proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-09-2024, 09:06 AM   #1
schlichtm3
Driver
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition 2019

MHD Tune - Help back to Stock and German TÜV

Now I have a problem, because I can no longer get an TÜV here in Germany.
As both BMW and an independent garage have told and shown me that the new TÜV device, that the new TÜV device directly indicates via OBD that an engine tuning is installed (like the Smog Inspections in California) and have therefore canceled the further examination.

I have now completely uninstalled MHD to Stock incl. DME Lock.
MHD also shows that the DME is blocked again and also has cold start etc. again. So everything is actually back to OEM Status.

However, when I now read out my F82 via ISTA+ C,
It still shown that an engine tuning (ABL error code: S0777) is on my M4.

The checksums (CVN code) probably don't match and then reports the "Tune"?

Before I drive it to the TÜV again, I wanted to ask if anyone here knows the problem and possibly has a solution?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2024, 11:21 AM   #2
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Blue M4CS

Do you know if the reloaded map was your original backed up map or was it a generic map supplied by MHD from another vehicle. The CVN and CalID have to match if they are following the Comifornia way. If there's a mismatch it will give an error.

If not, your last resort is visiting your BMW dealer and have dealer reflash DME in order to receive TUV approval, but you will run the risk of DME being locked. Good luck man.
ARM DP's/Resonated Mid-pipe | SPL links | Hotchkis bars | JRZ RS2/camber plates | K&N | Koyorad HX | Powerflex purple | Rouge | Spiegler | Speed Eng. snorkel | Vargas CBC/hub | Wagner IC | xHP | Xpel stealth ppf
Appreciate 2
      05-09-2024, 03:56 PM   #3
jaylazy2020
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 Comp

I was worried about passing as well with the obd connected but it was just a matter off getting the cats warm enough and I passed.
Appreciate 0