Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-06-2021, 02:13 PM   #397
Darth One
drunk poster
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
4590
Rep
3,115
Posts

Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

The thing about selling at the top of the market is that you're also buying its replacement at the top of the market. Unless you're ok having one less special car, and planning to take the money and run
Appreciate 1
786285.50
      05-06-2021, 11:16 PM   #398
johnc_m4
Second Lieutenant
77
Rep
240
Posts

Drives: 2018 Grigio Medio M4
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Covina Hills

iTrader: (1)

My client has one and he will be selling it soon. It only has 6 miles and it's black too, my favorite. Hit me up if you're interested in more details
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 12:44 AM   #399
Lienrocs
Captain
Lienrocs's Avatar
548
Rep
739
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, M4 GTS, HP4
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Encinitas

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc_m4 View Post
My client has one and he will be selling it soon. It only has 6 miles and it's black too, my favorite. Hit me up if you're interested in more details
What kind of service records does the car have? That's a collectors dream right there.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 08:26 AM   #400
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
FormulaMMM's Avatar
United_States
2836
Rep
3,133
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
I know. It's an animal. It's a great car and I love it to pieces. But I have seriously bad ADD. Now that it's a finished project I don't know what to do with all my free time.
With what you've put into optimization, not sure what you'd find as a suitable replacement. Not to say there aren't awesome alternatives and distractions, but just seems like you'd want to circle back around.

Experience, appearance, dynamics, think GTS is a really tough one to replace. (And that's before perfecting it.)

There was a frozen grey in a different run group at an event last weekend. Man I wanted a drive...
__________________
M4 GTS, Z/28, GT3, C63 S | E90 M3s, E39 M5

Appreciate 2
Lienrocs547.50
fanatic1814.00
      05-07-2021, 08:51 AM   #401
Lienrocs
Captain
Lienrocs's Avatar
548
Rep
739
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, M4 GTS, HP4
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Encinitas

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
I know. It's an animal. It's a great car and I love it to pieces. But I have seriously bad ADD. Now that it's a finished project I don't know what to do with all my free time.
With what you've put into optimization, not sure what you'd find as a suitable replacement. Not to say there aren't awesome alternatives and distractions, but just seems like you'd want to circle back around.

Experience, appearance, dynamics, think GTS is a really tough one to replace. (And that's before perfecting it.)

There was a frozen grey in a different run group at an event last weekend. Man I wanted a drive...
I don't think I could find a suitable replacement either. It's a fantastic car. It still makes me giggle every time I walk into the garage. Half the time I forget why I walked in there because I get distracted by it.
Appreciate 3
FormulaMMM2836.00
786285.50
fanatic1814.00
      05-07-2021, 08:57 AM   #402
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
FormulaMMM's Avatar
United_States
2836
Rep
3,133
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
I don't think I could find a suitable replacement either. It's a fantastic car. It still makes me giggle every time I walk into the garage. Half the time I forget why I walked in there because I get distracted by it.
I'm also about 16 years old every time I'm around it. Keeper.
__________________
M4 GTS, Z/28, GT3, C63 S | E90 M3s, E39 M5

Appreciate 2
Lienrocs547.50
fanatic1814.00
      05-07-2021, 09:47 AM   #403
786
Second Lieutenant
786's Avatar
286
Rep
285
Posts

Drives: M4 GTS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Experience, appearance, dynamics, think GTS is a really tough one to replace. (And that's before perfecting it.)
I agree, I don't get time to drive mine much but every time I see it sat in the garage it puts a smile on my face. It's just so special. It would have to be a pretty mighty thing to replace it. Let's see what the new GT3 Touring is like and especially the upcoming 50th Anniversary RS in 2023.
__________________
IG: @iivvx
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 12:58 PM   #404
Secret Chimp
Private
66
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: M4 GTS, Lotus Exige S, 61 Mini
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
The thing about selling at the top of the market is that you're also buying its replacement at the top of the market. Unless you're ok having one less special car, and planning to take the money and run
Not sure this is much of an issue for most of us. If I sold my GTS, I would still have three other cars in my garage to use and enjoy. I could easily sit out the craziness in the new/used car market and buy my next toy once things settle in a year or two.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 01:10 PM   #405
Darth One
drunk poster
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
4590
Rep
3,115
Posts

Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Chimp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
The thing about selling at the top of the market is that you're also buying its replacement at the top of the market. Unless you're ok having one less special car, and planning to take the money and run
Not sure this is much of an issue for most of us. If I sold my GTS, I would still have three other cars in my garage to use and enjoy. I could easily sit out the craziness in the new/used car market and buy my next toy once things settle in a year or two.
If so, it's the perfect time to sell! If anyone is thinking about selling
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 01:24 PM   #406
fanatic1
Captain
fanatic1's Avatar
United_States
814
Rep
747
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4 CS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Encinitas/San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Chimp View Post
Not sure this is much of an issue for most of us. If I sold my GTS, I would still have three other cars in my garage to use and enjoy. I could easily sit out the craziness in the new/used car market and buy my next toy once things settle in a year or two.
This ^^^^

Need bigger garages….
__________________
19 M4 CS LRG MPE
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 07:23 AM   #407
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
FormulaMMM's Avatar
United_States
2836
Rep
3,133
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 786 View Post
I agree, I don't get time to drive mine much but every time I see it sat in the garage it puts a smile on my face. It's just so special. It would have to be a pretty mighty thing to replace it. Let's see what the new GT3 Touring is like and especially the upcoming 50th Anniversary RS in 2023.
Those will be remarkable for sure, and the use contexts are similar to GTS, but very different driving experiences.

Increasingly it looks to me like the GTS will not be replaceable by an upcoming model. so if you bounce, you're checking out of the GTS driving formula for good. And in my view the pinnacle of "traditional" & aggressive M design as well.
__________________
M4 GTS, Z/28, GT3, C63 S | E90 M3s, E39 M5

Appreciate 2
redrumm3351.50
786285.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST