BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-05-2018, 08:03 PM   #111
JBM4
Private
Rep
Drives: M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimba View Post
If I have downpipes and I flash it back to stock, would the car throw CEL? Because if I have to take my car to service for whatever reason and have to throw it back to stock, I don’t want the CEL to pop while they have the car.
Or is there a map that can prevent the CEL while in stock mode?
Thanks
I think you need some sort of module to block the check engine light like Macht Schnell etc.

Flash back to OEM and take it in.

I am running this setup right now with my Akra Dp's and Akra exhaust so I am curious as well if there is another solution....

Currently using it for check engine light and exhaust valve control as I do like it in sport+ but not as loud sometimes and like to hear the turbo's spool
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #112
m4journey
Private
Rep
Drives: f82

I know ots map 2 is for cars with main cats delete and downpipe. My car only secondary cats deleted... will map2 be to safe to use?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 02:50 AM   #113
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsangbou View Post
I know ots map 2 is for cars with main cats delete and downpipe. My car only secondary cats deleted... will map2 be to safe to use?
Catless DPs are recommended, but not required, for Stage 2 OTS maps.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 2
FSociety3816.50
      02-06-2018, 02:57 AM   #114
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimba View Post
If I have downpipes and I flash it back to stock, would the car throw CEL? Because if I have to take my car to service for whatever reason and have to throw it back to stock, I don’t want the CEL to pop while they have the car.
Or is there a map that can prevent the CEL while in stock mode?
Thanks
Think about these things:

1. If you flash back to FULL STOCK right before taking your car to the dealership, you wont throw a CEL. The car takes some time (not less than 50miles of driving from my experience) before it throws a CEL for catless DPs. So you can take your car for service and most likely pick it back and the CEL would have not shown back up again. That one option to consider.

2. You can flash a "stock" map that has a modification to suppress CEL from catless DPs. However, it will not technically be a "stock" map anymore. And you can't lock your DME with a modified map, it has to be fully stock and untouched.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 04:24 AM   #115
m4journey
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
Catless DPs are recommended, but not required, for Stage 2 OTS maps.
Thanks for the reply.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 04:52 AM   #116
MelP
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandy View Post
Forgive my ignorance I've read through everything and I'm pretty certain of my answer but thought I'd ask it for ease just for confirmation;

I have a standard 2016 F80 M3.

I buy a ENET Cable + Bootmod3 licence. I then contact Bootmod and say hi, I'm UK based need a map for 97 - 99 RON

I then get a map which I flash on, I also have the ability to flash / update on the GTS DCT / TCU updates etc.

I plug in the ENET Cable follow instructions and update / flash.

Is it literally as simple as that?
Is anybody able to answer Andy's question above?

As there are a number of us in the UK who are on the brink of choosing this option and it would be great to get a better understanding, especially for our UK fuel.

We are also discussing it here - http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showth...=1#post2495720

Thanks
Mel
Appreciate 1
Mkai030.00
      02-06-2018, 05:36 AM   #117
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelP View Post

As there are a number of us in the UK who are on the brink of choosing this option and it would be great to get a better understanding, especially for our UK fuel.

We are also discussing it here - http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showth...=1#post2495720

Thanks
Mel
Try reaching out to PTF directly. That would be a surefire way to get an accurate response.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 06:17 AM   #118
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Forgive my ignorance I've read through everything and I'm pretty certain of my answer but thought I'd ask it for ease just for confirmation;

I buy a ENET Cable + Bootmod3 licence. I then contact Bootmod and say hi, I'm UK based need a map for 97 - 99 RON

I then get a map which I flash on, I also have the ability to flash / update on the GTS DCT / TCU updates etc.

Quote:

Thanks
Mel
Yes it is that simple, in fact a bit simpler even. No need to contact PTF to get your map. With the BM3 license you get 2 free maps (CS + GTS) + 1 "token" that allows you to purchase any OTS map. So from the BM3 menu page you go to "OTS Maps" and you select the OTS map you want (In your case for 97-99 RON you'd want the 93 octane map, and for 93 you have both stage 1 and stage 2). Purchasing the map will add it to your "My Maps" section and you flash from there.
Appreciate 3
M3anPower175.50
aboulfad1595.50
FSociety3816.50
      02-06-2018, 06:27 AM   #119
AlanBimmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i 2016

Would you please develop ecu remap for B48 engine T_T
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 06:55 AM   #120
Skasol
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy View Post
As of right now, yes. OBD unlock is in closed beta and you need to have a BM3 license and send PTF a tech ticket from their website asking to be included in the closed beta (so they can enable it on your BM3 account).

You’ll also need a ENET cable and a windows laptop (for now).
Need to get a laptop first. Is bench flashing still the recommended option due to reading more? if not I will just jump on this right away.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 06:56 AM   #121
Skasol
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post
YES
Is this better than bench flashing? May have to just pull the trigger on this if so.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 07:05 AM   #122
Laoschris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks
Mel
Yes it is that simple, in fact a bit simpler even. No need to contact PTF to get your map. With the BM3 license you get 2 free maps (CS + GTS) + 1 "token" that allows you to purchase any OTS map. So from the BM3 menu page you go to "OTS Maps" and you select the OTS map you want (In your case for 97-99 RON you'd want the 93 octane map, and for 93 you have both stage 1 and stage 2). Purchasing the map will add it to your "My Maps" section and you flash from there.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks
Mel
That's way too easy, and very inexpensive compared to everyone else. So $645 will get me an unlock/bootmod3 license and 3 total maps? But of course purchase an ENET cable for like $20. Correct? And it's all instant to flash as soon as I have the cable. No waiting for a specific unit like others?

This is new to me, sorry for the questions that may have also already been answered. I'm glad I held out because I almost purchased a competitors flash OTS tune a couple of weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 07:20 AM   #123
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

^I believe I saw it for $595. Plus it includes the DCT software which is additional $200 minimum with most of the other tuners.

Honestly so glad I waited too. Came close to pulling the trigger few times.
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 07:20 AM   #124
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoschris View Post
That's way too easy, and very inexpensive compared to everyone else. So $645 will get me an unlock/bootmod3 license and 3 total maps? But of course purchase an ENET cable for like $20. Correct? And it's all instant to flash as soon as I have the cable. No waiting for a specific unit like others?

This is new to me, sorry for the questions that may have also already been answered. I'm glad I held out because I almost purchased a competitors flash OTS tune a couple of weeks ago.
Correct. Except the price is $595 and not $645 for the license and 3 maps.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3816.50
      02-06-2018, 07:23 AM   #125
Laoschris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoschris View Post

Correct. Except the price is $595 and not $645 for the license and 3 maps.
I hit another option I guess for another OTS map for an additional $50.

Thanks for the help!

Edit:

Also, going through the activation, can I perform this with a Mac, or is it specific to Windows? I didn't see it while reading.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 07:32 AM   #126
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

How is this priced so low to the competitors?! Feature-for-feature it's almost too good to be true. haha. I'm not complaining or anything as I think this will make the others step up too. But this is damn good value, if it performs as expected.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3816.50
      02-06-2018, 07:54 AM   #127
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Thanks
Mel
I will pick it up in the UK forum from here as I am official reseller in EU.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3816.50
      02-06-2018, 08:05 AM   #128
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
How is this priced so low to the competitors?! Feature-for-feature it's almost too good to be true. haha. I'm not complaining or anything as I think this will make the others step up too. But this is damn good value, if it performs as expected.
Candidly, I don't think it's priced low. The competition have overpriced their offering. From the very beginning I never understood why one would pay >$1,000 for one map that's not even custom tuned. I enjoy watching market disruption and the waterfall of events that happen in short order. Competitors start to quickly lower their price point and start throwing in "extras" to stave off bleeding market share. Anyhow, Happy Tuesday all!
Appreciate 1
FSociety3816.50
      02-06-2018, 08:32 AM   #129
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Candidly, I don't think it's priced low. The competition have overpriced their offering. From the very beginning I never understood why one would pay >$1,000 for one map that's not even custom tuned. I enjoy watching market disruption and the waterfall of events that happen in short order. Competitors start to quickly lower their price point and start throwing in "extras" to stave off bleeding market share. Anyhow, Happy Tuesday all!
I agree that $1,000+ for just a flash tune is quite a lot, but what's even crasier is the price of AMG flash tunes. For AMGs you're looking to spend 2-3K on a flash tune
Appreciate 1
FSociety3816.50
      02-06-2018, 08:33 AM   #130
MelP
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkiedm4 View Post
I will pick it up in the UK forum from here as I am official reseller in EU.
Thanks Peter, you have PM
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 09:38 AM   #131
m4journey
Private
Rep

Quote:
So if you select 93 octane, do you get both stage 1 and stage 2 from 1 token?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 09:39 AM   #132
f80er
Banned
Rep
Drives: An M3

Quote:
I agree that $1,000+ for just a flash tune is quite a lot, but what's even crasier is the price of AMG flash tunes. For AMGs you're looking to spend 2-3K on a flash tune
I paid $2k for smaller pulley/belt (installed) + tune for My 14 S4 back in 2014. A rip off to say the least. $595 is nothing compared to that market.
Appreciate 0