Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

09-29-2021, 08:12 PM   #1
hr55ngh
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition SMB

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [0.00]
EU/UK: OPF Deleter

Does anyone have any experience with OPF deleters that connect to the pressure sensors instead of mapping out via BM3?

In particular I'm interested in this one:
https://www.leib-engineering.de/en/l...bmw-m4-f82-f83

How hard is it to get to the back of the engine, I found a diagram that shows where these sensors are.

Has anyone got any experience with installing these. How hard is it to fit?

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 06:53 AM   #2
squixs
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

I installed it myself. I do not consider myself an experienced mechanic, far from it, so I guess anyone could do it.

You basically need to remove the same things as you need to do for a spark plug service.

The pressure sensors are located at the back of the engine, so you need to wriggle your hand between the engine and the engine bulkhead. The space is really tight (on the M2c), so it does require some patience. Most of the time you can't see what you're doing..

The connectors have a 2-step system where you need to "unlock" them first before you're able to pinch and remove them.

It isn't possible to click the connectors on top of the OEM pressure sensors (like the manual suggests), so I used tie-wraps to package them together as I was worried it was going to rattle.

I drive around with these connectors for a week now and so far no problems (no CEL light, noises)!

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Last edited by squixs; 12-22-2021 at 04:29 AM..
Appreciate 1