Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA

11-17-2020, 05:17 PM   #3851
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Baby life! Tell us how it's going for fucks sake, havent seen you in ages here!
Wife is over 7 months. Baby Nora is due Jan 16th.
Appreciate 3
minn1914012.00
Lups11824.50
Wah2778.50
      11-17-2020, 06:55 PM   #3852
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
It seems like right now is a horrible time for automakers except Tesla - a combination of covid shutdowns & supply chain issues combined with shifting strategy for mev/phev/bev is wreaking havoc internally.

Seems like nobody can decide who they want to be in 5 years, therefore their product lines are stalled or wildly swinging, and in the meantime execs are leaving or being fired. Crazy times.
It’s one thing to not know what strategic way to take with your lineup or deal with supply chain issues, but add just complete shoddy design and workmanship on top and it makes me wonder how they stay in business. If it wasn’t for the F-150 and Explorer (which makes it even more mind blowing that they fucked up that things roll out up so bad) they wouldn’t be. I wonder how long they can ride those two horses until (see what I did there ) until they can turn the rest of it around.

It is also mind blowing to me that a company that invented the mass produced vehicle and has been building cars for over 100 years..............can’t get basic things like panel gaps and paint even close to correct on a lot of their cars/trucks. Especially their “halo” car.

Third mind blowing thing is they still get people lining up to pay well north of 100k for them (GTs, GT350Rs and 500s, maybe even Broncos now) while their distribution system is so fucked up they sit outside in Detroit for months. Leading to more issues like cracked summer tires and more body issues. I can’t believe they won’t let people pick them up their or set up a cool delivery program like every other auto/truck manufacturer in the world.

Their moral and culture sucks in every way from top to bottom.

Edit: Really last mind blowing thing. They make some of the best/fun drivers cars and trucks on the market, which really sucks because you have to deal with the above. Good luck dealing with FoMoCo corporate when you have a major issue and you most likely will.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18116.50
      11-17-2020, 09:50 PM   #3853
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Ford is in total chaos it seems. Here is the main thread about the GT500 issues. There are quite a few other ones in that section also. This thread is from one of the biggest fanboys on that site up until now.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/thr...issues.149135/

I'd be very leery of buying a Ford period, but no way I'd buy a first year one that's for sure. Assuming the dealer doesn't try and screw you at delivery with a huge ADM surprise either or just sell it to someone else for more.

Check this fiasco out with the new Explorers. This is one of many articles just dealing with one model.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/09/16/...gLs3aFtEMI8DYJ
Quote:
It seems like right now is a horrible time for automakers except Tesla - a combination of covid shutdowns & supply chain issues combined with shifting strategy for mev/phev/bev is wreaking havoc internally.

Seems like nobody can decide who they want to be in 5 years, therefore their product lines are stalled or wildly swinging, and in the meantime execs are leaving or being fired. Crazy times.
For me, the issue with American car companies (Tesla included) are the factory workers don't care enough to build a better quality product. Worker unions are no better than the management. It seems to be they are just trying to one-up each other on who's more stupid.

This used to be more of a "Made in China" problem as I remember memeing about it when I was young but now a days it is more of a "Made in the US" meme when it comes to cars. It is nearly as bad as Italian branded cars which is already known to have production/reliability problems to begin with. The fact that Ford has already starting to recall 2020 cars for issues is a huge red flag for me. Reading half of that thread Minn linked, makes me sad and people wonder why city of Detroit is having issues. At this point, cars built in Mexico with proper oversight and workers proud to build what they are building are far better than ones made in Detroit. Who thought that would be a thing?

I been jumping on the Porsche wagon because of all the crap BMW has throwing in our face recently but if I am to spend 100k+ on a car. I will absolutely NOT put it into a Ford. A build quality of a 20k car should not belong on a car that is 100k+.
minn1914012.00
GrussGott18116.50
      11-18-2020, 05:31 AM   #3854
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It’s one thing to not know what strategic way to take with your lineup or deal with supply chain issues, but add just complete shoddy design and workmanship on top and it makes me wonder how they stay in business. If it wasn’t for the F-150 and Explorer (which makes it even more mind blowing that they fucked up that things roll out up so bad) they wouldn’t be. I wonder how long they can ride those two horses until (see what I did there ) until they can turn the rest of it around.

It is also mind blowing to me that a company that invented the mass produced vehicle and has been building cars for over 100 years..............can’t get basic things like panel gaps and paint even close to correct on a lot of their cars/trucks. Especially their “halo” car.

Third mind blowing thing is they still get people lining up to pay well north of 100k for them (GTs, GT350Rs and 500s, maybe even Broncos now) while their distribution system is so fucked up they sit outside in Detroit for months. Leading to more issues like cracked summer tires and more body issues. I can’t believe they won’t let people pick them up their or set up a cool delivery program like every other auto/truck manufacturer in the world.

Their moral and culture sucks in every way from top to bottom.

Edit: Really last mind blowing thing. They make some of the best/fun drivers cars and trucks on the market, which really sucks because you have to deal with the above. Good luck dealing with FoMoCo corporate when you have a major issue and you most likely will.
A top of the line First Edition Bronco 4 door is 65k. A “FE” has all the best offroad and luxury components offered in one trim. This includes the electronic sway bar disconnect only offered on the Badlands.

FE was supposed to be limited to 3500 units but they randomly doubled it to 7000.

It does not have cup holders.

It has a 10-speed auto with a ecoboost v6 just like the Ranger but for some reason it can only tow 3500lb even with the tow package.

It was supposed to have a body matched removable top but Ford announced they wont be ready so you get the grey roof like everyone else.

For 65k you cant choose your interior color on the FE. Its BLUE and thats it. Even if you pick orange exterior on the FE.

Btw did I mention Im salty about the options and launch? I was waiting for the Bronco for years and as I mentioned above I literally have the #9 FE reserved but the above turned me off.

Now to be hearing the continued issues on the Mustangs and with over 175000 reserved Broncos I have to assume early Broncos will have a fair share quality issues.

Im out on the Bronco due to all of the above.

Last edited by dmk08; 11-18-2020 at 05:39 AM..
Appreciate 2
minn1914012.00
GrussGott18116.50
      11-18-2020, 08:19 AM   #3855
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
A top of the line First Edition Bronco 4 door is 65k. A “FE” has all the best offroad and luxury components offered in one trim. This includes the electronic sway bar disconnect only offered on the Badlands.

FE was supposed to be limited to 3500 units but they randomly doubled it to 7000.

It does not have cup holders.

It has a 10-speed auto with a ecoboost v6 just like the Ranger but for some reason it can only tow 3500lb even with the tow package.

It was supposed to have a body matched removable top but Ford announced they wont be ready so you get the grey roof like everyone else.

For 65k you cant choose your interior color on the FE. Its BLUE and thats it. Even if you pick orange exterior on the FE.

Btw did I mention Im salty about the options and launch? I was waiting for the Bronco for years and as I mentioned above I literally have the #9 FE reserved but the above turned me off.

Now to be hearing the continued issues on the Mustangs and with over 175000 reserved Broncos I have to assume early Broncos will have a fair share quality issues.

Im out on the Bronco due to all of the above.
If you could snag one at MSRP though.............
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 05:42 PM   #3856
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Last week I was driving a chevy equinox and this week it's a mazda cx-5 ... both are interesting generic CUVs with their +/-s though if I had to pick it'd be the CX-5. It's funny how peppy and tossable they are compared to the M4; makes them a whole lot of fun - i could easily see someone buying one purely for fun city driving. I have zero concerns about hitting a curb, banging into shit, etc so I just drive the thing in total hoon mode and it's a blast!

Controversial opinion: While we've been chasing ponies, Gs, unsprung weight, and carbon fiber, basic vehicles have gotten way WAY better and way more horsepower too such that they're not too far off performance of "fast" vehicles of the past with 100% of it being usable on city streets - which makes errands WAY more fun!

As an example, my 2001 Audi Allroad was 4200 lbs and 250 HP (~17lbs/pony to backwards it). Back then, no, it wasn't a sports car obviously, but it was a fast SUV type thing and I'd run it around with sports cars and it wasn't totally embarrassing or anything. People routinely said it was faster than it looked - and it was. This CX-5 is ~3700 lb and ~230 HP (~16lbs/pony) and it gets all the benefits of better suspension design etc and definitely feels tuned better.

So basically the CX-5 is surprisingly fun to daily versus how I thought it might be.
Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00
      11-18-2020, 05:57 PM   #3857
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Last week I was driving a chevy equinox and this week it's a mazda cx-5 ... both are interesting generic CUVs with their +/-s though if I had to pick it'd be the CX-5. It's funny how peppy and tossable they are compared to the M4; makes them a whole lot of fun - i could easily see someone buying one purely for fun city driving. I have zero concerns about hitting a curb, banging into shit, etc so I just drive the thing in total hoon mode and it's a blast!

Controversial opinion: While we've been chasing ponies, Gs, unsprung weight, and carbon fiber, basic vehicles have gotten way WAY better and way more horsepower too such that they're not too far off performance of "fast" vehicles of the past with 100% of it being usable on city streets - which makes errands WAY more fun!

As an example, my 2001 Audi Allroad was 4200 lbs and 250 HP (~17lbs/pony to backwards it). Back then, no, it wasn't a sports car obviously, but it was a fast SUV type thing and I'd run it around with sports cars and it wasn't totally embarrassing or anything. People routinely said it was faster than it looked - and it was. This CX-5 is ~3700 lb and ~230 HP (~16lbs/pony) and it gets all the benefits of better suspension design etc and definitely feels tuned better.

So basically the CX-5 is surprisingly fun to daily versus how I thought it might be.
I love driving our GLI for similar reasons. Light, cheap, very peppy, great MPG, versatile and don’t care as much if it gets a ding etc. The front diff is magic and it is the one of the few FWD care I like driving. I’m seriously thinking about a manual R when they come out.

I’m telling you should checkout MB if you get the chance. The more I drive the C63S, the more I love it as a fun DD vehicle. It is a lot more fun/nice road car than any of my M 3/4s. The F8X definitely would/do win for a dual purpose track car. But, if tracking isn't in the picture I say the C63s win for a fun DD road car. It isn’t perfect and BMW wins in ways, but not overall IMO. Especially not this new shit BMW is putting out. I am glad I picked up a V8 MB before they aren’t available in the next gen.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 08:10 PM   #3858
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Think I mentioned this like a few pages back or on another thread but it was quoted from Jason Cammisa, a few things I actually agree with him with.

The faster cars have gotten, the less fun and exciting they are because the fun ends too fast. I can already say the G8x cars will be even less engaging than the F8x cars because of all the changes BMW are doing to it.

I will always love the F80/F82 because they represent something I have wanted since middle school basically but my views on cars have changed a lot since the F80/F82 came out.
GrussGott18116.50
      11-18-2020, 08:53 PM   #3859
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you could snag one at MSRP though.............
Mine is actually reserved at Granger Ford in Iowa for $1,000 under invoice which is their advertised deal. (yes invoice not MSRP. about 7% off)

https://www.grangerford.com/new-ford-bronco.html
Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00
      11-18-2020, 08:55 PM   #3860
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yeah the CX-5 was always very connected with good steering feedback but the recent addition of the turbo engine has really helped it. Not sure if yours was boosted or not.

I'm calling it now. Kia and Genesis are coming for the M division.
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18116.50
minn1914012.00
      11-18-2020, 09:03 PM   #3861
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah the CX-5 was always very connected with good steering feedback but the recent addition of the turbo engine has really helped it. Not sure if yours was boosted or not.

I'm calling it now. Kia and Genesis are coming for the M division.
Well the new "N" line cars from Hyundai has Biermann's handiwork all over it already. 6MT or wet DCT, lighter, refined interior... Remind you of anything? lol

Sadly it only comes with a Turbo 4... so that kinda blows.
minn1914012.00
      11-19-2020, 03:57 AM   #3862
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
btw GrussGott if you did indeed order a Porsche, who did you do it through?
      11-19-2020, 11:57 AM   #3863
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

It always amazed me how many people were willing to completely ruin their reputations for Trump. Now it really amazes me how many more are still willing to do it after he clearly lost.
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18116.50
      11-19-2020, 12:12 PM   #3864
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
It always amazed me how many people were willing to completely ruin their reputations for Trump. Now it really amazes me how many more are still willing to do it after he clearly lost.
Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00
      11-19-2020, 12:56 PM   #3865
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
I love his videos.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 06:49 PM   #3866
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Im never buying a car again. I saw the grill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00
      11-19-2020, 08:19 PM   #3867
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
“Youll get used to it”.
Appreciate 3
minn1914012.00
Lups11824.50
GrussGott18116.50
      11-19-2020, 08:25 PM   #3868
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This is BMW's verison of, "We know better than our buyers so fuck you." Kind of moment.

dmk08 btw do you happen to have a Rennlist account? I noticed another "dmk" there and I find it weird someone has dmk as an name too hehe.
Lups11824.50
GrussGott18116.50
      11-22-2020, 01:40 PM   #3869
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
This is BMW's verison of, "We know better than our buyers so fuck you." Kind of moment.

dmk08 btw do you happen to have a Rennlist account? I noticed another "dmk" there and I find it weird someone has dmk as an name too hehe.
Yep. I used to have a 911.
Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00
      11-23-2020, 04:14 AM   #3870
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yep. I used to have a 911.
Ahhh okay

I been lurking a lot on the 718 side for Rennlist as of late. Saw you post there a few times while seeing an old regular like Larry Cable post there often since he apparently got a 718 Speedster.
      11-23-2020, 11:01 PM   #3871
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
No I haven't done it yet - we kinda got sidetracked with some work-type stuff and so are gonna talk it through over the holiday weekend
Appreciate 1
Arcades8162.00
      11-24-2020, 01:54 AM   #3872
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
No I haven't done it yet - we kinda got sidetracked with some work-type stuff and so are gonna talk it through over the holiday weekend
Got it

If you do, do it through my contacts at DTLA Porsche let me know. Cuz I may get some brownie points for myself 😛
GrussGott18116.50