Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-19-2021, 11:15 AM   #1
Airbag79
Rep
Drives: M2C

Another F80 M3 Pull to Right SI B32 01 17 Saga

FYI, anyone in the PHO area avoid Chapman BMW Chandler service dept like the plague. The Chapman Chandler Service department is the very definition of incompetent.

Where do I begin.... Recently traded in my 2020 M2C that I ordered brand new through Chapman Chandler for a 2018 M3 CS (which, for the record, I love 100x more than my M2C with manual, M2C was a very fun car, but the sitting on roof seating position and slight crookedness killed it for me). Anyway, back to the drama.

Immediately I noticed it was pulling to the right. Especially at highway speeds. First I had an alignment performed at the first visit and paid $170 out of pocket (that didn't resolve the steering pull to right issue). Then I found the technical service bulletin (SI B32 01 17) online that specifically addressed my steering issue. I scheduled a 2nd appointment and loaner vehicle, was there promptly at 7am. First told we're out of loaners, ok, fine, no biggie I called my wife to pick me up. I then sat down with the service rep to discuss the TSB. After 9 hours and me having to call the dealership on two separate occasions (I finally drove down there). The service rep proceeds to tell me there is nothing wrong with my car, and that what I am experiencing is "road crown".

I ask why SI B32 01 17 was not fully executed, and why they drove my car for 35 miles if there was no issue? The numerous responses I received were, "I had two foreman drive your car, the behavior is normal" "we need BMW approval to carry it out, maybe next month when our technical rep is in town", "SI B32 01 17 not applicable to my car", "SI B32 01 17 software update isn't available until mid July"....

Long story short, I drove an extra 45 mins to BMW North Scottsdale. The tech drove with me, confirmed yes this is DEFINITELY not "road crown", and proceeded to apply the update in SI B32 01 17 and now my car drives as straight as an arrow. They had my car 3 hours start to finish. BMW Chandler has lost a customer and BMW NS has gained a customer for life.

Last edited by Airbag79; 06-19-2021 at 11:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 11:29 AM   #2
Airbag79
Rep
Drives: M2C

Here are some pics. Big shout out to detail boss in Scottsdale for the absolutely amazing job. Full paint correction, ceramic coating and full nose PPF:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
c0nrad93.00