Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-05-2016, 02:20 PM   #221
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

Out of interest when you are doing these insurance quotes what are you putting as the value of the car?

The Tony price or the RRP of the configurator?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 02:20 PM   #222
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible SS/SS

Garage List
Apparently, my car was born today!! It's all ready for shipping to the dealers

Does anybody know if we get advised any shipping details so we can follow it on marine traffic?
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #223
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Out of interest when you are doing these insurance quotes what are you putting as the value of the car?

Try two quotes, with the lower and higher price. I've found it usually doesn't make any difference ( with my insurer anyway) as it is just shown on the policy doc as "market value".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawHammer View Post

Does anybody know if we get advised any shipping details so we can follow it on marine traffic?
Good news matey. getting exciting now.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 2
      04-05-2016, 02:35 PM   #224
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:

Some good info on here:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1181156

It's american based but the ship tracking will be the same if you can find out if it left port then look for the ships that left and track that I guess?
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2016, 02:38 PM   #225
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawHammer

I haven't managed to track mine. The dealer has been good at keeping me up to speed though.
Nipping in tomorrow as they have made up some plates for me so I can transfer my reg over. Hopefully it will be in the country and on its way by now.
      04-05-2016, 02:40 PM   #226
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Thanks guys. Yes, it's becoming very real now. Strange to think there is a real life M4 built just for me somewhere in Germany. This has been years in the planning. Should get the car the week before the big 4 0
Appreciate 3
      04-05-2016, 02:43 PM   #227
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks guys. Yes, it's becoming very real now. Strange to think there is a real life M4 built just for me somewhere in Germany. This has been years in the planning. Should get the car the week before the big 4 0
Desperate for mine to be here for next Wednesday as it is my 25th anniversary and so want to take Mrs W out to dinner in our new M4.
      04-05-2016, 02:44 PM   #228
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by washy
Quote:
Desperate for mine to be here for next Wednesday as it is my 25th anniversary and so want to take Mrs W out to dinner in our new M4.
Congrats Mr and Mrs Washy. Fingers crossed it arrives in time for you
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2016, 02:45 PM   #229
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by washy
Quote:
Congrats Mr and Mrs Washy. Fingers crossed it arrives in time for you
My dealer is trying to make it happen
      04-05-2016, 02:50 PM   #230
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:

No you need to check with dealer when it hits the port then at sea status and check your ships then.

Loads of great threads on this and it's a bit of geeky fun.
      04-05-2016, 02:58 PM   #231
Karlj
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Fiat Multipla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post

I've tried both, but from phoning about today it seems the sticking point is all insurance companies want a license held for 6+ years if under 30 w/ a 'performance car', and most stipulate at least 2 years of running previous performance car(s). Since I've only had the 330d since last summer it doesn't count unfortunately. The Golf GTI before that isn't considered a perform vehicle.

A-Plan get back to me tomorrow, although they said prepare for at least £6k p/a... Thanks for suggestions so far though chaps.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 03:00 PM   #232
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlj View Post
I've tried both, but from phoning about today it seems the sticking point is all insurance companies want a license held for 6+ years if under 30 w/ a 'performance car', and most stipulate at least 2 years of running previous performance car(s). Since I've only had the 330d since last summer it doesn't count unfortunately. The Golf GTI before that isn't considered a perform vehicle.

A-Plan get back to me tomorrow, although they said prepare for at least £6k p/a... Thanks for suggestions so far though chaps.
2 years experience of running a performance car? Not heard of that one before.

How do they categorise a 'performance car'? High group I suppose.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 03:06 PM   #233
Karlj
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
2 years experience of running a performance car? Not heard of that one before.

How do they categorise a 'performance car'? High group I suppose.
I believe its group 45 and above. Strangely, Parkers list the M4 as Group 42, and the 330d as 41. So you'd think there wouldn't be that much of a sodding difference.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 03:07 PM   #234
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep

So I have been messing around on the shipping schedules..... Mrs asked what I was doing. I said, Don't ask.... She said car........

Anyway

9605 Port of exit =
9620 At Sea =

Find out what stage your cars is at and at what date/time

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live...ned_Movements/

This shows the boats due into Southampton from Bremerhaven.

Then you can find your boat on here

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...tery:51/zoom:6

Might work might not good fun though.

Last edited by ajfoggy; 04-05-2016 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 03:35 PM   #235
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:

Congrats!!! You're about 4 days behind me. Mine just says in transit at moment. Will let you know anything else as you'll be a few days behind.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 03:45 PM   #236
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Can't you say that they were modified? They can't check on that. You could get a good 300+bhp out of GTI and you could say 350bhp ish on 330d with mods.

I actually got asked this by Adrian Flux. I said my existing car was merely a humble 335d but I had an MSA Race International B licence and had raced GT4 cars (along with racing other series for last 9 years). She said that makes no difference. Has to apply to road cars...... Put the phone down.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2016, 04:12 PM   #237
Karlj
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
Can't you say that they were modified? They can't check on that. You could get a good 300+bhp out of GTI and you could say 350bhp ish on 330d with mods.

I actually got asked this by Adrian Flux. I said my existing car was merely a humble 335d but I had an MSA Race International B licence and had raced GT4 cars (along with racing other series for last 9 years). She said that makes no difference. Has to apply to road cars...... Put the phone down.
Bang on the money Guy, they really don't care about anything that hasn't been on your driveway. I did try that with regards to power mods, but everyone just said it 'didn't count' because they have their own internal lists of "performance vehicles".

The OH mentioned BMW's own insurance, but I very much doubt they'd be able to do any different seeing as they're just acting as a middle man to Allianz?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 04:15 PM   #238
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Bang on the money Guy, they really don't care about anything that hasn't been on your driveway. I did try that with regards to power mods, but everyone just said it 'didn't count' because they have their own internal lists of "performance vehicles".

The OH mentioned BMW's own insurance, but I very much doubt they'd be able to do any different seeing as they're just acting as a middle man to Allianz?
So can you quote who you've tried so we can all help and suggest someone?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 04:25 PM   #239
Karlj
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So can you quote who you've tried so we can all help and suggest someone?
That'd be great, here's the list from today:

Admiral: Without past experience on a 'performance road car' they're waiting until I've got a few liver spots to offer insurance.
Churchill: Happy to insure a stock M4, just not with any options like sliding armrest, M-DCT (both of these alone void the insurance. seriously.) etc.
Aviva: Required 3 years experience on a group 45+ car; they rate the 330d as 46, but since I've only been driving it since August it counts for nothing.
Insure Wiser:Will insure for £11k, no need to declare options/modifications etc.
A-Plan: still waiting to hear back with definitive quote, but expect it to be in the 5-8k range.
LV: Not interested because of the performance jump from a 330d to an M4.
Direct Line: Wouldn't even insure me on 330d.

So in summary, the only quote when being a good boy and declaring all options (as factory fitted) is £10,983.

I definitely don't want to run the legal risk of going with the circa £1k quote from Churchill on a 'stock' M4 without options, but its mighty tempting at this point.

Edit: I should also add, comparethemuggers only offers one quote from Insure Wiser when options listed properly.

Last edited by Karlj; 04-05-2016 at 04:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 04:26 PM   #240
ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex
Quote:

Congrats!!! You're about 4 days behind me. Mine just says in transit at moment. Will let you know anything else as you'll be a few days behind.
Maybe they'll get shipped together? Surely they can't be shipping more than a couple times each week :
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 04:32 PM   #241
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
That'd be great, here's the list from today:

Admiral: Without past experience on a 'performance road car' they're waiting until I've got a few liver spots to offer insurance.
Churchill: Happy to insure a stock M4, just not with any options like sliding armrest, M-DCT (both of these alone void the insurance. seriously.) etc.
Aviva: Required 3 years experience on a group 45+ car; they rate the 330d as 46, but since I've only been driving it since August it counts for nothing.
Insure Wiser:Will insure for £11k, no need to declare options/modifications etc.
A-Plan: still waiting to hear back with definitive quote, but expect it to be in the 5-8k range.
LV: Not interested because of the performance jump from a 330d to an M4.
Direct Line: Wouldn't even insure me on 330d.

So in summary, the only quote when being a good boy and declaring all options (as factory fitted) is £10,983.

I definitely don't want to run the legal risk of going with the circa £1k quote from Churchill on a 'stock' M4 without options, but its mighty tempting at this point.

Edit: I should also add, comparethemuggers only offers one quote from Insure Wiser when options listed properly.
Have you tried just doing Admiral on-line?
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2016, 04:37 PM   #242
Karlj
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Have you tried just doing Admiral on-line?
I just had a quick go, it definitely seems to be an age issue with them, if I set my DOB to one year prior they come back with a completely reasonable £1,200. Thanks for the suggestions though.
Appreciate 0