R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

05-09-2024, 04:42 PM   #1
dzxy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

For those of you with rear camber arm (LCA) with broken tab for eccentric washer...

If you're fine with running max neg. camber in the back (in my case, ~2.5 deg with eibach lowering springs), you don't need the tab. Just set both arms (if either arm has the broken tab, or even if both) at max. negative camber and they will likely be very close. Just got an alignment done and my pre-alignment results were -2.6 deg on the broken tab side, and -2.5 on the good side. This was with me adjusting max negative camber in my driveway and eyeballing it.

The above would only hold true if you have aftermarket adjustable toe arms to achieve your target toe.

Save your money (~$400CAD + tax) and forget about buying a new LCA. Having one or no tabs on one camber arm will not prevent you from setting to max negative camber. If I knew this I would have just ran the car with max negative camber in the rear. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0