proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-22-2019, 07:55 AM   #23
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

So... I saw in another one of your threads how you refuse to pay anyone to do something you can do yourself, like "installing the stage 2 tune BMW wanted to charge you $xxx.xx to do."

With a real stage 2 tune -- like BM3, downpipes and intakes (sorry, you'd lose your super cool KNN stickers), you'd be over 500 to the wheels. I pulled a ZL1 twice a couple weeks back with those three.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 08:09 AM   #24
Bmwlmr99
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw m4

I'm sure I'm over 500 at the wheels, these guys had mods on there Camaro's and vettes..well pass there 650hp 650 tq ratings ...at least 750, stock hellcats and mustang's or stock c7 zo6 or a close run
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 08:11 AM   #25
Bmwlmr99
First Lieutenant
Rep

yeah just another 130 hp would put me in the running lol
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 11:15 AM   #26
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nars3000 View Post
OP, you'll know you're ready when you've actually done your homework, and have gotten labor quotes from one or two local tuning shops. Not sure why I'm seeing a trend of people asking for advice on certain topics (turbos, roll cage, selling) then proceed to attach photos (irrelevant) of their car like it's supposed to leave an impression on anyone.

My apologies in advance, and I don't mean to be harsh, but most of us are M owners here, so chances are we've seen heavily modified cars that are far more impressive. But hey, if you just want to share photos of your car, the best avenue for that is in Photos/Videos, where you can upload random shots all day. That would be the better place to share photos of your pride and joy than in the Engine/Drivetrain/Exhaust/Bolt-ons/Tuning technical section.

Please prove me wrong. I would love to actually see people pull the trigger on upgraded turbos. It's hard to go wrong with Kratos, VTT, or Pure turbos, so it's just a matter of execution from this point.
In regards to him posting a random picture of his car while discussing a totally different subject, is probably due to Facebook.

In the FB groups, there are usually a ton of threads and in order for your question to be seen, please say “PFA” or “Pic for Attention” and attach a photo to the question to catch the reader’s eye.

Or he could really want to just show off his car
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2019, 11:39 AM   #27
Bmwlmr99
First Lieutenant
Rep

man don't buy into that foolishness , the pics show I'm extremist about modding cars and racing....I've had a saleen mustang, Corvette and now the bmw....got tons of pics if you like to see more?....I prefer to stay on the subject at hand ....I think I have my answer and how much I'm going to put into upgrading the turbos etc financially
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 11:42 AM   #28
Bmwlmr99
First Lieutenant
Rep

I have 62,000 miles with a old vf tune....not once has it thrown a cod etc....flawless, not as flexible and adjustable as newer tunes but definitely reliable and fast
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 11:45 AM   #29
Bmwlmr99
First Lieutenant
Rep

will definitely need to change tunes now
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 01:10 PM   #30
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwlmr99 View Post
I'm sure I'm over 500 at the wheels, these guys had mods on there Camaro's and vettes..well pass there 650hp 650 tq ratings ...at least 750, stock hellcats and mustang's or stock c7 zo6 or a close run
Yea, zl1 shows 650hp but thats at the crank. my 500+ is whp. If you do the 15% loss rule, it should be around 550whp... so somewhat close. A modded one and im toast but I enjoyed pulling on this one twice. He gave me a thumbs up at the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 01:21 PM   #31
Bmwlmr99
First Lieutenant
Rep

cool man, I figured a stage 2 tune full exhaust m3/4 could run hellcats, c7zo6 and zl1camaros etc....they hate our cars with a passion man....I had gtr , c7zo6 jump all over me when I was close to stock all the time...just look up and there right beside me...begging me to race lol....bastards
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 03:42 PM   #32
Dasd329
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 F82

I would guess you would need to do the crank hub but Kevin would know more
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 05:29 PM   #33
dtmwerksm3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15 M4 Mineral White/Shakir

nars3000 Way to be a complete and utter douche, you wake up on the wrong side of your "M Car Bed"?

The guy was just asking for some simple advice from others who've done turbo upgrades, absolutely nothing wrong with that — guess the forums aren't for conversing with other owners anymore…
2003 BMW M3 — Carbon Black on Black, 6MT - Sold
1995 BMW M3 Coupe — Cosmos Black on Black - Sold
Appreciate 3
      05-23-2019, 07:36 PM   #34
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmwerksm3 View Post
nars3000 Way to be a complete and utter douche, you wake up on the wrong side of your "M Car Bed"?

The guy was just asking for some simple advice from others who've done turbo upgrades, absolutely nothing wrong with that — guess the forums aren't for conversing with other owners anymore…
I already apologized in advance for being harsh, because I know people do not like to hear the truth and reality of things.

I'll be glad to apologize again once OP proves me wrong. But as OP mentioned, he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. Personally, when I see people ask about turbo upgrade options, and they claim to be "ready", then to me that means they're not remotely close to being ready. I've been through the process once or twice, so I know where things stand when someone asks a general question with no specifics. The unnecessary photo attachments were just icing on the cake, but sure, you can call me a douchebag for keeping things real.

BTW, who are you again? Have you made any valuable technical contributions recently besides attacking people?

P.S. This is what it looks like when someone is ready to go the distance: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1617338
P.S.S. Also pay attention to how that particular member omitted photos of his car until asked.

Last edited by FriedPiston; 05-23-2019 at 07:46 PM..
Appreciate 3
      05-23-2019, 10:28 PM   #35
Bmwlmr99
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Thanks for the kind words!!!! I appreciate it ...Hopefully we can focus on positive things and OUR PASSION for these awesome BMW HIGH performance cars we are fortunate to own.,,keep it fun and informative so we want be disappointed or mislead about what to expect form the mods we choose and the hard earned money we spend... things are constantly changing with tunes , e85 , meth...turbos from this company and that one...so this is a great way to find out about the latest and greatest...and I intend on exploiting it to the full....A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON parted but a wise man gathers intel from like minded individuals...who have or share similar goals and experiences....once again I appreciate everyone who toke out time to respond...have a great evening and a awesome holiday weekend...be safe out there
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 02:26 AM   #36
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

You should consider the kratos turbo kit, it's such a big step above the rest and you can get mega power from stock internals 812whp and safe and smooth torque curve.

ecutek - bend calibration pro tune - flex fuel - mpe - stock turbos - oem+
Appreciate 1
808elise378.00
      05-24-2019, 07:57 AM   #37
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPro_F80 View Post
You should consider the kratos turbo kit, it's such a big step above the rest and you can get mega power from stock internals 812whp and safe and smooth torque curve.
But double the price of other kits

KRAS55Bi: $7,895,
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 09:09 AM   #38
dtmwerksm3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15 M4 Mineral White/Shakir

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words!!!! I appreciate it ...Hopefully we can focus on positive things and OUR PASSION for these awesome BMW HIGH performance cars we are fortunate to own.,,keep it fun and informative so we want be disappointed or mislead about what to expect form the mods we choose and the hard earned money we spend... things are constantly changing with tunes , e85 , meth...turbos from this company and that one...so this is a great way to find out about the latest and greatest...and I intend on exploiting it to the full....A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON parted but a wise man gathers intel from like minded individuals...who have or share similar goals and experiences....once again I appreciate everyone who toke out time to respond...have a great evening and a awesome holiday weekend...be safe out there
No worries man, I've been in your shoes and to be honest this is what the forums are for I've been in the scene for going on 19 years founded the largest E36 club in So-Cal way back when, been a Bimmerfest sponsor, the list goes on and people like the aforementioned just honestly don't bring anything to the table with comments like that.

Hope you move forward with the build, was thinking of doing the same but I think its time for me take the leap into a turbo P-car.

Have a great weekend, cheers!
2003 BMW M3 — Carbon Black on Black, 6MT - Sold
1995 BMW M3 Coupe — Cosmos Black on Black - Sold
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2019, 09:21 AM   #39
Bmwlmr99
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No worries man, I've been in your shoes and to be honest this is what the forums are for I've been in the scene for going on 19 years founded the largest E36 club in So-Cal way back when, been a Bimmerfest sponsor, the list goes on and people like the aforementioned just honestly don't bring anything to the table with comments like that.

Hope you move forward with the build, was thinking of doing the same but I think its time for me take the leap into a turbo P-car.

Have a great weekend, cheers!
awesome bro!!! thanks .... I drive out of town etc...so reliability matters a lot ...thats why i targeted 620 to 650 tq and a max of 650 to 700 flywheel ...800 , 900 + hp would be a strickly racing setup in my opinion....700 is enough for me , i guess until i get beat lol....
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 09:24 AM   #40
Bmwlmr99
First Lieutenant
Rep

all of you guys are awesome. .continue to educate the ignorant ones with BMW wisdom
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 11:28 AM   #41
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Quote:
But double the price of other kits

KRAS55Bi: $7,895,
Correct, because you can keep your core. They are not modded stock turbos. They have high flowing turbofolds that can actually support 600 hp+ safely without so much dangerous heat and back pressure.

ecutek - bend calibration pro tune - flex fuel - mpe - stock turbos - oem+
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 11:33 AM   #42
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Correct, because you can keep your core. They are not modded stock turbos. They have high flowing turbofolds that can actually support 600 hp+ safely without so much dangerous heat and back pressure.
There are still Turbos on the market without core for 50% less. Not trashing just trying to find out why?
Appreciate 2
blockdoc373.00
TX PETE10.00
      05-24-2019, 07:49 PM   #43
M3anPower
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Quote:
There are still Turbos on the market without core for 50% less. Not trashing just trying to find out why?
Where?
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2019, 07:50 PM   #44
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3anPower View Post
Where?

VTT

http://performance.vargasturbo.com/e...&product_id=52