Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

04-30-2020, 04:44 PM   #23
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youneversal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGunn View Post
Dealers aren't being very aggressive with their pricing yet from my experience. Been in the Market for 16/17 M3 or M4 with Manual trans. Throwing some lowball offers that aren't insulting by any means and they'll come down like $500 haha Guess I'll be waiting
I've also been emailing dealerships asking for offers and incentives on both leases for M4's and CPO vehicles. I've had no luck finding any real "deals" or dealers willing to reduce prices.

One dealership in Southern California flat out told me that their prices are already discounted and there's no negotiating. I then got an email a week later from the same sales guy telling me he sold 2 M4's on the weekend...

Well I assume there may be more demand and interest in enthusiast vehicles like M3 and M4... The market is the market and if used car prices are dropping and people are losing their jobs they are going to be less potential buyers and prices are going to have to come down. I'm not an expert but if I was looking to buy I think I would want to hang on for a couple more months and watch what happens

The cars are going to continue to come
Off lease, and the prices sure as hell are not going to go up ...so waiting only gives you the potential to see prices drop if it happens.
I've also been shopping around for an 18 M3 nationwide but I think I actually got a "no brainer" deal for a frozen blue M3 CS with just over 4k miles. It was priced on Autotrader at 62k which was significantly lower than any other CS I've seen so far. I asked for pictures and the Las Vegas dealer replied within the hour. I liked the car but I wasn't exactly looking for a CS and noted that to the agent.

A day or so later he reached out to me again and told me to send him an offer "the worst we can say is no." I offered 57k and he replied that the sales manager was ok with that and sent me an invoice to sign and set up a deposit to secure the car. Seemed like a GREAT deal for a low mileage rare colored CS.
Clean Carfax?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 04:48 PM   #24
Youneversal
Rep
Drives: '09 335xi

Yes I believe so, one owner as well
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #25
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Congrats!
      04-30-2020, 05:11 PM   #26
Youneversal
Rep
Drives: '09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
Quote:
Congrats!
Oh no I guess I wasn't clear lol. I didn't end up buying it since I wasn't particularly interested in the CS. I'm hoping to eventually pick up a SMB ZCP M3. We'll see whenever that ends up happening.

I just wanted to mention that specific car because in my eyes it seemed like a great deal
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2020, 06:55 PM   #27
mtr3s
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

I am confused. Why did you make an offer on a car you don't want to purchase?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 07:36 PM   #28
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtr3s View Post
This. Why would you waste everyone's time with this nonsense if it wasn't a car you were interested in?
Appreciate 1
trendy26420.50
      05-04-2020, 11:56 PM   #29
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtr3s View Post
This. Why would you waste everyone's time with this nonsense if it wasn't a car you were interested in?
My thoughts exactly..... Especially with how much the dealers are struggling right now, the last thing they need is anyone wasting their time....
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 11:29 AM   #30
Sherhart
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Vert & 2015 RR Sport

As much as dealers are made out to be the bad guy, I always make a point to negotiate out of good faith. If I give them an offer and they accept, the deal is done. That has yet to happen as there is always some back and forth, but I have never pursued a car I was not serious about buying.

Youeversal - I am guessing you are a younger member, so could be an experience thing. As others have said, not cool. One day you'll be on the receiving end, so you'll get it.

Jim
Appreciate 0