proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

11-07-2023, 06:54 AM   #2949
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sporty View Post
I don't trust anyone who shifts an automatic like that at 0:22.
LOL, like he thinks he's plucking some kind of musical instrument
Appreciate 3
Rokoz299.50
Kilabyte3957.50
      11-07-2023, 07:55 AM   #2950
HotRodM4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Benefit of the doubt, it’s for YouTube 😂 gotta be a bit eccentric to keep audience retention!
      11-07-2023, 08:12 AM   #2951
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
lmfao these exhaust videos are getting wild. and they all sound the same. its crazy how many vendors come and go offering the same shit and people think its some godly mod to make the s55 sound different.
Appreciate 1
2sporty253.50
      11-07-2023, 03:00 PM   #2952
regpaq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by greysea View Post
Didnt that one guy regpaq that went to thunder hill with you have the valvetronic exhaust? I watched his youtube of installing it. Think I saw his name in your thunder hill thread.

I cant remember though if he had the titanium version…

Videos never do true justice for sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
lmfao these exhaust videos are getting wild. and they all sound the same. its crazy how many vendors come and go offering the same shit and people think its some godly mod to make the s55 sound different.
I have the stainless steel paired with stock downpipes. It's true that the sound in a video is not going to sound the same as in real life due to mic hardware/software, positioning, and editing. But I love mine. Sounds deep like a single midpipe in low rpm and sings like an equal length above 5.5k rpm or so.

and tbf, the exhaust setup does make a huge difference to sound. TractionControlDelete's car vs mine sounded way different
      05-13-2024, 10:18 PM   #2953
Tim_M56
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 SSII/SO 6SPD

Wanted to update this thread with a post from Instagram. I've seen posts from Reggie on Instagram before and liked what he's done with his Equal-Length midpipe. He's done something I've been thinking of for years now, of combining the exhaust into a single pipe after the EQL midpipe, and it comes out sounding very interesting/unique. I've been thinking of doing the same thing, curious though since I have stock downpipes still on my M4.

https://www.instagram.com/reggiemahs...l/C6w75vGvEMc/
      05-14-2024, 07:20 PM   #2954
Valvetronic Designs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: We <3 them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyM56 View Post
Wanted to update this thread with a post from Instagram. I've seen posts from Reggie on Instagram before and liked what he's done with his Equal-Length midpipe. He's done something I've been thinking of for years now, of combining the exhaust into a single pipe after the EQL midpipe, and it comes out sounding very interesting/unique. I've been thinking of doing the same thing, curious though since I have stock downpipes still on my M4.

https://www.instagram.com/reggiemahs...l/C6w75vGvEMc/
We do offer our equal-length exhaust as equal length combining into single mid-pipe. It's the best sound experience for the dual turbo S55!

https://valvetronic.com/products/bmw...1564e28f&_ss=r
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2024, 02:24 PM   #2955
domacuratl
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I became obsessed after hearing this exhaust for the first time literally a few days ago. None of the other exhaust systems ever caught my ear and i stopped searching a long time ago. After talking to a few people; I finally pulled the trigger. Let's gooooooo!
Appreciate 2
      05-31-2024, 06:41 PM   #2956
boogiePls
Rep

Had my valvetronic equal length for a couple weeks now. To sum it up in one word; Intoxicating. Can't get enough of that sound! And it's actually even quieter than stock ZCP with valves closed. Not uncommon to have random people pull next to me just to compliment the sound. If you are on the fence on getting one DO IT lol.

Thanks McIntoshMotorSports for the hookup!
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2024, 08:30 PM   #2957
McIntoshMotorSports
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80M3

Garage List
2016 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiePls View Post
Had my valvetronic equal length for a couple weeks now. To sum it up in one word; Intoxicating. Can't get enough of that sound! And it's actually even quieter than stock ZCP with valves closed. Not uncommon to have random people pull next to me just to compliment the sound. If you are on the fence on getting one DO IT lol.

Anytime brotha!

Enjoy!!
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2024, 02:57 AM   #2958
domacuratl
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiePls View Post

Awesome!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2024, 10:55 PM   #2959
WarMachineM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I love mine's. I have the Valvetronics titanium equal length V2 and sounds smooth and deep with the stock downpipes, but with high flow cats, it sounds even more amazing.

On my stage 2 custom tune and E30-E40, it unleashes such a smooth, aggressive, and loud, high pitched sound at WOT. In the lower RPM range you'll hear hints of the single. Sounds beastly.

On my GTS tune, it sounds more like the single, but screams like an equal length at WOT. I think the GTS tune makes any exhaust sound deeper and more aggressive, but amplifies it more with the V2 system.

The burn't titanium looks really good too.
You can certainly avoid that 2k rasp with adjusting your driving style at the lower rpm's. The stock downpipe's hides the 2k rasp really good, but I missed the volume and aggressiveness of the 200 cell (Evolution Racewerks), I re-installed them. Now my F80 sounds more like a racecar.
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2024, 12:27 PM   #2960
domacuratl
Private
Rep

I literally got the Valvetronic Design BMW F8x M3/M4 Valved Sport Exhaust System with the carbon fiber tips installed today. Oh, man let me tell you all my initial impression on start up I was like oh yeah it sounds so much better and deeper and with the valves open you can definitely hear the turbos when letting off the gas pedal. I will admit it is loud with the valves open but it is a raw sound. I had a few people breaking their necks when I went flying by them in my downtown area. I feel like this exhaust is really gonna get me in trouble. I was in 3rd gear on my way home and when I started climbing above 4k rpm I wanted to stay in it to hear that exhaust symphony sing but then I looked at the heads up display and realized I doing 100mph in a 45...lol. This exhaust gives me a reason to play with the paddle shifters more now especially for the downshifts. I love it!
Appreciate 4