Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA

04-24-2021, 12:13 AM   #4555
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I still think it’s funny that the mods move so quick to ban people in the G80 section but allow others to rile people up in the F8X one. Don’t care, just an observation as I’m only here for the entertainment and a few friends I’ve made here over the years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_M3 View Post
To me, only insecure people bother to involve themselves in these discussions. They're not really in the spirit of true discussion and debating of the pros and cons, rather being trollish in their remarks.
I think I have gotten to the point with this car, that I am just replying to trolls to troll them back lol.

I don't really care for the car, nor would I get one lol. I have my commission number for my GT4 order. It's a matter of time now for allocation since it's for 2022 cars now.
minn1914012.00
GrussGott18116.50
      04-24-2021, 07:17 PM   #4556
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
I think I have gotten to the point with this car, that I am just replying to trolls to troll them back lol.

I don't really care for the car, nor would I get one lol. I have my commission number for my GT4 order. It's a matter of time now for allocation since it's for 2022 cars now.
geeze, I gotta go catch up in the banned thread!!
Appreciate 1
CT_M31478.00
      04-24-2021, 07:49 PM   #4557
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:

geeze, I gotta go catch up in the banned thread!!
Apparently there is a counter thread on the G8x out of spite lol.
minn1914012.00
GrussGott18116.50
      04-25-2021, 04:48 PM   #4558
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Apparently there is a counter thread on the G8x out of spite lol.
That's the best thing about whiners: they always prove you right
Appreciate 2
Arcades8162.00
minn1914012.00
      04-25-2021, 09:50 PM   #4559
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
https://twitter.com/billkristol/stat...615362049?s=21
Now that's funny.......
Appreciate 2
minn1914012.00
GrussGott18116.50
      04-25-2021, 10:43 PM   #4560
CT_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Competition

Sigh... I really tried to talk sense into them; to no avail. People are so tied in the things they own. You won't get me defending the M3 like that. I need a break from that thread lol.

Now they're showing up in the thread to shout people down. Sign of the times people, sign of the times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
That's the best thing about whiners: they always prove you right
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18116.50
minn1914012.00
      04-25-2021, 11:14 PM   #4561
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_M3 View Post
Sigh... I really tried to talk sense into them; to no avail. People are so tied in the things they own. You won't get me defending the M3 like that. I need a break from that thread lol.

Now they're showing up in the thread to shout people down. Sign of the times people, sign of the times.
It's a circle jerk lol.

I don't really care anymore honestly.

Regardless of which car I will be in, I mentioned very recently I don't deal with fanboys of any kind anymore. The one thing that all of this made me realize is, dealing with fanboys are tiring. You can see it very clearly when it comes to the forums as well.

I don't need to say that, you can pick out which of those people are fanboys based on what they been saying.
CT_M31478.00
minn1914012.00
      04-28-2021, 08:02 PM   #4562
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY 6MT F83

Garage List
Yaawwwn. Wow. Took a long nap. Trump still President?

I blame Lups because of reasons.
Appreciate 2
minn1914012.00
GrussGott18116.50
      04-28-2021, 08:05 PM   #4563
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep

Garage List
So I finally got rid of the F83 - just recently (though strangely, it’s still my name). Haven’t really landed on what my “performance but still practical” next car will be but thinking pretty seriously about a M5 Competition.

Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00
      04-28-2021, 08:11 PM   #4564
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by F83 View Post
So I finally got rid of the F83 - just recently (though strangely, it’s still my name). Haven’t really landed on what my “performance but still practical” next car will be but thinking pretty seriously about a M5 Competition.
Nice to see you back, how are you doing?

Thankfully he is not still Pres.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 08:33 PM   #4565
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nice to see you back, how are you doing?

Thankfully he is not still Pres.
Doing well. News of the day is that we are moving back to Canada/Toronto. Into the move now. All good. Good career opportunity and closer to family and friends. That’s why I got rid of the M4. Importing was too big a PITA. But need to get something on the Canada side.

I liked the M4, and... you know.... the M5 is one more better innit?

Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00
      04-28-2021, 08:40 PM   #4566
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Doing well. News of the day is that we are moving back to Canada/Toronto. Into the move now. All good. Good career opportunity and closer to family and friends. That’s why I got rid of the M4. Importing was too big a PITA. But need to get something on the Canada side.

I liked the M4, and... you know.... the M5 is one more better innit?
Did you get rid of the Panny to? I’m not a big fan of the M5s drive. I love the looks inside/out and of course the power. Just too big and boaty for my taste.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 02:13 AM   #4567
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Did you get rid of the Panny to? I’m not a big fan of the M5s drive. I love the looks inside/out and of course the power. Just too big and boaty for my taste.
I did. I got rid of the Panny some time ago. Just a rolling quality control problem, it was always in the shop. That’s a shame too, because it was an amazing car when it worked. I am also thinking about an RS6 Avant if I can actually get my hands on one. Definitely thinking full size though.

Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00
      04-29-2021, 04:35 PM   #4568
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I did. I got rid of the Panny some time ago. Just a rolling quality control problem, it was always in the shop. That’s a shame too, because it was an amazing car when it worked. I am also thinking about an RS6 Avant if I can actually get my hands on one. Definitely thinking full size though.
Nice to see you back! yeah the RS6 in Canada is a real bargain - that's for sure the route I'd go ... glad you're leaving Seattle as we're thinking of moving there and it ain't cheap and that's coming from California!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 04:38 PM   #4569
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Which Panny did you have? I thought Porsches were like Lexus level of quality.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18116.50
      04-29-2021, 07:50 PM   #4570
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Not always.

As with anything if you are unlucky, a brand may just be that way for you. I heard horror stories for both Toyota and Lexus despite for the most part they are regarded very well when it comes to issues but with so many moving parts, there will always be something that can happen. Aka Electronic gremlins.

Personally I have never had issues with Porsche. Same with Toyota.

I remember seeing F83 say he had problems with the rear wing deploying. Not sure what else though.
      04-30-2021, 02:04 AM   #4571
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
2017 Panamera Turbo. Here’s the list I can think of;

- Persistant check engine light with multiple trips. Ended up replacing the master harness (aka the wiring system for the car engine). That was about 6 weeks in the shop.
- Rear wing not deploying then getting stuck
- leaking rear brakes that ruined one of the wheels
- Gas cap stuck and wouldn’t open
- Ridiculous levels of rattles squeaks and buzzing that couldn’t seem to get resolved. Phone calls where the guy had a deep voice would lead to a buzz in the door so bad you could almost not make out the words
- Various suspension problems. Bushings, sway bars, shock replacements
- Transmission replacement after bad shifts and clunks, missed shifts
- Window stopped working
- Sun roof stuck open
- The final straw for me was the rear hatch latch quitting one day and therefore having to drive back to dealership again with hatch wide open

There’s much more I’m forgetting. Each of these problems was a week or more at the shop because they NEVER had parts. Plus the shop was over an hour away (Tacoma) because the closer Bellevue shop was so fucking terrible.

In 3 years of ownership I think I figured out it spent about 7 months in the shop. It was easily into the lemon category. Biggest mistake I made was not returning it to Porsche when I had the chance. Instead I foolishly thought the problems were solved and negotiated 3 years more bumper to bumper warranty. But the problems kept coming. As a daily driver it was useless, I couldn’t rely on it. I’ll never get a Porsche again.

Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00
      04-30-2021, 04:11 AM   #4572
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
2017 Panamera Turbo. Here’s the list I can think of;

- Persistant check engine light with multiple trips. Ended up replacing the master harness (aka the wiring system for the car engine). That was about 6 weeks in the shop.
- Rear wing not deploying then getting stuck
- leaking rear brakes that ruined one of the wheels
- Gas cap stuck and wouldn’t open
- Ridiculous levels of rattles squeaks and buzzing that couldn’t seem to get resolved. Phone calls where the guy had a deep voice would lead to a buzz in the door so bad you could almost not make out the words
- Various suspension problems. Bushings, sway bars, shock replacements
- Transmission replacement after bad shifts and clunks, missed shifts
- Window stopped working
- Sun roof stuck open
- The final straw for me was the rear hatch latch quitting one day and therefore having to drive back to dealership again with hatch wide open

There’s much more I’m forgetting. Each of these problems was a week or more at the shop because they NEVER had parts. Plus the shop was over an hour away (Tacoma) because the closer Bellevue shop was so fucking terrible.

In 3 years of ownership I think I figured out it spent about 7 months in the shop. It was easily into the lemon category. Biggest mistake I made was not returning it to Porsche when I had the chance. Instead I foolishly thought the problems were solved and negotiated 3 years more bumper to bumper warranty. But the problems kept coming. As a daily driver it was useless, I couldn’t rely on it. I’ll never get a Porsche again.
Ow.

That is extremely unlucky. Where you familiar with your dealership or was it just the closest one?

I have so rarely had issues with any Porsche or BMW I have owned. Only time was blown tires, courtesy of Downtown LA roads. I'm also very familiar with my dealership so, even if I did I'm not really ever worried.

That has kind of been my habit with cars. I don't tend to get brands that I do not have a familiarity with or close relationship with dealership wise. It just happens to be that BMW and Porsche, which is just how things ended up happening.

That is about the only thing that is kind of halting me from maybe getting into a Lexus in the future despite my family's history with Toyota. I don't know any Lexus dealerships I have connections with. Dislike doing things blind.
      05-02-2021, 10:58 AM   #4573
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Just out of curiosity, who still owns a BMW?
I really wanted an m235 or M240, but still looked very favorably on the S3. I like the small cars. The wife was "no fucking way we're ever buying a BMW ever again".
Of course, her Outback was in the shop as much as my 135. But you really don't argue that point. Um
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 03:45 PM   #4574
CT_M3
Lieutenant
Rep

M3 here.. F80. No issues at all. Based on my data point, this car is a unicorn so far to me wrt to BMW reliability and that's why I made the jump.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 04:20 PM   #4575
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
I have never had any issues when it came to BMWs.

For the most part F generation cars have been very reliable but there are always outliers.

As I mentioned with F83, there are just times when you are unlucky with any brand. It happens unfortunate but there isn't much you can do about it. The only way you can protect yourself just in case if anything happens is to have good relation with your dealership. This is the case with me, both BMW and Porsche. If the car has electronic issues, sadly you probably will always have it because once that ball gets rolling, it won't stop.
      05-02-2021, 07:51 PM   #4576
CT_M3
Lieutenant
Rep

Well...., I had the E series 335i with the new N54 turbos. I had problems (2) and (3).

https://bmwtuning.co/8-most-common-b...gine-problems/.

(2) I solved this by trading in the car before they failed. Noticed the turbos leaking oil.
(3) BMW issued a recall for the ignition coils, but only replaced 1 out of 6 since the others weren't bad yet. FF 6 months, the other 5 died and it was out of pocket. AND I had a good relationship with my SA. I tried reasoning with him but he said he could not do anything.

BMW has had a spotty record till the F series based on my experience.

Good points on the electricals.

Quote:
I have never had any issues when it came to BMWs.

For the most part F generation cars have been very reliable but there are always outliers.

As I mentioned with F83, there are just times when you are unlucky with any brand. It happens unfortunate but there isn't much you can do about it. The only way you can protect yourself just in case if anything happens is to have good relation with your dealership. This is the case with me, both BMW and Porsche. If the car has electronic issues, sadly you probably will always have it because once that ball gets rolling, it won't stop.

Last edited by CT_M3; 05-02-2021 at 07:58 PM..
Appreciate 0