Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

02-16-2016, 08:50 AM   #243
auf Deutsch
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
This is a new design? I can hardly tell the difference lol. FWIW I'm not a GTR hater in fact my M3 is for sale in the for sale section to buy one. But this is the "huge update" ?
The "huge update" is sure to include a substantial increase in cost for the umpteenth consecutive time.
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 09:30 AM   #244
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Quote:
This is a new design? I can hardly tell the difference lol. FWIW I'm not a GTR hater in fact my M3 is for sale in the for sale section to buy one. But this is the "huge update" ?
heh. I'm not really seeing the difference here either. . . Its a tired design.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 10:03 AM   #245
TahoeM3
Major
Rep
Drives: F-type R, GTR, X5 50i

Quote:
It's a refresh, not a new generation. Same chassis/drivetrain.

New front and rear bumpers, new hood (not shown yet), new wheels, side skirts, and a completely revamped interior. I haven't seen any real pictures, and I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking, but it should give it a more modern look to carry over until the new generation R36 hits in 2020.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2016, 10:23 AM   #246
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeM3 View Post
It's a refresh, not a new generation. Same chassis/drivetrain.

New front and rear bumpers, new hood (not shown yet), new wheels, side skirts, and a completely revamped interior. I haven't seen any real pictures, and I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking, but it should give it a more modern look to carry over until the new generation R36 hits in 2020.
Ahh thanks for the info.

I myself am looking to snag a slightly used 2015 with low miles in the low/mid 70s. What a great deal IMO.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 10:54 AM   #247
04cobra
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 - 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost34 View Post
you ever see this, surprised the m6 ran with gtr.

Ok so in that video above the m6 beats the GTR by lets say 1 car length approximately?

In the video below the M5 beats the M4 by approximately 1 car length....So cant we agree that it is still possible for an F8x to run equivalent with a GTR from a roll? I still have yet to see any proof (other than people whining that the GTR is faster because its a GTR) that it is impossible for a stock M3/M4 to run even with a GTR from a roll. Please prove me wrong and I want hard evidence not "Oh I own both and the GTR is a faster car". Great you own both. Please film a race between both cars and prove me wrong.

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 11:20 AM   #248
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 JzB E93 M3 & 2012 BE GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cobra View Post
Ok so in that video above the m6 beats the GTR by lets say 1 car length approximately?

In the video below the M5 beats the M4 by approximately 1 car length....So cant we agree that it is still possible for an F8x to run equivalent with a GTR from a roll? I still have yet to see any proof (other than people whining that the GTR is faster because its a GTR) that it is impossible for a stock M3/M4 to run even with a GTR from a roll. Please prove me wrong and I want hard evidence not "Oh I own both and the GTR is a faster car". Great you own both. Please film a race between both cars and prove me wrong.

That's the problem with these YouTube videos. They're littered with inconsistencies and uncontrollable variables (bad drivers, passengers in the car, etc.....). They're also full of liars too about people claiming their cars to be stock and it's clearly not. I remember seeing a guy on the M6 forums saying his M6 was stock and pulling 10 bus lengths on a stock GTR. And everybody except BMW fanboys knew he was full of shit and that his M6 was heavily modified.

And for every video I've seen of an M6 beating a GTR, I've seen vice versa so that's why I think it's a pretty close race from a roll.

As of this date I've never seen a real "legitimate" roll race between a GTR and M3/M4 posted anywhere (stock vs. stock).

Also, of all legitimate roll races I've seen, the M6 is a little quicker/faster than the M5, so I don't think you can make that assumption about the M3/M4 GTR

Last edited by Ketamine_Dart; 02-16-2016 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 11:54 AM   #249
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketamine_Dart View Post
That's the problem with these YouTube videos. They're littered with inconsistencies and uncontrollable variables (bad drivers, passengers in the car, etc.....). They're also full of liars too about people claiming their cars to be stock and it's clearly not. I remember seeing a guy on the M6 forums saying his M6 was stock and pulling 10 bus lengths on a stock GTR. And everybody except BMW fanboys knew he was full of shit and that his M6 was heavily modified.

And for every video I've seen of an M6 beating a GTR, I've seen vice versa so that's why I think it's a pretty close race from a roll.

As of this date I've never seen a real "legitimate" roll race between a GTR and M3/M4 posted anywhere (stock vs. stock).

Also, of all legitimate roll races I've seen, the M6 is a little quicker/faster than the M5, so I don't think you can make that assumption about the M3/M4 GTR
Dude besides setting the right settings its not hard to drive a GTR fast strait. Are there really this many bad GTR drivers?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 12:10 PM   #250
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Dude besides setting the right settings its not hard to drive a GTR fast strait. Are there really this many bad GTR drivers?
C'mon. Missed gears. GTR drivers texting not racing. Members lying. Every excuse this guy has.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 12:11 PM   #251
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You'd be surprised. The biggest problem is when people are in manual mode and are in the wrong gear.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 12:12 PM   #252
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You'd be surprised. The biggest problem is when people are in manual mode and are in the wrong gear.
I read this as "the biggest issue is when the drivers don't let the car do 100% of the work".
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 12:14 PM   #253
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
C'mon. Missed gears. GTR drivers texting not racing. Members lying. Every excuse this guy has.
And of course you have guys like this guy who thinks it's perfectly okay to race a modified car against a stock one and then extrapolate the results to a stock vs. stock race
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 12:16 PM   #254
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I read this as "the biggest issue is when the drivers don't let the car do 100% of the work".
No, it should be read as some drivers are in the wrong gear right before they downshift
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 12:34 PM   #255
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
And of course you have guys like this guy who thinks it's perfectly okay to race a modified car against a stock one and then extrapolate the results to a stock vs. stock race
And even with Stage 1, I had less HP. But more importantly, the GTR I'm referencing had a rather loud exhaust so I'm not too sure he was fully stock himself. Now what?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 12:44 PM   #256
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
And even with Stage 1, I had less HP. But more importantly, the GTR I'm referencing had a rather loud exhaust so I'm not too sure he was fully stock himself. Now what?
Simple, as I mentioned before, too many variables with "street races." It's why I take these street races with a grain of salt. Everybody wants to lie and bullshit about what they have and who they beat.......blah blah blah. I think tests done by auto magazines and journalists are a little more valid, don't you think?

Anyways, I'm sick and tired of trying to explain the same shit over and over to you. Either you're incredibly naive or incredibly stupid, or both.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 12:48 PM   #257
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Simple, as I mentioned before, too many variables with "street races." It's why I take these street races with a grain of salt. Everybody wants to lie and bullshit about what they have and who they beat.......blah blah blah. I think tests done by auto magazines and journalists are a little more valid, don't you think?

Anyways, I'm sick and tired of trying to explain the same shit over and over to you. Either you're incredibly naive or incredibly stupid, or both.
We all accept these variables but you have to also accept the results. You're a stubborn GTR newcomer who can't fathom Possibly underperforming. It's about time you exit because there have been a number a videos calling your fanboism out. You're fawking annoying.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 12:52 PM   #258
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
We all accept these variables but you have to also accept the results. You're a stubborn GTR newcomer who can't fathom Possibly underperforming. It's about time you exit because there have been a number a videos calling your fanboism out. You're fawking annoying.
You mean all the videos showing modified M3/M4 vs. stock GTR's or heavily modified M3/M4 vs, slightly modified older CBA GTR's...........the same videos that is in full support of what I've been trying to explain to your walnut sized brain? Those videos???? Yeah try again
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 01:07 PM   #259
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You mean all the videos showing modified M3/M4 vs. stock GTR's or heavily modified M3/M4 vs, slightly modified older CBA GTR's...........the same videos that is in full support of what I've been trying to explain to your walnut sized brain? Those videos???? Yeah try again
Dude, you're still the man on your block with your out of warranty GTR. Try not to take L's personally. It's not manly.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 01:21 PM   #260
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Dude, you're still the man on your block with your out of warranty GTR. Try not to take L's personally. It's not manly.
Just like you're still the queen of your Tupperware party with your exotic 3-series? You're ballin' so hard dude!

So what's your point princess?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 01:33 PM   #261
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
And for the last time, stop trying to be a delusional, insecure little Internet warrior. Nobody is impressed with your constant diatribe of how your 3-series is a baller status car compared to a GTR. It just shows how moronic you continue to be. Stop wasting what so few little neurons you have left in that vast empty cranium of yours to keep trying to get back and forth with me. I'm neither impressed with your internet "worth" nor your idiotic intellect, or lack thereof.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 02:09 PM   #262
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Just like you're still the queen of your Tupperware party with your exotic 3-series? You're ballin' so hard dude!

So what's your point princess?
Only difference is, you're on an exotic 3-series forum, promoting your used Play Station 2. A $100k Nissan Juke.

I was hoping you wrapped it around a tree but we all have wishes that are never realized. You're looking stupid. Countless evidence of your PS2 losing but your pie hole won't shuddup. Clown.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 02:31 PM   #263
Ketamine_Dart
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Only difference is, you're on an exotic 3-series forum, promoting your used Play Station 2. A $100k Nissan Juke.

I was hoping you wrapped it around a tree but we all have wishes that are never realized. You're looking stupid. Countless evidence of your PS2 losing but your pie hole won't shuddup. Clown.
Reading comprehension obviously continues to be a challenge to you, I'm not promoting the GTR you douche lord. Learn how to read and educate yourself for once you ignorant idiot. It's funny how the $100K juke costs more and is more respected and legendary than your 3-series but yet you clown on the car. If the Juke is that bad, what does that say about your ballin' 3-series??? Right, think about that for a moment before you spout something else out of your ignorant pie-hole, you dumb asshat.

Wishing death on somebody on an internet forum who disagrees with you?? Lol.....again just shows what a pathetic loser you are. The only wish I have for you is for you to grow a few more brain cells. Hell I would even settle for 2 neurons firing in your predominantly empty cranium, so that I can actually have an intelligent conversation with........but you're right, this is one of those wishes that never came to fruition.

Again what evidence of stock vs. stock GTR vs. M3/M4 are you taking about???
So who's the clown??? Right, I keep forgetting I'm talking to Bozo

Last edited by Ketamine_Dart; 02-16-2016 at 02:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 02:49 PM   #264
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Please, just stfu. No one cares about your feelings.
Appreciate 0