GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

04-03-2021, 08:58 PM   #1
mynameisplayer
SCHNELL
Rep
Drives: F15 50i, E46, E90, Crafter van

Bathurst BMW 6 hour on now

May be other cars as well, not sure
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 02:19 AM   #2
mynameisplayer
SCHNELL
Rep

SVG wins
F80/2 1-2-3-4
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 03:04 PM   #3
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisplayer View Post
SVG wins
F80/2 1-2-3-4
Went up for this as we sponsor David Russell so spent a lot of time in the pits with the Sherrin crew, great day with fantastic weather.
Also had great access to the media room for the presentations and post interviews
The BMW's ran great all day.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 04:35 AM   #4
robbo mcs
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
Went up for this as we sponsor David Russell so spent a lot of time in the pits with the Sherrin crew, great day with fantastic weather.
Also had great access to the media room for the presentations and post interviews
The BMW's ran great all day.
David Russell is a very underated driver. Always been extremely fast in whatever category he has been in. He crewed with us at Targa one year, sadly had to drive me back into town in the flatbed, with my car on the tray

I raced with and against the Sherrins for a long time, both Ian and Grant, as well as Mike. Also used their guys for service crew. Good guys, and lots of good memories Glad to see they are going well
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 04:44 PM   #5
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo mcs View Post
David Russell is a very underated driver. Always been extremely fast in whatever category he has been in. He crewed with us at Targa one year, sadly had to drive me back into town in the flatbed, with my car on the tray

I raced with and against the Sherrins for a long time, both Ian and Grant, as well as Mike. Also used their guys for service crew. Good guys, and lots of good memories Glad to see they are going well
Agree on David Russell, he was the only driver to stay close to SVG lap times but unfortunately the car was down a little on power.
One thing all drivers complained about were the Indian Tires...most described them as driving in the wet...or as some said downright dangerous.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 05:31 PM   #6
sydpete
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisplayer View Post
SVG wins
F80/2 1-2-3-4
That's pretty impressive. Does anyone know how close to OEM the cars are or what mods are allowed ?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 04:37 AM   #7
mynameisplayer
SCHNELL
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
Agree on David Russell, he was the only driver to stay close to SVG lap times but unfortunately the car was down a little on power.
One thing all drivers complained about were the Indian Tires...most described them as driving in the wet...or as some said downright dangerous.
Appreciate 0