Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

08-28-2016, 04:18 PM   #111
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
I'd hardly call it 'used' at 300 miles, when I purchased the car I paid sales tax plus premium. Not looking to make $50K here.
I'm not ragging on you for the decision to sell, or the price...I simply said it was ironic, considering how this thread started and where it's ended up.

GLWS!
      08-28-2016, 04:50 PM   #112
GreenLantern
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

The irony is, indeed, breathtaking.
Appreciate 1
PNWM3545.50
      08-28-2016, 05:13 PM   #113
Osiris
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
2011 1M  [10.00]
2016 M4 GTS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Don't feed the flipper mentality. I understand the draw to getting a quick buck, even if it is as much as we think it is ($100k markup sales are few and far between, despite what everyone thinks -- list price != sale price).

These cars were made to be enjoyed. If they all get sold at $250k, most will get mothballed, and that's counter to BMW's intent.

Also, I think voucher recipients who flip their cars might be excluded from future voucher / VIP programs. This is just speculation on my part, but that's what I'd expect to see.

Of course, in situations like Powerbeasts's, where your intent for the car cannot be realized, then sure, it makes total sense to sell.

Good luck to everyone looking to exit their GTS. May they all land in the homes of folks who will drive them!
I don't think I will sell. I am in love with it before seeing one even yet. But it is does provoke an internal conflict. That's all. In the end I think she is a keeper.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 05:24 PM   #114
M GmbH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 318 Ti Lemons Car

BMW should step in and not allow this to happen. What was the F-ing point of the screening process? Weren't we told they were all sold out? How do these dealers even have any on the lot for sale?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 06:02 PM   #115
Porsche50th
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 50th Anniv.

Sodium Thiopental Please

Let us see what really happens and if people come up with amazing (bedtime worthy) stories for why they are trying to make a profit... Wife, kids, job, moving, etc.
At this point, I want to drive my car despite the internal (and honestly stated) conflict. I do NOT intend to flip and want to add miles on my baby GTS but do not really care if someone else does. For those looking to sell, just cut the B.S. reasons and take the cash.

Last edited by Porsche50th; 08-28-2016 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 07:45 PM   #116
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL FBG

For me, I am keeping the car for the experience of driving BMW's latest and greatest at the present time. To each his own regarding if they want to sell this limited vehicle for a profit or not. I am hoping the car continues to keep its value throughout the years which I may sell at one time in the future. Money comes and goes but experiences last a lifetime which I intend to with this car. Also I really do hope BMW does monitor what the voucher customers do with their GTS. Keeping the car for a reasonable amount of time hopefully future proofs my relationship with the company to obtain other limited productions in the future. Good luck to anyone who decides to sell theirs.
Appreciate 1
PNWM3545.50
      08-28-2016, 08:24 PM   #117
Keyser
Jaded Observer
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS; various dirty cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche50th View Post
Let us see what really happens and if people come up with amazing (bedtime worthy) stories for why they are trying to make a profit... Wife, kids, job, moving, etc.
At this point, I want to drive my car despite the internal (and honestly stated) conflict. I do NOT intend to flip and want to add miles on my baby GTS but do not really care if someone else does. For those looking to sell, just cut the B.S. reasons and take the cash.
I get bored, and I get tired of dealer BS. Something better comes along. I want to try new. So, I do. Lose on some, make on some. Keep buying, keep referring to the good stores. Really hard NOT to sell me a car I want, but they succeed. Someone will sell it to me. Life is too short to jack around with drama over cars. It's a hobby, but a biz.
Show me someone would refuse more money than they paid for a home, furniture, a watch, and I'll show you a bonehead. Free markets rock.
      08-28-2016, 09:12 PM   #118
Porsche50th
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 50th Anniv.

Agree that experience last a lifetime. Well put KKSigs..
Appreciate 2
KKSigs1270.00
PNWM3545.50
      08-28-2016, 10:19 PM   #119
PNWM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKSigs View Post
For me, I am keeping the car for the experience of driving BMW's latest and greatest at the present time. To each his own regarding if they want to sell this limited vehicle for a profit or not. I am hoping the car continues to keep its value throughout the years which I may sell at one time in the future. Money comes and goes but experiences last a lifetime which I intend to with this car. Also I really do hope BMW does monitor what the voucher customers do with their GTS. Keeping the car for a reasonable amount of time hopefully future proofs my relationship with the company to obtain other limited productions in the future. Good luck to anyone who decides to sell theirs.
This is exactly it. I do not plan on selling anytime soon, even if I was able to get $50k+. I've been waiting for BMW to make a car like this and bring it to the US for a VERY long time. I also plan to track it. Experiences are worth a lot more than money. Well said...
Appreciate 1
KKSigs1270.00
      08-28-2016, 10:21 PM   #120
PNWM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
I get bored, and I get tired of dealer BS. Something better comes along. I want to try new. So, I do. Lose on some, make on some. Keep buying, keep referring to the good stores. Really hard NOT to sell me a car I want, but they succeed. Someone will sell it to me. Life is too short to jack around with drama over cars. It's a hobby, but a biz.
Show me someone would refuse more money than they paid for a home, furniture, a watch, and I'll show you a bonehead. Free markets rock.
Being sentimental about something doesn't make you a bonehead. It makes you human and about more than money
Appreciate 0