European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

11-22-2016, 03:00 AM   #89
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

You should make it so we can vote
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 08:42 AM   #90
Azathoth
Rep
Drives: SB M4

How much time do you spend driving at night on country roads? This time of year almost all my driving is at night, and about 50% on unlighted country roads. I'd give up full leather and keep my LEDs. I haven't even coded adaptive yet. After years of dim headlights they are just great. I went through all sorts of bs on my old truck and got no improvement, and the lights on my 2014 Passat were no better. Look at how you will be using the car. If it's daytime, fair weather 50% of the time or more, easy choice for leather.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 09:02 AM   #91
///Mongo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Coupe

Get the LEDs.

I was highly skeptical at first, but now I couldn't live without them. The anti-dazzle feature is awesome.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 09:48 AM   #92
Luckydog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MY17 YMB over SSII w/ZCP

I have the adaptive on my current 435. I just ordered the cable and am going to code the fully adaptive and see how it is. I do drive on roads where it is useful. I think the biggest thing is while I have seen it in person, I have not lived with the full leather so it may not cut as deep if I dont get. I have lived with the LED's for the past few years and really like the look and implementation so it may feel like a bit of a "step back".
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 10:39 AM   #93
Shadopadla
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

It sounds like you've decided already but wanted support for your decision and were surprised about the feedback. It's not that surprising many choose full leather, as LED is a contested topic putting it mildly with many arguing for/ against. Full leather vs extended doesn't seem to have as much debate, but I may have missed those threads...
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 10:48 AM   #94
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadopadla View Post
It sounds like you've decided already but wanted support for your decision and were surprised about the feedback. It's not that surprising many choose full leather, as LED is a contested topic putting it mildly with many arguing for/ against. Full leather vs extended doesn't seem to have as much debate, but I may have missed those threads...
As is with most of these "What should I choose?" threads. People should just get what they know they want instead of seeking opinions from others who may not value the same things.
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321131.50
      11-22-2016, 11:22 AM   #95
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
As is with most of these "What should I choose?" threads. People should just get what they know they want instead of seeking opinions from others who may not value the same things.
I generally agree, unless they result in the notification of issues or malfunction about which the OP may have been unaware. For example, he may deep down really want the LEDs, but if the responses here were a resounding "no," due to poor function or value based on real word feedback (hypothetically). Then these threads are useful.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 11:32 AM   #96
Luckydog
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson6594 View Post
I generally agree, unless they result in the notification of issues or malfunction about which the OP may have been unaware. For example, he may deep down really want the LEDs, but if the responses here were a resounding "no," due to poor function or value based on real word feedback (hypothetically). Then these threads are useful.
EXACTLY! For example, I love my LED adaptive lights, but had no idea until i got on this forum and in this thread that I do not have the full functionality of the lights without coding in North America.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 11:41 AM   #97
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydog View Post
EXACTLY! For example, I love my LED adaptive lights, but had no idea until i got on this forum and in this thread that I do not have the full functionality of the lights without coding in North America.
...but you already said in the post above that you felt like the xenons would be a "step back" and you really liked the implementation of the LED's having lived with them for the last few years. You already had a preference (...and you had already seen Full Leather and it didn't strike you). You had your answer already. That's all that I was saying.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 12:33 PM   #98
Luckydog
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
...but you already said in the post above that you felt like the xenons would be a "step back" and you really liked the implementation of the LED's having lived with them for the last few years. You already had a preference (...and you had already seen Full Leather and it didn't strike you). You had your answer already. That's all that I was saying.
I hear you and agree I have a preference for the LED. Being my first M, I'm really trying to validate I dont devalue the car. For example if a huge percentage of M3's have full leather, it might devalue a sale later on without leather. Or perhaps people would say the leather is a pain to take care of and make the choice easier. I 100% agree I have a preference for the LED, but want to make sure I'm not missing something that more experienced owners might know.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 12:35 PM   #99
Shadopadla
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson6594 View Post
Quote:
Agreed. And realizing that the OP didn't have full functionality without coding of the LED headlights is certainly a value add in my book.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 12:37 PM   #100
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
I hear you and agree I have a preference for the LED. Being my first M, I'm really trying to validate I dont devalue the car. For example if a huge percentage of M3's have full leather, it might devalue a sale later on without leather. Or perhaps people would say the leather is a pain to take care of and make the choice easier. I 100% agree I have a preference for the LED, but want to make sure I'm not missing something that more experienced owners might know.
Understood.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 01:46 PM   #101
yaymitch
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

Quote:
I would think if you're considering resale value that LEDs would bring more value than full leather. Many people have extended leather and don't know the difference especially if they are not on this forum, those of us on these BMW forums are in the minority of BMW owners. The M3/M4's that I've seen in dealer inventory are mostly ones with extended leather.
      11-22-2016, 01:48 PM   #102
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaymitch View Post
I would think if you're considering resale value that LEDs would bring more value than full leather. Many people have extended leather and don't know the difference especially if they are not on this forum, those of us on these BMW forums are in the minority of BMW owners. The M3/M4's that I've seen in dealer inventory are mostly ones with extended leather.
The same applies across board the though. People who aren't BMW aficionados and who don't hang out on forums aren't going to put that much weight into LED's vs Xenon's either. Buying these cars with resale in mind is really a silly approach. An LED equipped car will fetch the same amount of money on the used market as a car equipped with Xenon's (...assuming they are comparably optioned and in similar condition). You're not going to net thousands more on the used market because of some LED lights. The same applies to a Full Leather car versus one without it. If nothing else, color, mileage and condition will weigh more heavily on the used market than minor options.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 02:12 PM   #103
Luckydog
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The same applies across board the though. People who aren't BMW aficionados and who don't hang out on forums aren't going to put that much weight into LED's vs Xenon's either. Buying these cars with resale in mind is really a silly approach. An LED equipped car will fetch the same amount of money on the used market as a car equipped with Xenon's (...assuming they are comparably optioned and in similar condition). You're not going to net thousands more on the used market because of some LED lights. The same applies to a Full Leather car versus one without it. If nothing else, color, mileage and condition will weigh more heavily on the used market than minor options.
Resale is just part of the equation, but a good one to know. I have been extremely light on mileage and great on condition for my last 3 non-M BMW's so that is less of a concern for me. I don't think understanding the value of an expensive purchase is an unusual thing. And while people on this forum may disagree, somethings DO seem to devalue the car. For example, I've been told by a number of people that a Moonroof is frowned upon by the secondary market. (I dont want one, my wife does. I will not be getting one). If this is true, and not sure it is, a $0 option could potentially devalue the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 02:15 PM   #104
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Resale is just part of the equation, but a good one to know. I have been extremely light on mileage and great on condition for my last 3 non-M BMW's so that is less of a concern for me. I don't think understanding the value of an expensive purchase is an unusual thing. And while people on this forum may disagree, somethings DO seem to devalue the car. For example, I've been told by a number of people that a Moonroof is frowned upon by the secondary market. (I dont want one, my wife does. I will not be getting one). If this is true, and not sure it is, a $0 option could potentially devalue the car.
It's not necessarily true as all markets (..and demographics of a particular market) aren't the same. Sure, if we use the microcosm of the forum as a baseline, a moon roof might seem undesirable, but to Joe Businessman who walks into a dealership to purchase a car, not having a moon roof might be a deal breaker. I learned early in my car life that forums are not representative of the real world. We, as enthusiasts, are a very small segment of the overall car buying population. Just look at how "played out" certain Individual colors seem when viewed through a forum lens, but the reality is that all of these Individual colors are rare in the greater scheme of things.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 07:07 AM   #105
Adcampo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by JibSTir13 View Post
Another vote for A.

The interior is where you'll spend almost all your time.

Like others have said, huge upgrade, and takes vehicle to a new level.
+1 - I have both and totally love the full leather. It makes me happy every time in get in to the car. The contrasting sticking looks great. The LED's are really cool, but you only can enjoy them at night. Plus, you have to get the anti dazzle coded to really bring them to life.

Good luck.
      11-24-2016, 09:12 AM   #106
katit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80

To me regular lights in M3 (xenon?) already like day and night (pun intended) comparing to my all previous cars. I don't do lot of driving at night bug I can't see how it csn get any better.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 09:52 AM   #107
///M-er-gized
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i

Full leather. It's not even close.

Every time you drive, you can appreciate the leather.

Plus, Xenon Adaptive Headlights with dynamic auto-leveling are perfectly fine. It's not as if you're stuck with the 320i halogen lighting system.
      11-24-2016, 11:10 AM   #108
Jim B
Wingman
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-er-gized View Post
Full leather. It's not even close.

Every time you drive, you can appreciate the leather.

Plus, Xenon Adaptive Headlights with dynamic auto-leveling are perfectly fine. It's not as if you're stuck with the 320i halogen lighting system.
+1 OP, use the $1900 on something else for your car.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 08:26 PM   #109
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

If I could only have one or the other - I would pick full leather over extended leather (but I also love the LED lights as well)!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 08:30 PM   #110
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Both and no exec pack ftw.
Appreciate 0