proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

11-22-2022, 03:34 PM   #1
rapindrive
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition LCI

Help with BMW contracted maintenance

I have 4 years of contracted maintenance. My last review is in January.

The bmw does not want to advance the revision to me. I want to put the exhaust on my car, complete line, without catalysts. The problem is that they have told me that being opf if I get the error, I may stay in low power mode until I reprogram with mhd.

I want to keep the car like this for a month with the exhaust changed until the service is over, and then reprogram it. I don't want to record in the bmw database that the control unit is unprotected, so I would only go with a changed exhaust.

My fear is that I will not be able to erase the error with mhd during this month and that it will continue in low power mode. Any experience of having put exhaust, without touching electronics in an opf model?

Greetings and thank you.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 06:46 AM   #2
AlmondJayRoM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapindrive View Post
I have 4 years of contracted maintenance. My last review is in January.

The bmw does not want to advance the revision to me. I want to put the exhaust on my car, complete line, without catalysts. The problem is that they have told me that being opf if I get the error, I may stay in low power mode until I reprogram with mhd.

I want to keep the car like this for a month with the exhaust changed until the service is over, and then reprogram it. I don't want to record in the bmw database that the control unit is unprotected, so I would only go with a changed exhaust.

My fear is that I will not be able to erase the error with mhd during this month and that it will continue in low power mode. Any experience of having put exhaust, without touching electronics in an opf model?

Greetings and thank you.
Full exhaust needs a tune. Either wait until your service is over or skip it.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 11:49 AM   #3
rapindrive
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmondJayRoM3 View Post
Full exhaust needs a tune. Either wait until your service is over or skip it.
thanks
Appreciate 0