proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

04-21-2017, 11:29 PM   #23
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvaughan View Post
Just had my RS Pro's installed, and was wondering where the rebound for rear was. I presume they moved it to the bottom instead of up top? I haven't had a chance to look under the car yet.

Aside from that, loving the JRZ's. They seem to soak up bumps much better than my old KW CS.

Edit: guess I should've read the prior post. Mine are new so I guess I have the newest design.
If you have the new JRZ's, the rear rebound adjustment should be on the shock shaft. You have to jack up the rear to access it.

If you have the older one like most of us early adopters, the rear rebound adjustment is at the top of the shaft.
Appreciate 1
mcvaughan702.00
      04-23-2017, 11:49 AM   #24
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdisaral View Post
how bad is it? I have KW and it's so bouncy. I was thinking about changing it with JRZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw View Post
My rears are a little bouncy. I wonder if raising the compression would help this. Any thoughts?
FWIW, I find my JRZ RS Pro's smoother than my KW CS. Very happy with the switch. Street ability is very good, and I'm sure when I get to the track in a couple weekends I'll be like a pig in mud.
      12-01-2017, 01:59 AM   #25
mystermykee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 M4

Hi guys, sorry to revive an old thread but I'm a little confused with direction of the compression adjustment. I know that with JRZ full soft is clockwise. But looking at the picture, if you turn towards the "+", wouldn't that be clockwise, which means the compression should be getting softer? But "+" means harder.

If you use the rebound adjustment as a point of reference, then turning the compression knob clockwise relative to the rebound adjustment should be making the compression softer. If that's the case, I'd still be turning towards the "+"....

Am I overthinking this? Lol. Just trust the diagram? Haha. If that's the case, then rebound clockwise isn't the same compression clockwise. Turning towards the "+" for compression would make sense if I flipped the damper upside down to adjust the knob.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 02:09 PM   #26
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystermykee View Post
Hi guys, sorry to revive an old thread but I'm a little confused with direction of the compression adjustment. I know that with JRZ full soft is clockwise. But looking at the picture, if you turn towards the "+", wouldn't that be clockwise, which means the compression should be getting softer? But "+" means harder.

If you use the rebound adjustment as a point of reference, then turning the compression knob clockwise relative to the rebound adjustment should be making the compression softer. If that's the case, I'd still be turning towards the "+"....

Am I overthinking this? Lol. Just trust the diagram? Haha. If that's the case, then rebound clockwise isn't the same compression clockwise. Turning towards the "+" for compression would make sense if I flipped the damper upside down to adjust the knob.
Counter-clockwise is stiffer.
      09-28-2018, 04:58 AM   #27
Donger Kim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY16 M3

Those who drilled, did you use a rubber tube/grommet to make sure the wire for the knob doesn’t kink/rattle?

Anyone here also put a hole in the carpet for a clean final install?

I’ve yet to drill mine...
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 02:49 PM   #28
MetalsMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mineral Gray M3

I'm setting up a new set of jrz rs twos this weekend, replacing my kw has setup. Any recommendations on where to set the collar for not such a dramatic drop up front as the KW gave me? Maybe an inch up front from stock and 3/4" rear from stock?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 03:38 PM   #29
Donger Kim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalsMan View Post
I'm setting up a new set of jrz rs twos this weekend, replacing my kw has setup. Any recommendations on where to set the collar for not such a dramatic drop up front as the KW gave me? Maybe an inch up front from stock and 3/4" rear from stock?

Thanks in advance!
I would say 20mm from the starting of the thread to the bottom of the perch, or roughly “two spring perches” worth. That gave me a modest drop (on 19x9.5 265/35/19 +19ET) of roughly .5 finger lol
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 04:13 PM   #30
MetalsMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mineral Gray M3

Thanks! I'll plan to start there. Appreciate it
Appreciate 0