Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

07-02-2021, 04:40 PM   #9087
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
@Sedan_Clan unfortunate update - no aerokit but yes sport design.

So having to go with http://www.porsche-code.com/PNTN3WN3

Still like how this looks. Will I miss the wing? Yeah, probably now that I came around to it, but I was originally okay with out. As for look back appeal the base body not so much, but the sport design package I think I will with the Spyders.
I'm sure you could retrofit the rear wing. Spare Aerokit parts will be available at the dealer
      07-02-2021, 05:06 PM   #9088
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Quote:

Still like how this looks. Will I miss the wing? Yeah, probably now that I came around to it, but I was originally okay with out. As for look back appeal the base body not so much, but the sport design package I think I will with the Spyders.
I'm sure you could retrofit the rear wing. Spare Aerokit parts will be available at the dealer
I would be surprised if you can't but considering how different it looks, it maybe a hassle to do so.

But Suncoast will probably have the ability to order it.
Sedan_Clan25297.00
      07-02-2021, 05:09 PM   #9089
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I would be surprised if you can't but considering how different it looks, it maybe a hassle to do so.

But Suncoast will probably have the ability to order it.
I shot them an email. I'm certain I would need the wing and decklid slats/engine cover.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 05:53 PM   #9090
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I shot them an email. I'm certain I would need the wing and decklid slats/engine cover.
Rear spoiler motor will have to go most likely.
      07-02-2021, 05:55 PM   #9091
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Rear spoiler motor will have to go.
That should be easily to remove, right?!!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 05:56 PM   #9092
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

Quote:
Got some good news (I think). The sales person says they called PCNA and we're able to squeeze in the aerokit and the system let them add it to my build (I don't know how they did this or how it all works). I then talked to PCNA rep directly and they see it on the system and that it's V200 with PC AG. We should know by tomorrow morning if it took. Fingers crossed!
Congrats man! That's fucking awesome!!!
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25297.00
      07-02-2021, 05:58 PM   #9093
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
Quote:
Got some good news (I think). The sales person says they called PCNA and we're able to squeeze in the aerokit and the system let them add it to my build (I don't know how they did this or how it all works). I then talked to PCNA rep directly and they see it on the system and that it's V200 with PC AG. We should know by tomorrow morning if it took. Fingers crossed!
Congrats man! That's fucking awesome!!!
It all went bad. No AeroKit! I'm likely losing mine as well.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134947.00
      07-02-2021, 05:59 PM   #9094
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Awwww man.... So bummed for you guys. But see that you are trying to figure out sourcing the rear wing. Please share if you're able to find out what it all entails as I'm interested in adding it to mine too.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25297.00
      07-02-2021, 06:03 PM   #9095
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
Quote:
Awwww man.... So bummed for you guys. But see that you are trying to figure out sourcing the rear wing. Please share if you're able to find out what it all entails as I'm interested in adding it to mine too.
For sure! I'll post the part numbers and what it entails here in this thread and on Thescout13 's thread on Rennlist.
Appreciate 2
AlterZgo1537.50
Thescout134947.00
      07-02-2021, 06:40 PM   #9096
pbar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 992 GTS, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Oh man, what an awful thing to happen when you've spec'd up your dream car!

Did anybody get to the bottom of the reason for the stop order? I mean, they can't blame this on "chip shortage", so maybe there's some sort of safety issue where the wings are falling off on the autobahn at 180mph!
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25297.00
      07-02-2021, 06:47 PM   #9097
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbar View Post
Did anybody get to the bottom of the reason for the stop order? I mean, they can't blame this on "chip shortage", so maybe there's some sort of safety issue where the wings are falling off on the autobahn at 180mph!
I don’t think it’s the chip shortage… perhaps just parts shortage in general… or it could just be Porsche being Porsche. I think with the literally millions of ways their cars can be spec’d, they do arbitrary things like end certain options and colors in the middle of a model year. They did this in 2021 so I couldn’t spec the aerokit on my build and they’ve also done stuff like discontinue certain colors like midnight blue or limit it’s availability to just until the beginning of July.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 06:48 PM   #9098
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbar View Post
Quote:
Oh man, what an awful thing to happen when you've spec'd up your dream car!

That's how I'm feeling, and unfortunately I kind of feel like Porsche has me by the balls on this one. I sold my M4 (…which was my perfect spec) in order to obtain my perfectly specced 992. The AeroKit is a big part of the aesthetic I was going for. Not being able to get exactly what I want, Porsche or not, will leave me less than satisfied……even if only slightly.

To my knowledge this is purely a parts/logistical issue, hence the 8 week back order. I suppose I could wait and take a September allocation in hopes that the AeroKit will be available as of 9/1 since the factory will be in operation again.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 06:54 PM   #9099
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

I mean…I'm on record that it's not a bad thing that you guys can't get the aerokit as I feel the car looks better without it, but this is teh suck. Ordering from Suncoast is an option, but from my personal experience ordering the same accessory post-delivery is like 2-2.5x the price
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25297.00
      07-02-2021, 06:55 PM   #9100
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's how I'm feeling, and unfortunately I kind of feel like Porsche has me by the balls on this one. I sold my M4 (…which was my perfect spec) in order to obtain my perfectly specced 992. The AeroKit is a big part of the aesthetic I was going for. Not being able to get exactly what I want, Porsche or not, will leave me less than satisfied……even if only slightly.

To my knowledge this is purely a parts/logistical issue, hence the 8 week back order.
Should try to ask your dealership directly to see if they can actually order it separately. If they push it hard enough, maybe they will be able to get the aerokit parts and just install them after the car is received.

A lot of Porsche dealerships are actually oddly willing to do certain stuff like that from what I can tell. So long as it is "official" Porsche stuff.

Hell, Porsche even made Manthey Racing officially Porsche OEM so they can beat the Black Series GT-R time on the ring lol. I'd wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason why Porsche also made the Cayenne Turbo GT is to beat the Audi SUV record on the ring, cuz why not. Because lets be honest here, who really needs a suped up Cayenne with a slightly modded V8 with a lot of alcantara?
Thescout134947.00
Sedan_Clan25297.00
irunalot1518.00
GrussGott18207.50
      07-02-2021, 07:07 PM   #9101
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Quote:

To my knowledge this is purely a parts/logistical issue, hence the 8 week back order.
Should try to ask your dealership directly to see if they can actually order it separately. If they push it hard enough, maybe they will be able to get the aerokit parts and just install them after the car is received.

A lot of Porsche dealerships are actually oddly willing to do certain stuff like that from what I can tell. So long as it is "official" Porsche stuff.

Hell, Porsche even made Manthey Racing officially Porsche OEM so they can beat the Black Series GT-R time on the ring lol. I'd wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason why Porsche also made the Cayenne Turbo GT is to beat the Audi SUV record on the ring, cuz why not. Because lets be honest here, who really needs a suped up Cayenne with a slightly modded V8 with a lot of alcantara?
Once I hear back from Sedan on his inquiry into the cost/process I may try and float this by the dealer and see if they'd be willing to do that. Maybe not for free obviously, but just if they would be able to do it at all.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25297.00
Arcades8234.00
      07-02-2021, 07:08 PM   #9102
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That's a great suggestion. If my S/A comes back with the official answer from PCAG that it's a no-go on AeroKit, that'll be my next request.
Appreciate 1
Arcades8234.00
      07-02-2021, 07:08 PM   #9103
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Hell, Porsche even made Manthey Racing officially Porsche OEM so they can beat the Black Series GT-R time on the ring lol. I'd wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason why Porsche also made the Cayenne Turbo GT is to beat the Audi SUV record on the ring, cuz why not.
I saw that, Porsche has definitely always been competitive especially when it comes to the ring, and as of late with MB whether it be the GT4D vs Panamera or GT-BS vs 911. AMG even posted a pretty funny congrats on instagram.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Arcades8234.00
clutchdj1909.00
      07-02-2021, 07:57 PM   #9104
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's a great suggestion. If my S/A comes back with the official answer from PCAG that it's a no-go on AeroKit, that'll be my next request.
That is honestly your best bet aside from asking Suncoast.

When I first started, my CA at that time told me about Manthley Racing bits already and I had, at that point, 0 clue what they were.

It was only after that I started finding out they were aftermarket company that specializes with modding Porsches. This was back in.... 2017.

If the issue is just Porsche is unable to make all of them, then that is another problem but I'd honestly be more surprised if you weren't able to get the kit eventually regardless if you can or cannot put it on your build atm.
Sedan_Clan25297.00
      07-02-2021, 08:10 PM   #9105
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That is honestly your best bet aside from asking Suncoast.

When I first started, my CA at that time told me about Manthley Racing bits already and I had, at that point, 0 clue what they were.

It was only after that I started finding out they were aftermarket company that specializes with modding Porsches. This was back in.... 2017.

If the issue is just Porsche is unable to make all of them, then that is another problem but I'd honestly be more surprised if you weren't able to get the kit eventually regardless if you can or cannot put it on your build atm.
I suppose I should just be happy that the Sport Design kit is still being offered. Absent that, I would wait on my car. That would be a deal breaker for me.
Appreciate 1
Arcades8234.00
      07-02-2021, 08:16 PM   #9106
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I suppose I should just be happy that the Sport Design kit is still being offered. Absent that, I would wait on my car. That would be a deal breaker for me.
It's too bad you can't push your build up early to assure you get it.

Maybe the GTS is the way although I don't remember atm if it is 6speed or not on those cars.
Sedan_Clan25297.00
      07-02-2021, 08:48 PM   #9107
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It's too bad you can't push your build up early to assure you get it.

Maybe the GTS is the way although I don't remember atm if it is 6speed or not on those cars.
That would be nice if somebody bailed on their June allocation and I was able to slide into their spot.

The GTS has the stop sale too.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 09:06 PM   #9108
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
After a couple more days of driving around, young people seem to be enamored with the G82. For my F82s everybody loved those cars, but this one is receiving a ton of attention from younger people. I'd say mid twenties and lower. Passed a few teenage skateboarders last night with one jumping up and down while pointing. All three stopped what they were doing to look while I gave them a honk and a zing zing.

Is BMWs marketing campaign working as intended? It seems they're trying to grab the attention of younger people and with a small sample size thus far, they still seem to be the only age group that knows what the car is. LOTS of weird looks still from BMW owners and older folks. It's a odd dichotomy of reactions so far, the car is proving to be 100% polarizing as I figured.
So what's next for you? Planning to vote for Kamala in the next election?
Appreciate 2
NickyC17683.00
dmk087318.00