GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

06-18-2015, 08:05 AM   #23
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Yes, seriously.....what they did to your interior is outrageous, egregious, preposterous (sorry, had to channel Jackie Chiles there). Normally i'd take minor dealer issues in stride, but this is one of those things you just don't take lying down.

I agree that whatever you do, you need to be reasonable, open to options and give the dealership a chance to work with you to make it right. BMWNA should be made aware of this issue, but give your dealership a chance. In a way, they almost don't deserve that opportunity....it's wrong that they would have such a disinterest in QA of a clients car, regardless of them farming out the work. But you are reasonable, so you should handle it in a reasonable way. You'll probably be much more pleased with the results this way.......but always keep that finger on the "Nuclear Option".

As far as compensation goes, I do think you're entitled to something. What would make it "ok" for you (besides getting it back to normal)? For me, that would be something along the lines of a 1-day M School. Whatever you do, keep your expectations and "requests" reasonable. Try to avoid the 10K "Depreciation of Value" claims

My European Delivery Thread
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 09:16 AM   #24
secretariat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

I hope you didn't clean up the seats at all. Leave them the way they are. See what BMW(DEALERSHIP) has to say. As far as compensation for driving loaners I don't think dealership is going to do anything for you on that one. The dealership has to fix your ripped up leather, I don't know how they released the car to you in that condition. It's like they didn't even go over it before giving it back to you. Disgraceful.

The dealership is ultimately responsible for contracting out the rear windshield work, so it needs to be repaired correctly.

See if they will pick up a monthly payment or so, nothing wrong with asking. If dealership gives you any shit go to BMWNA with the pictures. Get them involved.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 09:34 AM   #25
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat
I hope you didn't clean up the seats at all. Leave them the way they are. See what BMW(DEALERSHIP) has to say. As far as compensation for driving loaners I don't think dealership is going to do anything for you on that one. The dealership has to fix your ripped up leather, I don't know how they released the car to you in that condition. It's like they didn't even go over it before giving it back to you. Disgraceful.

The dealership is ultimately responsible for contracting out the rear windshield work, so it needs to be repaired correctly.

See if they will pick up a monthly payment or so, nothing wrong with asking. If dealership gives you any shit go to BMWNA with the pictures. Get them involved.
yeah the dealership has been very good and apologetic. they just seem careless at this point. like you all have said, how would they not notice that and let me take it like that? it blows my mind they didn't inspect the work that THEY paid to have done. but they're fixing everything. I just want to be driving MY car.... not loaners. hahahaha so I just dropped it off right now and the service manager was very nice. offered up the M driving school thing. I didn't ask for it. I said I'd like some sort of compensation for days not in my own car at this point. if it were one thing I wouldn't care, but this is one thing after the next and just getting a little ridiculous. his response was, let's get this fixed first and we'll see what we can do. so I'll keep you all posted.
      06-19-2015, 11:16 PM   #26
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep

ok so car should hopefully be ready Monday or Tuesday. hopefully all is good. I will let them know to examine the car FULLY, BEFORE they call me to pick it up. and I will check the car like crazy before I leave. they claim they were able to "fix" the leather without ha I to completely replace it. I'm suuuuuper skeptical because that doesn't seem possible. so I will be checking that out really closely. they have also offered to send me to the M Performance school. so that's cool. I'll take that. so fingers crossed that everything is good to go when I pick it up this week.
      06-22-2015, 02:23 PM   #27
Charlie@McKennaBMWService
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Shelby GT350

Garage List
Looks like you're going to have to bring your vehicle to me for stellar service.
      06-22-2015, 02:26 PM   #28
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@McKennaBMWService
Looks like you're going to have to bring your vehicle to me for stellar service.
hahaha yeah..... 4 weeks of ownership and I've only had it in my possession for two of those weeks ugh
      06-25-2015, 10:49 AM   #29
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep

so just got the car back this morning. everything is good to go. I can't tell you how glad I am to have this car back! NOTHING else drives like this car. and I got a trip to the Performance driving school out in Thermal, CA out of it. so that's cool.
      06-25-2015, 11:04 AM   #30
Charlie@McKennaBMWService
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Shelby GT350

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duder View Post
I got a trip to the Performance driving school out in Thermal, CA out of it. so that's cool.
Oh man you're going to have a blast at Thermal, I know I did... I would take a daily driver out there because there's some dirt roads you may have to drive thru, so don't take your M car.
      06-25-2015, 12:38 PM   #31
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@McKennaBMWService
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duder View Post
I got a trip to the Performance driving school out in Thermal, CA out of it. so that's cool.
Oh man you're going to have a blast at Thermal, I know I did... I would take a daily driver out there because there's some dirt roads you may have to drive thru, so don't take your M car.
that's good to know. thanks! so glad to have my car back! new car smell is gone though after they detailed the inside.....