Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons

11-29-2016, 02:45 PM   #23
apexit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 SO M3

bump
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 07:40 PM   #24
neilum
Captain
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit View Post
bump
PM Sent.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 03:30 PM   #25
apexit
Captain
United_States
Rep

exhuast is sold.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 09:54 AM   #26
f80er
Banned
Rep
Drives: An M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-100 ninja real quick View Post
OP is yours cracked on the sides of the muffler ?
Quote:
It's not. Included the pics of the side since I started this around when that thread started.
Bumping this because I bought this exhaust from apexit for $3k who in this thread clearly stated that is wasn't cracked which was a blatant lie. Its cracked in 3 places and one of the tips was dented. All of which he failed to disclose.

The pictures he posted are of the top of the muffler and the cracks are on the bottom side which you can't see in the pictures. It's the same spot as all the other reports of cracking which is the bottom side where the exhaust pipes are welded to the can. Looks like stress or flexing causing them to crack in that spot.

One of the tips was dented as well and again the pictures don't show it because it is on the bottom of the tip. He worked with me on the tip (split the price of a new one) but won't take the exhaust back because he claims that he didn't know it was cracked. Instead he has chosen to wash his hands of it.

BMW no help to me as I am not the original owner and they can't verify that it's less than two years old. I have been told BMW is aware of it but no receipt equals no replacement.

Worst part about all of this is I met him in person and didn't look close enough that exhaust. When he brought up the tip being bent I should have known better and went over the exhaust with fine tip pen before paying but instead I trusted that the dented tip was the only issue. So shame on me for not doing my due diligence but buyer beware when buying a second hand MPE and more importantly buying anything from Luis/Apexit.

Pics:

Before hitting it with a wire brush:

After:

Tip:

Rest of pics here:https://www.flickr.com/gp/149231725@N05/c2V1Go
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 11:21 AM   #27
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

Sorry to hear, man. I think I was next in line about this exhaust. I'm probably leaning towards AWE anyways. And now, I'm wavering on buying second hand. Maybe OP can work with you by giving you a copy of the receipt to show it's less than two years old? But even then, I'm not sure it would get you anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 11:41 AM   #28
f80er
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
Sorry to hear, man. I think I was next in line about this exhaust. I'm probably leaning towards AWE anyways. And now, I'm wavering on buying second hand. Maybe OP can work with you by giving you a copy of the receipt to show it's less than two years old? But even then, I'm not sure it would get you anywhere.
Better me than you I guess.

Luis (apexit) told me he bought it second hand and never installed it because he felt guilty about spending $3xxx on an exhaust. Obviously not guilty enough to pass it on to me. He also said he tried to contact the guy he bought it from to get a receipt but didn't get a response.

In the end he told me he worked with me on the tip but isn't willing to do anything about the exhaust. Like 100 bucks towards a damaged tip that he supposedly forgot about it is somehow supposed to make up for the $3k cracked MPE.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 01:11 PM   #29
grundlehunter
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
It's not. Included the pics of the side since I started this around when that thread started.
This is OP's response to the question: "Is yours cracked on the sides of the muffler."

Small claims court - get your 3k back if he refuses to work with you.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 02:35 PM   #30
f80er
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grundlehunter View Post
This is OP's response to the question: "Is yours cracked on the sides of the muffler."

Small claims court - get your 3k back if he refuses to work with you.
Yeah hence why I quoted it as well.

He has already refused to do anything at this point, basically told me when I asked him point blank if he was going to take it back, "I'm not, sorry. I didn't know about it and I already gave you some money for the tip which I showed you before you paid me.." Like I said because he gave me a $100 for the tip that somehow exonerated him from doing anything else.

I just want him to be a man about it and take the exhaust back but I doubt that is going to happen. As far as small claims goes not sure where to begin with all that. I have his first name, what I think is his wife's name (who apparently works for BMWNA), what I think is their last name and his phone number.

Worst part about all of this is he presented this exhaust without any defects, posted pictures to support that as well. Then went as far as acknowledging the thread about the cracked MPE's and then feigned COMPLETE ignorance about his own cracked MPE.
Appreciate 1
nathanm4683.00
      12-24-2016, 02:54 PM   #31
ChallengeM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post
I have his first name, what I think is his wife's name (who apparently works for BMWNA), what I think is their last name and his phone number.
Possible they grabbed the entire exhaust as a defective and warrantied unit from one of the dealers at BMWNA... That'd also explain the dented tip - having been tossed to the side.

These things sound way too good for them to all be defective.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 03:35 PM   #32
f80er
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengeM View Post
Possible they grabbed the entire exhaust as a defective and warrantied unit from one of the dealers at BMWNA... That'd also explain the dented tip - having been tossed to the side.

These things sound way too good for them to all be defective.
Who knows where it came from. Does anyone know what if any identifying information is stamped on them? I know the part number is there but no idea what the other stuff references. Maybe a build date?

OP is reading this thread, so have at it Luis, post a reply explaining to everyone here why you're refusing to give me my money back.

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 09:16 PM   #33
apexit
Captain
United_States
Rep

I bought this exhaust from another user on here that worked at a dealer in NJ. He told me it was his and was coming off his car but it is possible the Challenge is right, but not on my end. I had no knowledge of the cracks, I would've mentioned it.

While the tip is a small part of the exhaust I did show him before he paid me. He could've easily walked away. I agreed to reimburse him for half the tip afterwards out of good faith, it was a used item and I did show him the damage I knew of before getting paid.

I was trying to get a response on here earlier today and my internet went out just as I him submit. Had to step out afterwards.

While it is cracked, it is repairable. Any welder should be able to fix this in under an hour. Maybe $100? I don't see a welder charging much more than that for such little work. The crack is small and as you can see in his pictures before he cleaned it up they are hard to see, I didn't know they were there. Once he cleaned it up it became a lot more apparent but I only saw that after the fact.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 09:37 PM   #34
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

Say what you want to say Apexit, but your seller reputation is tarnished and you should take back the exhaust if you feel it is minor damage then resell
Appreciate 1
f80er2056.00
      12-25-2016, 09:58 AM   #35
f80er
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I bought this exhaust from another user on here that worked at a dealer in NJ. He told me it was his and was coming off his car but it is possible the Challenge is right, but not on my end. I had no knowledge of the cracks, I would've mentioned it.

While the tip is a small part of the exhaust I did show him before he paid me. He could've easily walked away. I agreed to reimburse him for half the tip afterwards out of good faith, it was a used item and I did show him the damage I knew of before getting paid.

I was trying to get a response on here earlier today and my internet went out just as I him submit. Had to step out afterwards.

While it is cracked, it is repairable. Any welder should be able to fix this in under an hour. Maybe $100? I don't see a welder charging much more than that for such little work. The crack is small and as you can see in his pictures before he cleaned it up they are hard to see, I didn't know they were there. Once he cleaned it up it became a lot more apparent but I only saw that after the fact.
Merry Christmas. And its cracked in 3 places not one.

If its just a $100 fix then take it back, have it repaired and sell it on to someone else as a "repaired MPE" because you sold it to me as un-cracked which is simply not the case. Why should I have to get it repaired? If I knew it was cracked I would never even agreed to buy it. And regardless if I picked it up or you sold/shipped it to some other unsuspecting member how would you have handled that? Tell them to "get it repaired?" I should have walked away when you showed up with a dented tip so again shame on me.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 10:24 AM   #36
grundlehunter
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:

You represented your item as not cracked, you not seeing the cracks is irrelevant as you were specifically asked to check for cracks and you responded that there were none. So you either 1. Intentionally deceived (fraud), or 2. Neglected to check and made false representations (negligence). Either way you should do the right thing and take the exhaust back, then have the cracks fixed and re list with full disclosure.
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2016, 08:59 AM   #37
f80er
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grundlehunter View Post
You represented your item as not cracked, you not seeing the cracks is irrelevant as you were specifically asked to check for cracks and you responded that there were none. So you either 1. Intentionally deceived (fraud), or 2. Neglected to check and made false representations (negligence). Either way you should do the right thing and take the exhaust back, then have the cracks fixed and re list with full disclosure.

Apexit (Luis Perez) isn't going to do shit, he got his $3k and washed his hands of this exhaust. As anyone can see he makes it readily apparent that he accepts zero responsibility for any of this.

Luis you that hard up for $3k that you can't give me my money back? Or is it you know damn well that you can't sell this exhaust for $3k again? And give it up about the tip, its the least you could have done. Hell I should have asked for the full amount of the tip instead of half but I was being reasonable, something you don't seem to know anything about. So stop acting like that is some end all to be all for this transaction or some representation of what a "nice guy" you are.
Appreciate 1
nathanm4683.00
      12-26-2016, 06:25 PM   #38
ChallengeM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlin702 View Post
Hey I feel for you f80er but end of the day you got a decent discount on an expensive exhaust that may or may not have started cracking after you install it anyway. Coming from someone who's been screwed over plenty of times by shops and private transactions, if all it's gonna take is $100 to get it fixed, you did okay. My $.02, fix it and enjoy the exhaust. Now you have peace of mind the issue that seems to be plaguing these exhausts has been addressed already (will be a plus when you sell.) Your time is probably better spent doing things other than chasing a guy who has made it clear he's not gonna take it back.

Good luck! Hope you're happy with the sound after install. I would recommend against doing catless downpipes with the MPE. Sounds like a fart can after. Lol
I have to respectfully disagree with most of what you have said here.

1. $3k is the going rate for a used MPE around here especially without carbon tips and the buyer agreed to pay that price for a used unit in fully functional shape without the notorious defect showing pictures of what he claimed the spots would be usually.

2. It is not $100 to fix that. I don't know of any reputable shops that'd touch that for $100, most places won't even remove the exhaust to begin the repair work for $100.

3. Even once the problem is addressed I don't think anyone will ever want to buy this system from f80r due to it being a repaired defective unit. Also I wouldn't consider it "fixed" since we don't know if it'll start cracking inbetween the repair welds or some place else. I would definitely not think it's a plus when it comes to resale value in fact in my opinion it's a huge red flag - f80r will probably be married to this thing.

4. F80r never said - or I failed to notice - he installed the unit. Even if he did those cracks will not develop by themselves in a few days.

5. Just my $.02 but apexit either work with the buyer or go away. Halfassed responses will not clear your name and unless you are willing to cover actual costs of repair, removal, reinstall and perhaps compensation for decreased value due to the repair work which I would personally put between $600-$1000 you might as well give up. F80r sorry bud but if you didn't use PayPal I don't really see what else you can possibly do here but good luck.
Appreciate 2
f80er2056.00
      12-26-2016, 07:16 PM   #39
f80er
Banned
Rep

I never installed it, payed cold hard cash and never expected to get $3k when the time came to sell it. All of that was under the pretense that it was in near new condition and without defects which he sold it as. I am a reasonable guy but apexit got out of the exhaust so what does he care? He obviously feels he owes me nothing and has made it apparent to me via text and here that he isn't willing to do anything.

Funny part of this I went through his post history and he started a thread about shoddy work and not getting what he paid for. But I guess that only applies to him spending his money and not taking someone else's. smh

"Is this acceptable repair work?" http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1237775
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2016, 04:57 AM   #40
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

*SOLD*
Another cracked exhaust

Last edited by LOW4LYF; 12-28-2016 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2016, 06:42 AM   #41
f80er
Banned
Rep

Don't know whether I should laugh or cry?! Also looks like the same NJ parts bin that my exhaust came from. Cracked in almost the exact same places and manner.

According to apexit that's a $100 fix so whoever buys that would be getting a great deal!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2016, 08:20 PM   #42
E90bedi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post
Don't know whether I should laugh or cry?! Also looks like the same NJ parts bin that my exhaust came from. Cracked in almost the exact same places and manner.

According to apexit that's a $100 fix so whoever buys that would be getting a great deal!
Instead of crying all over the forums, when it comes to such an expensive car part, I would examine it through and through. He drove all the way to you, it's your fault you didn't look st every detail. If you didn't like the dented tip, should've paid the man for gas and walked away. Apexit is a close personal friend of mine, he is the last person to scan anyone. So do not bash him for your ignorance and failure to do your due diligence. I don't know you, but if I'm spending money to that volume, I examine ever square inch of the item before buying because at the end of the day you're buying it used, and not from an actual store. If it was A fake exhaust then 100% you'd be entitled to your refund. But it is not. I've seen the exhaust in person, and there's a reason why it's being sold at a discounted rate. Because is used. I know him personally, and the exhaust was never installed on apexit's car. Pay a welder to fix it or work out a negotiated price and split the cost to fix it exhaust, and move on with your day, and enjoy your new year celebrations.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2016, 08:42 PM   #43
alz0rz
What goes here?
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90bedi View Post
Instead of crying all over the forums, when it comes to such an expensive car part, I would examine it through and through. He drove all the way to you, it's your fault you didn't look st every detail. If you didn't like the dented tip, should've paid the man for gas and walked away. Apexit is a close personal friend of mine, he is the last person to scan anyone. So do not bash him for your ignorance and failure to do your due diligence. I don't know you, but if I'm spending money to that volume, I examine ever square inch of the item before buying because at the end of the day you're buying it used, and not from an actual store. If it was A fake exhaust then 100% you'd be entitled to your refund. But it is not. I've seen the exhaust in person, and there's a reason why it's being sold at a discounted rate. Because is used. I know him personally, and the exhaust was never installed on apexit's car. Pay a welder to fix it or work out a negotiated price and split the cost to fix it exhaust, and move on with your day, and enjoy your new year celebrations.
He can't work up the courage to defend himself so he sends others to talk for him?

GBNF:
2021 G80 M3, 2019 F90 M5 Competition, 2016 F80 M3, 2014 F22 M235i
Appreciate 3
f80er2056.00
SakhirM410784.50
nathanm4683.00
      12-27-2016, 09:29 PM   #44
apexit
Captain
United_States
Rep

Didn't ask anyone to defend me. I did reach out to max PSI in NJ and they said it would be 200 to weld and reinforce it to better than new. Not 100, not 1k as some may think.
Appreciate 0