proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA

04-10-2020, 06:19 PM   #3147
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
anybody doing anything for Easter?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 07:36 PM   #3148
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Staying home. I'll probably wake up early, have some covfefe while watching the sun rise, then work on the garden or yard
      04-10-2020, 10:33 PM   #3149
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
anybody doing anything for Easter?
It's going to be a glorious Easter weekend. One of the twins is making Bolognese for tomorrow, and then he and the wife are making prime rib for Sunday.

It may not be healthy, but I do have a "do not revive" clause.............

You guys?
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18164.00
minn1914028.50
      04-10-2020, 11:41 PM   #3150
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

DNR is pretty standard around my house, but mostly because none of us want to be caught dead swapping spit

04-11-2020, 04:40 PM   #3151
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
It's going to be a glorious Easter weekend. One of the twins is making Bolognese for tomorrow, and then he and the wife are making prime rib for Sunday.

It may not be healthy, but I do have a "do not revive" clause.............

You guys?
It's maybe the most healthy thing you can eat as long as you have zero starchy carbs!

I know I'm a broken record, but state of diet advice in the World is just crazy; net-net, for most everyone: fats, or carbs, never mix. (and never high GI carbs unless you're a pro)
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 10:35 PM   #3152
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I like this dude's style:

Appreciate 2
Arcades8169.50
minn1914028.50
      04-13-2020, 03:40 PM   #3153
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Federalism increases ...

I wonder what % of the US economy those two regional alliances are? A lot I bet.
Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50
      04-13-2020, 03:44 PM   #3154
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Happy Easter~
GrussGott18164.00
minn1914028.50
      04-13-2020, 05:21 PM   #3155
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Happy Easter~
As a tangential point, I like how the Swedes do Easter.

Basically, AFAIK, on Thursday, the kids dress up as a witch/old lady with a broomstick and basket and they go door to door giving greetings and getting treats (sounds familiar!). Apparently this is because of folklore that says all the witches live on this island called Blåkulla (which is real - the island anyway) and they fly over on Easter for some reason. Many times, I guess the witch dresses are passed down from generation to generation.

Anyway, it's a way better tradition than the US has IMHO. I wonder if Lups can tell us about any weirdo Finnish Easter traditions ... or anyone else?

If it wasn't obvious, my point is, the new SSOTT Easter tradition is a bunny with a pancake on its head:

Happy Easter!
Appreciate 2
minn1914028.50
Arcades8169.50
      04-13-2020, 08:00 PM   #3156
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
If true (and it seems true based on the thread) this is horrifying and truly sad
Appreciate 2
minn1914028.50
      04-13-2020, 08:08 PM   #3157
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

On a lighter note from the pandemic, I thought this article was hilarious. Well written.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...r-jet-joyride/
Appreciate 3
minn1914028.50
GrussGott18164.00
      04-13-2020, 09:20 PM   #3158
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
On a lighter note from the pandemic, I thought this article was hilarious. Well written.

I read that, crazy. Glad everyone and the plane came out of it ok.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7929.00
      04-14-2020, 12:24 AM   #3159
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

The way it's written with the french words if fucking hilarious!
Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50
      04-20-2020, 04:02 PM   #3160
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
I... may or may not aim for a .2 GT3. Really, really want to take advantage of PFS being so low soon. The problem with the whole stay at home thing is I am unable to talk to the few close friends I have to get real feedback on what I should do.

I don't want to go through the headache of parting my M3 (as I would need to to sell). Then go through the headache of finding a buyer... redoing PPF again. Ugh.

My father and uncle's management got their PPP. The only hotel that doesn't seem to need it is the San Pedro one due to the luck it got from USNS Mercy being docked there. I am not 100% sure if they followed through with temporarily shutting down the other 4 hotels they have.
minn1914028.50
      04-20-2020, 07:04 PM   #3161
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I... may or may not aim for a .2 GT3. Really, really want to take advantage of PFS being so low soon.
what's the pfs? And are you saying if you got the GT3 you'll dump the M3?

net-net: if you think you'll be happier with the gt3 over the next 3-5 years than the m3 then do it. It's pretty unpredictable where the economy is going to go and what that'll do to auto markets if that's a concern. In general my guess is things will get much worse over the next 3-5 months vs better and that'll make for some good deals
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 07:38 PM   #3162
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I... may or may not aim for a .2 GT3. Really, really want to take advantage of PFS being so low soon.
what's the pfs? And are you saying if you got the GT3 you'll dump the M3?

net-net: if you think you'll be happier with the gt3 over the next 3-5 years than the m3 then do it. It's pretty unpredictable where the economy is going to go and what that'll do to auto markets if that's a concern. In general my guess is things will get much worse over the next 3-5 months vs better and that'll make for some good deals
Porsche Financial Service. They aren't known for low APR because they can get away with it but due to the economic situation, Porsche CA on Rennlist are saying PFS APR will drop down to 2.6x%. Considering our Macan S is about 4.5%, it's a big change. My parents and I all have Tier 1 credit.

Most ppl who swaps a lot of Porsche's tend to go through local credit unions. If this ends up being true, then I won't have to. My contact and friends at DTLA Porsche did confirm how overloaded with cars cuz they keep getting inventory and can't sell. With everything down in the dumps, if I have the opportunity, I want to attempt it. Especially with the upcoming 992 GT3 on the horizon, I should be able to argue the .2 down more.

The .2 GT3 would be permanent. I would lease things after that. I have done some rough calculations already regarding how much I have put into my M3, including the payoff to get the title. I may get close to getting that amount back if I sell everything correctly but I won't get everything back (duh). My issue is how picky I am with cars in general and I don't want to leave my M3 if I can avoid it but I cannot keep a M3 and GT3 at the same time.

P.S. nvm, our Macan is a 3.95%.

Last edited by Arcades; 04-20-2020 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18164.00
      04-21-2020, 12:45 AM   #3163
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Porsche Financial Service. They aren't known for low APR because they can get away with it but due to the economic situation, Porsche CA on Rennlist are saying PFS APR will drop down to 2.6x%.
It's always about the opportunity, but I'd say if you can, wait for the fire sale cause I think one's coming.

Last edited by GrussGott; 04-21-2020 at 01:11 AM..
Appreciate 2
minn1914028.50
Arcades8169.50
      04-21-2020, 12:50 AM   #3164
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
On another note, if you don't know who Thievery Corporation is, ignore this post. If you do, they just came out with a "symphonik" version of their best stuff and, man, is it awesome, especially Lebanese Blonde and Passing Stars. Audiophile gear may be required, but recordings have insane imaging with stellar vocals.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 09:56 AM   #3165
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
It's always about the opportunity, but I'd say if you can, wait for the fire sale cause I think one's coming.
^This, got my eye on a couple of leftover 19 RS5s sportbacks for S5 money. They've already been on the lot for months.
Appreciate 1
Arcades8169.50
      04-21-2020, 11:46 AM   #3166
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Quote:
^This, got my eye on a couple of leftover 19 RS5s sportbacks for S5 money. They've already been on the lot for months.
Oh THAT I know. I see RS3 on lots as well.

Considering the RS5 caught my attention, I'm ignoring it if the .2 GT3 happens.
minn1914028.50
      04-21-2020, 04:45 PM   #3167
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Quote:
Oh THAT I know. I see RS3 on lots as well.
Considering the RS5 caught my attention, I'm ignoring it if the .2 GT3 happens.
This may sound odd, but i'm concerned about (high) fuel prices over the next few years and beyond ... I've been watching the transition to electric energy and it's happening even faster than I thought. Sorry for the long post ...

People are missing a few things:

* Obviously $0 oil will make fuel cheap in the short-term, but will also kill small oil producing companies and disincent the creation of new ones; as well as hurting Big Oil, halting new projects, etc. Eventually, however, that decreasing supply of newly pumped oil and the decreasing supply of stored oil will get used up ... and it won't be cheap to restart pumping and there won't be as many companies to do it. At a minimum this will cause a delay, plus those companies that have survived will be looking to make up for their losses ...

* It's not ICE vs BEV, it's efficient-energy-point-of-access: when a consumer needs energy for any reason how do they access it? Most things are now electric except cars because it's just more convenient, familiar, and easy-to-use: it's at your house in your outlet. Petrol requires a separate trip ... which might be ok if you're out making trips but WFH, Amazon, covid ...

* Electric energy can be created directly by the consumer and is massively portable: not only can you charge, say, a Goal Zero Yeti battery with solar or wind, you can bring it anywhere with you to power anything with a plug, including using it for a backup generator for storms, etc. That's pretty convenient and removes consumer friction.

* As more devices turn electric (yard tools, etc) economies of scale shift over to them, making them cheaper, more variety, and more available; and simultaneously ICE becomes less available, less variety, and more expensive

* As home delivery increases there's going to be less need for gasoline (incl autonomous BEV delivery testing in Houston with up to 5000 vehicles!) which will disincent pumpers from pumping, refiners from refining, and gas stations from selling. (e.g., Amazon is buying 100,000 BEVs from Rivian for home delivery)

* Institutional investors have turned away from Big Oil leading to people like Jim Cramer calling it "dead" - this effectively makes new projects for oil companies more expensive so they take a double hit: fuel demand is dropping and costs of new projects are rising.

* Obviously all auto manufacturers have massive BEV projects (though they may be put on hold, we'll see), thus the new cars being produced will become more and more BEV, and consumers more easily making a choice for a car that happens to be BEV vs because it's BEV.

* China has committed to being the largest BEV builder by 2025, assuming that sticks, and if covid's lack of ICE traffic decreases people's tolerance for air pollution, and Europe continues with its regulatory trajectory, then the World's #1 and #3 vehicle markets will be full BEV

OTOH, yes, there are 10-20 years of cheap used ICE cars out there, very cheap to own, rural America hates BEVs, no pickup trucks, etc ...

... but if over the next 2 years fuel prices started rising and cheap used electric cars become more prevalent (e.g., Nissan Leaf, Prius, et al), and there are a real variety of BEV trucks (cybertruck, Rivian, Ford) and they're better, etc ...

I'm not making the oh no high gas prices argument, rather in 2-5 years ICE cars might be very hard to sell and used prices could fall significantly (and thus lease prices - at some point - will also increase significantly). For me, for the last 15 years, a fun ICE car has been worth ~$20k-$25k/year but I'm not gonna go higher than that and honestly I'm not sure it's still worth that much, though if there continues to be no ability to travel then maybe it still is ... but there's also no way I'm going to store a car I'm not using or maintain a 5+ year old car so ...

Anyway, if it's not obvious, I wrote this up to think it all through, and I'm pretty sure my line is $20k/year assuming I can use the car most days and do some sport driving a few times/month. If I can't then it's probably not worth that much and I would move that money to other hobbies.

Thanks for listening! Wait. Is anybody still listening? no? That's fair.

Last edited by GrussGott; 04-21-2020 at 04:54 PM..
Appreciate 1
minn1914028.50
      04-21-2020, 04:55 PM   #3168
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
On other topics, guess what this will mean!!!

Nothing, cause facts don't matter only identity does.
Appreciate 2
minn1914028.50