Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

01-23-2022, 03:29 PM   #1
Phatferg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4 Vert, Audi Q7, BMW X5

Garage List
2020 M4 Vert  [0.00]
2020 M4 Vert  [10.00]
Ceramic and ppf Long Island

Hey all, sure this type of post has been posted before so apologies.
Looking for some feedback/ recommendations on installers in nassau county NY area… also wondering on thoughts between Kavaca and xpel… as well if ceramic pro is actually better than the other brands- I've heard so many different things… it is also substantially more expensive.. or is it just about it posting to car fax?
Lastly I have a body shop that I've had work done on my other non M cars.. nice little body/ collision shop.. do good work willing to do ceramic pro and xpel for a good price because I'm a good customer.. but not sure they do ceramic etc often… they claim to be ceramic pro certified.
All thoughts, advice and opinions welcome.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 03:30 PM   #2
Phatferg
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2020 M4 Vert  [0.00]
2020 M4 Vert  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatferg View Post
Hey all, sure this type of post has been posted before so apologies.
Looking for some feedback/ recommendations on installers in nassau county NY area… also wondering on thoughts between Kavaca and xpel… as well if ceramic pro is actually better than the other brands- I've heard so many different things… it is also substantially more expensive.. or is it just about it posting to car fax?
Lastly I have a body shop that I've had work done on my other non M cars.. nice little body/ collision shop.. do good work willing to do ceramic pro and xpel for a good price because I'm a good customer.. but not sure they do ceramic etc often… they claim to be ceramic pro certified.
All thoughts, advice and opinions welcome.

Thank you!
PS, have another company that uses igl coatings and stek… any thoughts on this.. I think it going on car fax might be a big deal if you ever end of reselling.. and I believe that is only ceramic pro… or?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 07:42 AM   #3
ccim_m4cs
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Looking to order something

I had my 19' M4CS wrapped in XPEL and ceramic coated by Detailing Dynamics in Mineola. They are well known all over the world for their work many people ship their cars there to have them worked on by them. They guarantee their work and will fix something if later on it becomes an issue. They are on the higher end of the price range but work is top notch.

I have also had friends get their cars done by Impressive Auto body in oceanside and work looks amazing as well. Social media will show you what place is true enthusiast shop. I dont mind paying a little more knowing that its done right, but of course it comes down to what your willing to spend. Ceramic coating is amazing no matter what brand you pick.
Appreciate 2
      01-24-2022, 08:14 AM   #4
Phatferg
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2020 M4 Vert  [0.00]
2020 M4 Vert  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccim_m4cs View Post
I had my 19' M4CS wrapped in XPEL and ceramic coated by Detailing Dynamics in Mineola. They are well known all over the world for their work many people ship their cars there to have them worked on by them. They guarantee their work and will fix something if later on it becomes an issue. They are on the higher end of the price range but work is top notch.

I have also had friends get their cars done by Impressive Auto body in oceanside and work looks amazing as well. Social media will show you what place is true enthusiast shop. I dont mind paying a little more knowing that its done right, but of course it comes down to what your willing to spend. Ceramic coating is amazing no matter what brand you pick.
Thank you! Yeah I've come across both places in research.. it's so hard to tell within a sea of google and yelp reviews..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 02:05 PM   #5
M3 Alex
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 ZCP M3 - Avus Blue

I've always used https://www.supremeshine.net/
https://www.instagram.com/supremeshineny/

AJ is meticulous and is an even bigger car guy than I am. He has done my Audi S6, BMW M2 and 95 Civic Hatch. Check out his work on his instagram.

I'll be having him do my new M3 here shortly.
Appreciate 1