EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

05-01-2020, 03:17 PM   #1
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Video: M4 Competition Package Exhaust Driving Sounds (vs. 2015 M3 non-competition)

I think the M4 completion exhaust sounds wonderful... stock! My flaps are "forced" open by the BMS CANFLAP Module, but the car is bone performance otherwise. Disregard the video angle... I was focusing on the sound!

Short video of cold start, warm-up, driving sounds/pops/burbles, and a CRAZY exhaust rev at the very end!

By way of comparison, below are a couple of videos of my old 2015 M3 driving and exhaust noise, same exact BMS CANFLAP module, so flaps are open, but the car was bone stock. SUCH a difference between the non-competition and the competition exhaust and engine!

I definitely plan on making more driving and exhaust videos this summer!
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2020, 09:32 PM   #2
Mar48
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Comp xDrive - Atlantis

Nice videos! I agree, the ZCP sounds mean.
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144320.50
      05-01-2020, 10:33 PM   #3
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar48 View Post
Nice videos! I agree, the ZCP sounds mean.
Thank you!

I honestly had no idea how different the ZCP was going to be from my pre-competition model. There are many, many similarities, of course, and I don't think the zcp is necessarily louder, it just pops and burbles which the non-zcp doesn't at all and it sounds deeper and less raspy than the old car.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0