Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-03-2024, 12:11 PM   #23
theweebabySeamus
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
A question I have when I see people talking about eu5 or eu6 is emissions. Bm3 let's you change the injector, but this doesn't let you pass obd2 emissions.
So are people who use eu5 Injectors living in no emissions states/counties?
I'd assume they swap back to eu6's to smog. Doesn't seem to be that bad of an install. Hell, Bend recommends proactively replacing them every year or two (can't remember) anyways, if you're running e85.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 11:35 AM   #24
MotoGPWannaBe
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeetur View Post
Anything new
Recap,

2016 M3 with 114K miles DCT.
3 years 30K miles BM3 running FBO stage 2, switched to OTS multi map when the BM3 flex fuel kit was first released.

Installed the following almost 1 month ago…

- EU5 bosch injectors from FCP euro. BM3 box checked in the OTS tune and ista + used.
- B58 Eldor coils from FCP euro. BM3 box checked in the OTS tune.
- Nexsys B58 coil adapter plug n play kit
- new NGKs gapped accordingly for mostly running 93.

First impressions are the car runs smooth, smoother than the OE injectors and coils. This was apparent from day 1 and has become the new norm. I still haven’t tried running ethanol since the install and I feel that could be where I notice the most difference as MY (not everyones experience) stock injectors and coils couldn’t handle ethanol very well.

Not really expecting night and day, did this job as a preventative maintenance job, just a good opportunity for upgrades. Also, if I upgrad turbos later then I’ll be more prepared in the fuel/spark department.

Next project will be

- Wheel bearings all four
- Extended wheel stud kit
- Finally utilizing my FCP replacement program to get free Ferodo DS2500 brake pads and OE rotors (running Hawk DTC 60 pads front/back on track).
- second trans fluid/filter service, all necessary parts free from FCP
- replacing some small interior/exterior pieces, at 114K miles there’s quite a few plastic bits looking terrible.

My daughter will be 1 in June so hopefully the wife lets me get all this done and get back out on track in the fall.

Will post more about the injectors/coils when I start running ethanol, most likely will be using x98 and not pump E85.
Appreciate 1
djpeetur175.00
      05-04-2024, 05:58 PM   #25
djpeetur
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Bravo 👏 well said ⤴️. Eu5 are life changing.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 10:27 AM   #26
Nothing
Roll Tide
United_States
Rep
Drives: White/red M3

Interesting… I went EU5, PS2+, Dorch HPFP, LPFP, BM3 flex fuel and the car won’t run. I have Cary Jordan doing my tune but that’s not really going anywhere over the last 3 weeks. The car was picked up today to go back to the shop to have the car looked over since it’s not running without too much fuel and misfiring.
      05-07-2024, 03:54 AM   #27
djpeetur
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
Interesting… I went EU5, PS2+, Dorch HPFP, LPFP, BM3 flex fuel and the car won’t run. I have Cary Jordan doing my tune but that’s not really going anywhere over the last 3 weeks. The car was picked up today to go back to the shop to have the car looked over since it’s not running without too much fuel and misfiring.
Seems like a lot going on. I have ps2, eu5, and OTS 2h map. I’ve been undefeated on 90mph roll tag race. Been really fun. No more misfiring, sputtering, just straight gas burning. At 100k miles I’m just looking for peace and reliability. I have gone through a lot of heartache from cat errors. Intake error. Misfiring error. Boost error. I put on stock cat and intake in order to retain my cars peace.
Appreciate 1
noemon90.50
      05-07-2024, 04:13 AM   #28
Nothing
Roll Tide
United_States
Rep
Drives: White/red M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeetur View Post
Seems like a lot going on. I have ps2, eu5, and OTS 2h map. I’ve been undefeated on 90mph roll tag race. Been really fun. No more misfiring, sputtering, just straight gas burning. At 100k miles I’m just looking for peace and reliability. I have gone through a lot of heartache from cat errors. Intake error. Misfiring error. Boost error. I put on stock cat and intake in order to retain my cars peace.
I wanted to be able to run ethanol and get the full potential from these larger turbos. Somehow the car is running too rich atm and going in to limp mode. Everything on the cars is a typical upgrade to be at the 700whp mark. Maybe a tad more. Just need to figure out what the issue is. The shop took the car back yesterday to help figure out what’s wrong.
      05-07-2024, 04:16 AM   #29
djpeetur
Captain
United_States
Rep

Best of luck. The s55 is fickle when it needs extra fueling. After extra fuel. Make sure to take care of your DCT with motul dct-f fluid. It will start giving you overheat errors at that HP
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 12:30 PM   #30
MotoGPWannaBe
Rep

Everything was running good for more than 1 month with the exception being that the car would stall on hard decel ending at dead stop, this only happened 3 times so I wasn’t too concerned and figured it would get fixed in a future update. Then I had a CEL 1 day and then it cleared on its own. Scanned these inactive codes, see image. Took it out and ran a data log in third gear. Car is running extremely rich in third (afr at 10 which is a lot richer than the target afr), fourth and fifth look good. Will be sending the log to BM3 but running an OTS map, I wouldn’t be suprised if they’d recommend a custom tune. Last thing is I also had some white smoke out of the tailpipes for approximately 10 minutes which was fairly heavy, only happened once and didn’t come back. Couldn’t put it on a lift because Houston had a terrible storm and shop lost power.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 05:00 PM   #31
imperfectluck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
A question I have when I see people talking about eu5 or eu6 is emissions. Bm3 let's you change the injector, but this doesn't let you pass obd2 emissions.
So are people who use eu5 Injectors living in no emissions states/counties?
Passed recently in NY where you’re allowed one not ready. Last I checked on EcuTek, all monitors showed things were fine.

Never knew injectors could affect the emissions to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 05:08 PM   #32
NoorSinghJohal
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoGPWannaBe View Post
Everything was running good for more than 1 month with the exception being that the car would stall on hard decel ending at dead stop, this only happened 3 times so I wasn’t too concerned and figured it would get fixed in a future update. Then I had a CEL 1 day and then it cleared on its own. Scanned these inactive codes, see image. Took it out and ran a data log in third gear. Car is running extremely rich in third (afr at 10 which is a lot richer than the target afr), fourth and fifth look good. Will be sending the log to BM3 but running an OTS map, I wouldn’t be suprised if they’d recommend a custom tune. Last thing is I also had some white smoke out of the tailpipes for approximately 10 minutes which was fairly heavy, only happened once and didn’t come back. Couldn’t put it on a lift because Houston had a terrible storm and shop lost power.
Did you end up getting this resolved ?

I just ordered eu5 injectors and b58 elders and I’m hoping it all goes smoothly.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:55 AM   #33
MotoGPWannaBe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorSinghJohal View Post
Did you end up getting this resolved ?

I just ordered eu5 injectors and b58 elders and I’m hoping it all goes smoothly.
I’m planning to scan and log on Saturday if nothing else comes up and I’ll let you know. The only change we’ve made so far is clearing codes and adaptation reset. Still stalls on hard decal to a stop intermittently.
Appreciate 0