Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-16-2016, 09:40 PM   #155
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdubf80 View Post
Justin's car sounds amazing and looks amazing as well. One of the best modded cars I've seen so far.
Quote:
Congrats. One of my favorite systems.
Justin's current setup is pretty raspy. I have rode in his car a few times doing stuff and honestly I prefer his Akrapovic Evo w/ Stock DPs instead of his current full Akrapovic Evo + Akra DP. Akra Evo with Akra DP is pretty raspy over most RPMS where Akra Evo w/ Stock DP only gets raspy for a few moments on the higher RPMS.

I drove home with Slip-On and I noticed a difference right away. The difference is small enough where no microphone or video would pick up on it but if you ride in the car and compare it with a stock OEM exhaust you would notice the difference. Akra Slip-On is amazingly soothing interior wise (quiet), pretty bassy without it being annoying. I only realized how much noises OEM exhaust was giving out until I drove home with Akra Slip-On.
      05-16-2016, 10:15 PM   #156
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Justin's current setup is pretty raspy. I have rode in his car a few times doing stuff and honestly I prefer his Akrapovic Evo w/ Stock DPs instead of his current full Akrapovic Evo + Akra DP. Akra Evo with Akra DP is pretty raspy over most RPMS where Akra Evo w/ Stock DP only gets raspy for a few moments on the higher RPMS.

I drove home with Slip-On and I noticed a difference right away. The difference is small enough where no microphone or video would pick up on it but if you ride in the car and compare it with a stock OEM exhaust you would notice the difference. Akra Slip-On is amazingly soothing interior wise (quiet), pretty bassy without it being annoying. I only realized how much noises OEM exhaust was giving out until I drove home with Akra Slip-On.
I havent heard it in motion just a cold start and some light revs
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 10:27 PM   #157
AW BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 15 SS2 F80/18 AVUS BLUE F80

Quote:
Justin's car sounds amazing and looks amazing as well. One of the best modded cars I've seen so far.
I haven't gone back to supreme since he installed the exhaust. I may be going back soon so I can hear it.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 10:35 PM   #158
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW BMW View Post
I haven't gone back to supreme since he installed the exhaust. I may be going back soon so I can hear it.
You have to do it soon lol.

He is currently having VF Stage 2 put on his car. So the car's exhaust note will change again.
      05-16-2016, 10:41 PM   #159
AW BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

He is currently having VF Stage 2 put on his car. So the car's exhaust note will change again.
Yeah, that's another reason why I want to go out there again. If I keep my car I might get the vf tune on the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 02:46 PM   #160
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW BMW
Quote:

Yeah, that's another reason why I want to go out there again. If I keep my car I might get the vf tune on the car.
Ya

Justin did say he prefers Akra Evo w/ Stock DPs as it sounds cleaner and better but since he is doing VF Stage 2, he has to do Catless DPs.
      05-17-2016, 02:54 PM   #161
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
I had stock, AWE, Remus, and now Stock with ER catless DP's.

I like the sound of AWE the best, but it was just too dam loud and the farts got annoying. The Remus sounded very agressive and I liked it alot, but it too was way too loud and mine had an issue.

Stock with DP's is best of both worlds, but there is still some ZINGY ZING in the exhaust note I dont care for. But the DP's change the tone to a much deeper one over stock.

Im thinking I will try AA midpipe with my DP's and stock exhaust to see if the mid pipe will deeping the zING.

Well see.
      05-17-2016, 07:35 PM   #162
DavidGP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG F80 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16RCE View Post
If the AA has valves I would have bought one by now!
I second this, I have the AA downpipes and would like to add their exhaust but would like some valve and/or a set of resonators on the midpipes. Please make this happen AA. Give us some options for those who bought your downpipes.

Last edited by DavidGP; 05-17-2016 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 09:09 PM   #163
JoeyBananas
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: NA

A lot of people want the "valves" because they want the option to quiet it down but I think everyone forgets that the valves just make the system louder. A Valved AA wouldn't make it less tame
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2016, 09:25 PM   #164
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post

I like the sound of AWE the best, but it was just too dam loud and the farts got annoying. The Remus sounded very agressive and I liked it alot, but it too was way too loud and mine had an issue.

Stock with DP's is best of both worlds, but there is still some ZINGY ZING in the exhaust note I dont care for. But the DP's change the tone to a much deeper one over stock.

Im thinking I will try AA midpipe with my DP's and stock exhaust to see if the mid pipe will deeping the zING.

Well see.
Thanks for this! I'm probably going to go the stock with DPs route in a month or two. Nice to know it still holds its own.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 10:31 AM   #165
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24
Quote:

Well see.
Thanks for this! I'm probably going to go the stock with DPs route in a month or two. Nice to know it still holds its own.
I have noticed Dp's with stock exhaust DRONES a little. The AWE did not drone much at all if any. The Remus did the most. Stock with DP's is in between them both.

Remus with stock DP drone = 6
Stock with catless DP drone = 4
Awe with stock DP = 2

At least that's my interpretation of it.
      05-18-2016, 11:03 AM   #166
AW BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I have noticed Dp's with stock exhaust DRONES a little. The AWE did not drone much at all if any. The Remus did the most. Stock with DP's is in between them both.

Awe with stock DP = 2

I didn't really notice any drone when I had my AWE resonated exhaust. At first it was quiet but once broken in it got louder and had a nice sound to it but no drone in the cabin with valves fully open the entire time I owned it.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 01:28 PM   #167
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
I didn't really notice any drone when I had my AWE resonated exhaust. At first it was quiet but once broken in it got louder and had a nice sound to it but no drone in the cabin with valves fully open the entire time I owned it.
Its the most silent when not on the gas of the bunch hands down. But if you have ANY load and on the gas, you will hear exhaust. And drone can be ear rattling vibration drone or the low exhaust hum to me. Either way its a constant hum.

Thats with slight load. Hence why I have it a 2 out of 10. Thats pretty dam quiet IMO. While the farts got old, I kinda miss it now. lol.
      05-18-2016, 02:06 PM   #168
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM
Quote:
Its the most silent when not on the gas of the bunch hands down. But if you have ANY load and on the gas, you will hear exhaust. And drone can be ear rattling vibration drone or the low exhaust hum to me. Either way its a constant hum.

Thats with slight load. Hence why I have it a 2 out of 10. Thats pretty dam quiet IMO. While the farts got old, I kinda miss it now. lol.
Most interpret drone differently as most of us can handle drone of some kind.

It is the type of drone you can hear from pick-up trucks that is the large "No No" section.
      05-23-2016, 08:06 AM   #169
drftorres
Private
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO DCT

What about catless Akra DPs with Akra slip-on??

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 10:02 PM   #170
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:

Awe with stock DP = 2

Interesting, I've had my full Remus for almost two months now and I don't notice any drone at all. And I have a mostly freeway 60 mile round trip to work/home.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 12:35 AM   #171
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Interesting, I've had my full Remus for almost two months now and I don't notice any drone at all. And I have a mostly freeway 60 mile round trip to work/home.
Full meaning with down pipes? Mine was with stock downpipes and droned between a certain RPM while driving. It wasnt SUPER drone. But coming from the AWE, it was MUCH louder in my cabin when just cruising down the highway.
      05-24-2016, 01:25 AM   #172
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
same here
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 03:18 AM   #173
JL1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Xdrive

Quote:

Well see.
Hey mate,

I am currently running that setup.

I have VRSF downpipes and AA Mid pipe, it is way too loud!!! If you thought the AWE or REMUS was too loud, i am here to tell you that it is a straight pipe when your valves are open!

You will not like it for day to day driving, unless your valves are closed. But seriously who wants to have their valves closed? not me!

I'm about to go back to standard downpipes with REMUS cat back.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 06:08 AM   #174
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Full meaning with down pipes? Mine was with stock downpipes and droned between a certain RPM while driving. It wasnt SUPER drone. But coming from the AWE, it was MUCH louder in my cabin when just cruising down the highway.
Full as an with the midpipe and not just the slip on. I think Remus calls it the "race exhaust" as well. Stock DPs and just cruising down the freeway it is very close to stock IMO for noise level. That is a big reason why I like it. Very tame when in efficient or just cruising and it screams when you are on the gas in sport and sport plus.

Was your AWE res or non res?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 06:15 AM   #175
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:

Well see.
Yeah man the farts the AWE exhaust makes will make you want to cringe...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 08:45 AM   #176
AC1981
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Yeah man the farts the AWE exhaust makes will make you want to cringe...
Noone of the offered exhaust will get rid of the annoying farts the s55 makes wenn releasing the gas instantly after building up boost right?

Installed the Akra Evo last week and i could cry every time i hear that shit .)
Appreciate 0