Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

09-09-2017, 02:30 AM   #1233
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoDan View Post
Yes please get a map with the burble off!!!

I just got a stage 2 tune installed and the popping crackling sounds so cheesy. I feel like a ricer. It is embarrassing. I may have to put the stock tune back till there is a fix or drive around with a hoodie. lol

The power is great though. Seems like a bit of throttle issues at 2.5k rpm or so in 6th and 7th gear with the dtc. Exhaust note changes from loud to quieter back and forth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
I believe that's the aggressive anti lag system at play. I wish it weren't there either, but that's what comfort mode driving is for!
I don't think he's referring to "farting" noises caused by the anti-lag system. I think he's referring to throttle sensitivity in higher gears.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 07:35 AM   #1234
///MFlight81
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82

I personally love the burbles can't get enough of it great job PTF ?
      09-09-2017, 12:52 PM   #1235
DinoDan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
I don't think he's referring to "farting" noises caused by the anti-lag system. I think he's referring to throttle sensitivity in higher gears.
Throttle sensitivity in 2nd gear is horrible right now when in sport plus. If you give 2nd gear half throttle at 2.5k or above it starts and stops lurching forward violently until you let off the throttle. Anyone else have this problem?

In 6th and seventh if you give it throttle at 2.5K or above it kinda revs up and down making a humming noise(louder to quieter) as you accelerate. Almost like you are giving the car more and less throttle but you are holding the gas pedal steady. Seems like a lot of partial throttle issues with this tune so far. Under full acceleration the tune is great. Regular driving in sport mode no so much. Is there any fixes out for these issues?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 12:57 PM   #1236
DinoDan
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MFlight81 View Post
I personally love the burbles can't get enough of it great job PTF ?
To each their own I guess.
I love the popping and crackling coming from my H/C/I C6Z06 during deceleration. As a matter of fact, all my previously owned V8's sounded good under deceleration. This just sounds manufactured or fake to me. Like there is no reason this engine should be making this noise.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 02:59 PM   #1237
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoDan View Post
Throttle sensitivity in 2nd gear is horrible right now when in sport plus. If you give 2nd gear half throttle at 2.5k or above it starts and stops lurching forward violently until you let off the throttle. Anyone else have this problem?

In 6th and seventh if you give it throttle at 2.5K or above it kinda revs up and down making a humming noise(louder to quieter) as you accelerate. Almost like you are giving the car more and less throttle but you are holding the gas pedal steady. Seems like a lot of partial throttle issues with this tune so far. Under full acceleration the tune is great. Regular driving in sport mode no so much. Is there any fixes out for these issues?
When was the last time you got an update? The throttle sensitivity issue in lower gears (2nd and 3rd) was resolved more than two months ago. Ask for an update if you haven't gotten one in a while.

But the issue in 5th gear and above that you explained with partial throttle (to me its between 3k-4k rpm), I also still have it. Working on it with PTF though, so hopefully a fix will be out soon.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 1
whoop_ass355.00
      09-09-2017, 06:20 PM   #1238
spoonf20c
let me see you become a ///Monster
Philippines
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
Thank you for the exceptional customer service!
You're very welcome. Sorry about the glitch during activation! Its now fixed for good or so we hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonf20c View Post
same map. no changes since i initially got the tune
Definitely try the updated OTS map that's been pushed to your account. Your previous was quite a bit outdated. Let us know if it comes up again after reflash and we can look closer
Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
Thank you for the exceptional customer service!
You're very welcome. Sorry about the glitch during activation! Its now fixed for good or so we hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonf20c View Post
same map. no changes since i initially got the tune
Definitely try the updated OTS map that's been pushed to your account. Your previous was quite a bit outdated. Let us know if it comes up again after reflash and we can look closer
finally got around to flashing the latest stage 2 map and i must say drivability is greatly improved. throttle input is much smoother and power delivery feels like stock plus the extra push. now i just gotta see if that cel comes up again. thanks again ptf!
      09-09-2017, 07:27 PM   #1239
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Got my car back after installing Fuel-It's platinum PI kit, turns out the ethanol analyser is faulty, so I can't tell the potency of the ethanol until I get a good one.

My tuner had tried running the car while on the stage 2 OTS map from PTF and it was not a pleasant ride. After I came to pick it up, we loaded the custom map created for me and it became smooth as hell. Startup is a bit shaky and idle is rough (to be expected, of course) but the car pulls so hard. I'm also very happy in regards to how smooth the car is with bootmod3 acting as a BEF. I prefer the ability to feather the throttle at any RPM without sputtering and I requested that the BEF not feature it. The car drives literally like stock in terms of smoothness, but pulls like a goddamned freight train. After flashing the custom map, my tuner and I went out for a test drive and it boggled me how quickly the car pulled to 140mph. We quickly drove to Mexico to test this out, of course

All in all, I'm happy. Again, astonishing customer service from PTF. Can't wait for upgraded turbos now

Last edited by AhsanU; 09-09-2017 at 07:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 12:49 AM   #1240
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Got my car back after installing Fuel-It's platinum PI kit, turns out the ethanol analyser is faulty, so I can't tell the potency of the ethanol until I get a good one.

My tuner had tried running the car while on the stage 2 OTS map from PTF and it was not a pleasant ride. After I came to pick it up, we loaded the custom map created for me and it became smooth as hell. Startup is a bit shaky and idle is rough (to be expected, of course) but the car pulls so hard. I'm also very happy in regards to how smooth the car is with bootmod3 acting as a BEF. I prefer the ability to feather the throttle at any RPM without sputtering and I requested that the BEF not feature it. The car drives literally like stock in terms of smoothness, but pulls like a goddamned freight train. After flashing the custom map, my tuner and I went out for a test drive and it boggled me how quickly the car pulled to 140mph. We quickly drove to Mexico to test this out, of course

All in all, I'm happy. Again, astonishing customer service from PTF. Can't wait for upgraded turbos now
Congrats and glad that you are happy with the setup.

Just curious to understand though, why is it to be expected that the car is shaky at startup and idles roughly even after the custom tune? why can't it be tuned to idle smoothly?
Appreciate 1
FSociety3816.50
      09-10-2017, 02:06 AM   #1241
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep

Quote:
Congrats and glad that you are happy with the setup.

Just curious to understand though, why is it to be expected that the car is shaky at startup and idles roughly even after the custom tune? why can't it be tuned to idle smoothly?
It's a by product of running full E85 and with cold starts. It was about 12-13°C here in NYC and as the weather drops, the startups will have rough idles when the car is completely cold. I'll check back in tomorrow to see how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 12:25 PM   #1242
DinoDan
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
When was the last time you got an update? The throttle sensitivity issue in lower gears (2nd and 3rd) was resolved more than two months ago. Ask for an update if you haven't gotten one in a while.

But the issue in 5th gear and above that you explained with partial throttle (to me its between 3k-4k rpm), I also still have it. Working on it with PTF though, so hopefully a fix will be out soon.
Thanks for the feedback. I just got the tune installed last week by a local vender here in the Bay Area. So I would think or hope it has all the updates. Yeah my car does what you are talking about between 3K-4K too. But it also does it down at 2.5K. It is in the same spot as lower gears but does not effect the car as drastically as in 2nd gear. Ill check to make sure I have the latest. Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 07:39 PM   #1243
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
It's a by product of running full E85 and with cold starts. It was about 12-13°C here in NYC and as the weather drops, the startups will have rough idles when the car is completely cold. I'll check back in tomorrow to see how it goes.
Thanks for the clarification. No personal experience with E85, you learn something everyday
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 10:10 PM   #1244
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. No personal experience with E85, you learn something everyday
I started my car this afternoon, not a single hiccup!

We'll have to test it in about 2 months when the temps dip to 45°F/7.5°C

After driving it though, it would appear as if the GTS burbles aren't quite as loud or prominent.. could something be affecting the way the burbles sound with bootmod3 acting as a BEF? I might request the loud burbles just to see if it makes a difference..
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 10:40 PM   #1245
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 YMB

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [9.00]
CaryTheLabelGuy What ethanol percentage are you up to with the E30 OTS BM3 map?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 11:15 AM   #1246
liquidshadow22
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Any plans for a qualified installer in the DFW Texas area?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 02:06 PM   #1247
AGM_m3f80
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80 Austin yellow

Unfortunately I don't have any access to E85 in my area .I have Aquamist meth system installed already and thinking to add fuel it direct port meth injection kit but I'm not sure if it's compatible with the Aquamist kit ??

Anyone tried BM3 custom tuning for direct port meth injection DPMI ??
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 12:14 AM   #1248
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidshadow22 View Post
Any plans for a qualified installer in the DFW Texas area?
It's crazy that they would have 6 vendors in CA where things are very strict but no vendors in TX where it's relatively relaxed (at least compared to Cali). I wish someone would hurry up and figure out how to do this without having to take the car apart.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 12:41 AM   #1249
liquidshadow22
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoDivine View Post
It's crazy that they would have 6 vendors in CA where things are very strict but no vendors in TX where it's relatively relaxed (at least compared to Cali). I wish someone would hurry up and figure out how to do this without having to take the car apart.
Couldn't agree more.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 12:44 AM   #1250
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidshadow22 View Post
Couldn't agree more.
I'm not quite sure it's as simple as PTF simply choosing a shop to support your car in your area.

Pulling apart the DME, then carefully hacking it and being able to do the entire process is actually rather difficult based on what I've seen. While I can't say for sure, it might be more-so an issue with locating a shop that is completely capable of doing it in your specific area, than PTF simply not wanting to support it. You have to understand that they're probably very meticulous when it comes down to choosing shops that can do it as if things go bad, you're likely out of a few thousand dollars and explaining to BMW why you need another DME.

You could also mail in your DME if you're willing to go without your car for a little while. I'm not sure about the turn-around time, but you could get a shop to pull apart the DME, ship it to PTF after paying for a bootmod3 license, then receive it back from PTF, have the shop install it again, and boom! You've got bootmod3. This is likely the least preferred method, but if you're wanting the juicy goodness that is bootmod3 - you might have to do this

I can't imagine it takes PTF more than a day to actually unlock the DME, you're waiting for shipping more than anything else.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 03:31 AM   #1251
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not quite sure it's as simple as PTF simply choosing a shop to support your car in your area.

Pulling apart the DME, then carefully hacking it and being able to do the entire process is actually rather difficult based on what I've seen. While I can't say for sure, it might be more-so an issue with locating a shop that is completely capable of doing it in your specific area, than PTF simply not wanting to support it. You have to understand that they're probably very meticulous when it comes down to choosing shops that can do it as if things go bad, you're likely out of a few thousand dollars and explaining to BMW why you need another DME.

You could also mail in your DME if you're willing to go without your car for a little while. I'm not sure about the turn-around time, but you could get a shop to pull apart the DME, ship it to PTF after paying for a bootmod3 license, then receive it back from PTF, have the shop install it again, and boom! You've got bootmod3. This is likely the least preferred method, but if you're wanting the juicy goodness that is bootmod3 - you might have to do this

I can't imagine it takes PTF more than a day to actually unlock the DME, you're waiting for shipping more than anything else.
That's basically what I did the two times I had my DME unlocked. First time I went with a flash tune (not BM3), I was living in Nashville and no shop at the time in my area could unlock the DME. So I had a shop remove my DME and mail it to a shop in California to do the unlock. I had a lot of issues with the tune so I ended up flashing back to stock.

Then when I went with BM3 I also didn't have any shops in my area to do the unlock, so I removed the DME myself and mailed it to proTUNING Freaks for the unlock. The DME removal isn't as bad as you'd think SanchoDivine, You simply remove the charge cooler (held by a few clips and hoses) and intake manifold. The trickiest part honestly was releasing one of the DME harnesses. Turnaround was 24hrs in my case, excluding shipping.

Last edited by BuLoOoSki; 09-15-2017 at 03:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 09:59 AM   #1252
HighlyMedicated
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m340ix

Please update us buloos once the farting and cruising issues are solved.

thanks to you and PTF, knowledge is power, as well as sharing is caring!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 01:07 PM   #1253
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

bootmod3 custom tuning editor, a little demo of the 3-d table view

Appreciate 6
terahertz162.50
FSociety3816.50
whoop_ass355.00
mcvaughan706.00