this is crazy.

I will keep posting updates on this thread once I have contacted a shop and if we can match the colour I will post which colour code we used.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 11:33 AM   #134
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

Quote:
The micro level cracking on the rotor surface as seen in the pic attached off a new M3 - completely normal correct? I'm curious if it presents similarly on all CCBs or if it varies where some appear to be smoother than others?
They leave the factory like that. It's part of the manufacturing process. BMW calls it "relaxed microstructure"
Appreciate 1
IB M992.00

03-15-2019, 11:40 AM   #135
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4BR13L View Post
No track use on this car. I use it as a daily driver and about 80% is on the highway, lot of traffic jams so lot of stop and go. I think the calipers got in this way caused by a certain wheel cleaner fluid, it seems like the gold calipers are anodized and react badly to wheel cleaner fluids.

Attachment 1998397
That's from heat. The calipers are painted and not anodized so they are more vulnerable to color change from heat but the clear coat finish makes them typically more resistant to cleaners. Anodized is opposite. They don't discolor from even extreme heat but since there's not a protective coating it makes them more vulnerable to acidic cleaners.

CCB's generate more heat than steel, they're just more tolerant. That's why they have to be bigger than the steel counterparts.
Appreciate 1
CanAutM39454.00

03-15-2019, 12:12 PM   #136
coldfish
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2018 M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4BR13L View Post
Quote:
A slight discoloration isn't the end of the world as it's cosmetic but many of us are OCD about our M cars so we get it.

I'd Make a warranty claim to Brembo and or BMW.

Can u park the car for a few weeks? Pull the calipers off and ship them to Brembo, demand that they repaint or replace. CCBs are a near $9,000 option in the US so I wouldn't accept no for an answer. If Brembo won't budge then push the issue with BMW, or maybe start with BMW. Either Brembo , bmw corporate or the dealer needs to make an accommodation. These brakes just cost too much not to be backed up by the manufacturer.
I am afraid that warrantly laws in Belgium are not so consumer oriented as in other countries. I paid 7425 euro for the CCB's and just the new calipers are now almost half that cost, this is crazy.

I will keep posting updates on this thread once I have contacted a shop and if we can match the colour I will post which colour code we used.
Did your CCB come with the car or you installed it afterwards ?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 01:37 PM   #137
G4BR13L
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfish View Post
Did your CCB come with the car or you installed it afterwards ?
I ordered the car in August 2015 with the CCBs.
Appreciate 0