R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

04-30-2021, 01:34 PM   #67
SFV818
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i - BM3 Stage 2 FBO

lol lets not turn this into a X-PH pros/cons thread....My first order arrived fairly quickly, but im still waiting on an exhaust ordered back on 3/5. I was told it would arrive 4/25 then on 4/24 i'm told 5/9. Now i'm being told 5/25. Since I posted this comment i'll be lucky if it arrives before 2022 lol. Better to just order from the manufacturer as X-PH (in my experience) either just dropships or orders from middlemen vendors like Turn14 so there's bound to be delays.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 04:25 PM   #68
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

NOT!

Mike rocks.
Bought tons of stuff...
      04-30-2021, 04:40 PM   #69
aliiin
I use my turn signal
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tercel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV818 View Post
lol lets not turn this into a X-PH pros/cons thread....My first order arrived fairly quickly, but im still waiting on an exhaust ordered back on 3/5. I was told it would arrive 4/25 then on 4/24 i'm told 5/9. Now i'm being told 5/25. Since I posted this comment i'll be lucky if it arrives before 2022 lol. Better to just order from the manufacturer as X-PH (in my experience) either just dropships or orders from middlemen vendors like Turn14 so there's bound to be delays.
Honestly just sounds like the manufacturer is having problems and delays (happens often when you order car parts). Mike is just the middle man, don't kill the messenger.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 10:05 AM   #70
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliiin View Post
Honestly just sounds like the manufacturer is having problems and delays (happens often when you order car parts). Mike is just the middle man, don't kill the messenger.
aliiin you are 100% correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
NOT!

Mike rocks.
Bought tons of stuff...
Thank you

Quote:
X-PH (in my experience) either just dropships or orders from middlemen vendors like Turn14 so there's bound to be delays.
You are more than welcome to visit our 6000 sq feet location and check out all the in-stock items. It's just impossible to have all 20 000 items on the website on hand at all times

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 06:31 PM   #71
SFV818
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliiin View Post
I'm not "killing the messenger" lol. And yes Mike/X-PH is just the "middle man" except they also order from a "middle man"... so it makes even more sense to order directly from the manufacturer when possible to have the best chance of avoiding delays...

Sure, maybe the manufacturer is having problems/delays but the same manufacturer had no problems getting me my midpipe (ordered from Europsort) which was built to order at the same time as the exhaust (ordered from X-PH) yet they will arrive at least a month apart...

I have no problem with delays as i've waited 2 months already... I just don't like getting told the day before something is about to arrive that its now another 2 weeks and then a few days later now its another month. The manufacturer even confirmed it shouldn't be this difficult to get a status update on the order so I believe these delays have to do with X-PH ordering from another company who has then ordered from the manufacturer. TL;DR: I should have skipped X-PH and X-PH's middleman and ordered directly from the manufacturer....or maybe just ordered everything through Eurosport.....Oh well, just patiently waiting now.

Last edited by SFV818; 05-02-2021 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 06:49 PM   #72
SFV818
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
aliiin you are 100% correct

Thank you

You are more than welcome to visit our 6000 sq feet location and check out all the in-stock items. It's just impossible to have all 20 000 items on the website on hand at all times

Sounds good, maybe next time i'm in Vegas i will stop by. I'm not trying to hate on your company. I've spent close to $5k with you guys in the past 6 months and could've spent it elsewhere. It would just be appreciated if your site clearly labeled when an item is not in stock at your warehouse and will take 4-6 weeks MINIMUM to build and ship. Maybe also a notice that says the product could take over 12 weeks/3 months/a quarter of a year to build and ship as is my case here. This might dissuade some people from ordering said product...

I was told 4 days after ordering the product on 3/5 that it was out of stock and now expected on 4/25. I was given the option to get my money back or wait. I chose to wait it out. I tried to get an update on my order status for 2 weeks leading up to 4/25 just to make sure it was still on track to arrive. Then the day before my expected delivery, i'm told the item is now expected on 5/9. Then a few days later, i'm told 5/25. Now i'm just a little paranoid this is going to keep getting delayed indefinitely.
Appreciate 1
VeloF1318.00
      05-03-2021, 08:40 AM   #73
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Sounds good, maybe next time i'm in Vegas i will stop by. I'm not trying to hate on your company. I've spent close to $5k with you guys in the past 6 months and could've spent it elsewhere. It would just be appreciated if your site clearly labeled when an item is not in stock at your warehouse and will take 4-6 weeks MINIMUM to build and ship. Maybe also a notice that says the product could take over 12 weeks/3 months/a quarter of a year to build and ship as is my case here. This might dissuade some people from ordering said product...

I was told 4 days after ordering the product on 3/5 that it was out of stock and now expected on 4/25. I was given the option to get my money back or wait. I chose to wait it out. I tried to get an update on my order status for 2 weeks leading up to 4/25 just to make sure it was still on track to arrive. Then the day before my expected delivery, i'm told the item is now expected on 5/9. Then a few days later, i'm told 5/25. Now i'm just a little paranoid this is going to keep getting delayed indefinitely.
I don't think you are hating on the company; I feel you are making assumptions that are not true. Your complaints are valid, but your solution is not.

For example, you say you should order direct and then talk about the delays. Ordering direct would not have solved the delay.

Here are 3 positives you get when ordering from us:

1- The price is almost always lower

2- you get to email us, call us, text us or even dm us on the forums for an instant response. Manufacturers are focused on making products, and most of them take days to respond to customer's questions.

3- It's always faster to order from us, as first, we check our stock, if we don't have the item, we'll check with the manufacturer, if they don't have it, we'll check with distributors. We're pretty much looking to get you the item the fastest possible way.

I cannot think of a single positive you get when buying an item from the manufacturer vs. us.

Again, I don't think you are hating on the company, just making assumptions based on a lack of info on what goes on behind the scenes (for example saying we always dropship when we've got a 6000 sq feet warehouse full of products in stock and ready to ship)

You make a valid point regarding website stock. Unfortunately, this requires manual work as for the website to automatically check and update qty, all parties involved need to have an API system setup.
Since this is not the case, we manually update stock on the website. Of course, with 20 000 products, the process has its flaws.

You are always welcome to check stock with us before placing an order.

Phone number 702-494-9435

Last edited by mike@x-ph.com; 05-03-2021 at 08:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 02:18 PM   #74
SFV818
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
I don't think you are hating on the company; I feel you are making assumptions that are not true. Your complaints are valid, but your solution is not.

For example, you say you should order direct and then talk about the delays. Ordering direct would not have solved the delay.

Here are 3 positives you get when ordering from us:

1- The price is almost always lower

2- you get to email us, call us, text us or even dm us on the forums for an instant response. Manufacturers are focused on making products, and most of them take days to respond to customer's questions.

3- It's always faster to order from us, as first, we check our stock, if we don't have the item, we'll check with the manufacturer, if they don't have it, we'll check with distributors. We're pretty much looking to get you the item the fastest possible way.

I cannot think of a single positive you get when buying an item from the manufacturer vs. us.

Again, I don't think you are hating on the company, just making assumptions based on a lack of info on what goes on behind the scenes (for example saying we always dropship when we've got a 6000 sq feet warehouse full of products in stock and ready to ship)

You make a valid point regarding website stock. Unfortunately, this requires manual work as for the website to automatically check and update qty, all parties involved need to have an API system setup.
Since this is not the case, we manually update stock on the website. Of course, with 20 000 products, the process has its flaws.

You are always welcome to check stock with us before placing an order.

Understood and appreciate your response. To be fair, I said, "(in my experience)" in regards to X-PH either dropshipping or ordering from a middleman as this was the case with both my orders. I didn't say "always" as I expected X-PH must have some products in stock ready to ship...just not the products I ordered.

It sounds like the exhaust I ordered almost always has a minimum 4-6 week turnaround so I think placing a notice on your website for "made/built-to-order" products like these is just good business practice. Other vendors do it as well. Just my opinion as a customer. Will be sure to check stock in advance if I order from X-PH again in the future.
Appreciate 1