ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

08-11-2019, 07:00 PM   #23
coldsteelrain
driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_12347 View Post
Took the car into a very good independent exhaust shop today, they did a thorough check for me and also concluded that install-wise, everything looks good. There's no contact between the chassis, clamps are tight, tips are secure.

They did hear the drone, attributed it mostly to the design of the rear muffler and the fact that the stock resonator is taken out as part of the MPE. They're saying it's pretty normal. Asked them about some options to put the stock resonator back in with the MPE, but they wouldn't touch it.

So looks like it may just not be the right exhaust for me. Going to start looking into a switch back to a ZCP & stock midpipe, so this MPE might be up on the classifieds soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
You can easily get 4k and a Comp exhaust for your MPE you so would be in the money.

Have you ever heard someone elses MPE to compare?
I have heard another MPE at the dealer on an M3 ZCP and I didn't notice these issues. However it was only for a short time and on a cold car, so I may have not gotten the full experience of it.

I will try to look around for some options on the Comp and maybe post to the forum, buying the parts new is hopefully a last resort. The tricky/costly part is the stock mid-pipe with the resonator if I have to buy new. Hopefully can find a fairly new ZCP with the entire piping that was cut.

Thanks for all the help guys!
I would still find a different shop that's willing to add the stock resonator to your exhaust. But in either case good luck
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 01:11 PM   #24
wdskukm3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 and Model P3D

Maybe see if you can readjust all the clamps that holds the rear pipe to the exhaust. There is also a wire that might be hitting the back side of the exhaust heat shield from the vibration of the exhaust. Check that and see if its loose or not. On my car it sounded like my rear differential was grinding. So I changed all the diff fluid and it was still there. Come to find out it was either the exhaust clamps were loose or the wire behind the heat shield was vibrating against the shield cause a weird grinding sound. So I just redid all my clamps on the exhaust and readjusted the wire and that fixed the problem. It was really annoying for the past 1/2 year listening to the sound every time I drive the car.