Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

02-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
Rick448
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Any suspension setup experts here?

Hi,

I have ACS RS coilers fitted to my 2015 M3 and have had the alignment set up at a reputable garage in the UK, that made a huge improvement in the handling, but I am still finding it a little harsh at times, especially when on some more bumpy roads or over crests. Here are some of the symptoms:

When driving over a smiling crest in the road quite quickly, the DSC will flash quite a lot and the car feels slightly unstable at the rear.

When on longer corners with bumps the car feels skittish at the rear, and often the DSC will flash.

The main issue appears to be at the rear, and my gut feeling is that the rebound, and possibly compression damping too are set too high. I am thinking that over a crest the suspension isn't rebounding quickly enough to keep the tyre in contact with the road.

Before I start playing around with settings, can anyone in the know give me their opinion?

Thanks

Rick
Appreciate 0