proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-13-2017, 02:06 AM   #155
Rennology
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: IG @rennology

Garage List
Can't wait to see what kind of monster the F85 will become.

Was just about to pull the trigger on a RaceChip GTS too.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 07:30 AM   #156
BMWM4_SA
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i

Please pm price and shipping costs. I live in South Africa. I am not sure if you have an agent here who sells on your behalf ? Like they have with hex
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 06:35 PM   #157
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Sorry for the slow reply everyone - as you can imagine, the load is extremely high at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestion View Post
Now we just need to see a 6MT CS. I’ll be happy to beta test (would post video too if wanted). The OEM spec CS is offered only in DCT...
Can do this for you without question. Just let me know when you want to proceed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askylitdrive View Post
How did the tune for the x5m go? Are you guys going to release pricing for x5m/x6m?
Went well - Still need to add this to the site. Please shoot me a PM if you want to get this going before it's added to the site. We've got an X5M here for the next couple weeks so will be doing some fine tuning as time permits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR930 View Post
What about us folks at high altitude??
Not a problem to provide software, although expected gains may be less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsangbou View Post
I believe Magic Motorsport were the first to develop the OBD flasher.
How is this compare to your solution?
Only 1900Euro+vat to have your own flasher!?...
https://www.magicmotorsport.com/shop...x-obd-flasher/
This is a tool for tuners - not for end users. They were not the first to develop the OBD flasher but one of the first to offer it to tuners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsnake View Post
Just had my 2016 F83 flashed remotely. Painless process, took about 10 minutes. The car seems a bit more angry, did a couple of wide open pulls to 60 in 2nd gear (6MT). Looking forward to thrashing it a bit more on my morning commute tomorrow.
Thank you! We'll have that big power file revision for you shortly - just finishing up the touches on the new BMW software versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck. View Post
Can't wait to see what kind of monster the F85 will become.

Was just about to pull the trigger on a RaceChip GTS too.
It's going to be a beast! Driving it stock, it felt SO SLOW compared to our tuned F10 M5...

Working on replying to all PM's emails - if I missed anyone, please PM me.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 1
psuwcc112443.50
      12-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #158
bloke79
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Working on replying to all PM's emails - if I missed anyone, please PM me.
Thanks Mike - I shot you a couple of Q's via PM as well, hopefully you can respond.

thanks again
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 08:19 PM   #159
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloke79 View Post
Thanks Mike - I shot you a couple of Q's via PM as well, hopefully you can respond.

thanks again
Just replied to yours. Still getting to PM's from 7AM yesterday to now. Will get to all of them by tonight. Thanks for your patience everyone.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 11:25 PM   #160
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
All PM's replied and now replying to all emails. Thanks everyone for all the orders, we've shipped cables to the US, Canada, Australia, Germany, and Taiwan!

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 12:13 AM   #161
Flbmwm3
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

How would this compare to a JB4 with say a stage 2 setup with downpipes and intakes?
Are you offering a modified version or just say a CS OEM version with those boost levels?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 02:24 AM   #162
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flbmwm3 View Post
How would this compare to a JB4 with say a stage 2 setup with downpipes and intakes?
Are you offering a modified version or just say a CS OEM version with those boost levels?
We can offer anything you like, you just have to let us know what you want, and we'll make it.

I don't have much experience with piggybacks - they are great for meth control and other things, but were never my cup of tea as they aren't actually "tuning" the ECU - they are tricking the ECU to make more power. I can tell you that a lot of customers have switched from piggyback units to our flash tuning software, particularly on the V8 M5's and M6's, and have nothing but positive things to say about power delivery, consistency, driveability, and smoothness. Some keep the piggyback on there for meth control and other functions in conjunction with the tune.

I posted this on another thread but I think it's a good idea to post it here as well:

In reference to flashing the vehicle back to stock:

There are MANY different variations of main software, sub, and patch versions on every ECU family. On the M3/M4 there are hundreds of versions depending on version number, region, transmission, package, etc..

The biggest tip off to a dealership or BMW, would be returning to them with a different software version or level than what the vehicle was programmed with. When the vehicle receives it's first programming or is re-flashed at the dealer, the software levels of the bootloader, program area, and data area are all logged on BMW's server. This data is saved forever. When you flash back to stock, it's IMPERATIVE that you return to the same stock version.

Now this poses a problem for most - because who has all of these stock versions and this long lineage of revisions throughout the years? The chances of this are slim to none. Since you can't take a full backup now over OBD - there is really no way to restore this data unless you HAVE all of the stock versions. Sure, you can easily flash to a newer or an older stock version - but this isn't the same.

I'm happy to say that I have pretty much EVERY stock version going back the last 9 years. I knew one day that it would be important to save those, and this is one of the few times I'm happy I did. Customers will be provided with their ORIGINAL stock version to flash back to the vehicle if needed, so the software level on the car will MATCH exactly what it is supposed to be, reducing calls for concern drastically.

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 07:56 AM   #163
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flbmwm3 View Post
We can offer anything you like, you just have to let us know what you want, and we'll make it.

I don't have much experience with piggybacks - they are great for meth control and other things, but were never my cup of tea as they aren't actually "tuning" the ECU - they are tricking the ECU to make more power. I can tell you that a lot of customers have switched from piggyback units to our flash tuning software, particularly on the V8 M5's and M6's, and have nothing but positive things to say about power delivery, consistency, driveability, and smoothness. Some keep the piggyback on there for meth control and other functions in conjunction with the tune.

I posted this on another thread but I think it's a good idea to post it here as well:

There are MANY different variations of main software, sub, and patch versions on every ECU family. On the M3/M4 there are hundreds of versions depending on version number, region, transmission, package, etc..

The biggest tip off to a dealership or BMW, would be returning to them with a different software version or level than what the vehicle was programmed with. When the vehicle receives it's first programming or is re-flashed at the dealer, the software levels of the bootloader, program area, and data area are all logged on BMW's server. This data is saved forever. When you flash back to stock, it's IMPERATIVE that you return to the same stock version.

Now this poses a problem for most - because who has all of these stock versions and this long lineage of revisions throughout the years? The chances of this are slim to none. Since you can't take a full backup now over OBD - there is really no way to restore this data unless you HAVE all of the stock versions. Sure, you can easily flash to a newer or an older stock version - but this isn't the same.

I'm happy to say that I have pretty much EVERY stock version going back the last 9 years. I knew one day that it would be important to save those, and this is one of the few times I'm happy I did. Customers will be provided with their ORIGINAL stock version to flash back to the vehicle if needed, so the software level on the car will MATCH exactly what it is supposed to be, reducing calls for concern drastically.
That's great news but can you elaborate on that last paragraph. How would we/I obtain our original stock version if needed? I've used the Cobb Accessport on my N54 335is which saved my "original" software to be flashed back as needed. How will/does this work? If I have a major engine issue do I then need to contact you to get my "original" version. I just want to have a better understanding what I/we are getting into for future dealer visits and warranty work.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 08:26 AM   #164
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:

So I'm a bit confused. I understand that a full backup isn't possible with OBDII, but why aren't you able to flash back to stock using the backup file created via OBDII? Why do you need to flash back to stock using a full backup? In other words, what parts of the software you are flashing/modifying but can't get a stock reading of via OBDII? Is it to do with the bootloader?
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 09:18 AM   #165
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
So I'm a bit confused....
Since we have a confused thread, let's all head there But on a serious note, can this new OBD tool/method save/backup any parts of the pre-tune DME firmware ? I am doubtful but better ask.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 11:10 AM   #166
Deteria
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Can the flash actually turn the DCT / Differential software to the GTS as well?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 06:13 PM   #167
Rockshaker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3, MG 318i 1997

PM for pricing for an M3 2018!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 07:36 PM   #168
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deteria View Post
GTS DCT is a separate flash, and GTS GHAS (diff) is done via coding.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #169
JSiri335I
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335I

Pm price for f30 335i stage 1 and 2!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 09:22 PM   #170
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Sorry for slow replies - about to bring the first M4 CS MANUAL to light as many people requested this.

Then after this, blow some doors off with Stage I/II.

We also had come customers request that we make custom softtware with a very linear power curve and flat torque curve, as when you ramp up the torque down low, it just leads to massive wheelspin and less driveability. You can gain TONS of torque on this car on the bottom - over 100ft/lbs to the wheels - but this doesn't get you anything, especially head to head VS another car. Tested this the other day on the dyno with fantastic results.

Will definitely get back to everyone later today and answer any questions posted above. Those on the fence about which sofware to choose - good things come to those who wait - we're going to be offering a ton of things not previously released.

Stay "tuned" as always!

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 09:27 PM   #171
johnerod75
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Manual

Once OBDII unit is ordered do we get unlimited updates when new features are added?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 09:53 PM   #172
jww///95
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f31xd | f80m3

Quote:
We also had come customers request that we make custom softtware with a very linear power curve and flat torque curve...
+1

Also interested in this type of "track tune" so appreciate the innovation.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 10:03 PM   #173
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Can you please share the before and after dyno results of that Non-ZCP getting the CS tune if you have it already?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 10:50 PM   #174
Sco Cuddie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Patiently waiting on Dyno results...
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 03:40 AM   #175
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deteria View Post
Support will be added for transmission flashing and other options. At the moment it only flashes the engine side and clears fault codes as well.

Those interested in the transmission flash can obtain it locally, or we can do a remote session to flash it - although this process will use a standard ethernet cable instead of the tuning cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshaker View Post
PM for pricing for an M3 2018!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSiri335I View Post
Pm price for f30 335i stage 1 and 2!
PMed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnerod75 View Post
Once OBDII unit is ordered do we get unlimited updates when new features are added?
Those who purchase the software during the introductory period will be elgible for feature updates. Those who purchase it out of the period will be elgible for newer software version releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jww///95 View Post
+1

Also interested in this type of "track tune" so appreciate the innovation.
Thank you. Have a look at this chart and see how nice and flat/linear the power/torque delivery is. This is with 91 octane and Stage I. Will also upload the dynos with the torque way up there - but something like this is much more refined, predictable, and useable. Note this dyno is only going to ~6K, and that this was a custom file with the torque severly reduced down low from what the engine is capable of outputting. We're going to upload some more dyno charts showing the Stages and differences between stock and CS software soon, thanks for your patience!

I also want to report that we succesfully turned an 2016 M4 Manual to a CS edition, which never came with a manual transmission. That software took a LONG time to perfectly put together. The customer tested the car and everything worked perfectly with rev matching, etc.. We then tuned it to Stage I and the customer was extremely impressed with the power delivery. Hopefully he chimes in as he has an 800 mile trip ahead of him. We're going to be offering some options in the future for 6MT owners such as changing the rev-matching modes, etc..

And the beauty here is that you get all of these benefits in under ten minutes Stay "tuned".

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 07:36 AM   #176
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 TB/AB

Mike, are you guys going to create custom tunes? I would like stage 2 sea level power but at altitude. And also an E85 version.
Appreciate 0