proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

04-24-2020, 12:41 PM   #1101
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Took down a pure stage 2 335 from a 70-80 roll to 130 mph I gave him a one car head start.

Model 3 is getting quicker up top and we have a update around the corner.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-p1O2rH7pd/
Isn’t Pure stage 2 335 capable of being in the 10s with traps around 130?

And you were able to reel him back in after letting him get the jump? Is it possible your customer is lying about the level of mods, or that the tune is a very conservative baseline / 91 octane tune?

Guess I thought 130mph traps plus a jump would be too much for model 3P but nice win

The latest update which beefed up track mode to have built in data logger and lap timer and 20 stage traction control and awd torque bias was nice, not to mention factory option for 245 wide cup 2 and track pads.

I am trying to see if I can buy the track pads separately, as I would like to go with a wider 19” wheel for a track specific setup.

Can you post more details on the update?

By the way, I just got my sept 2018 build car updated with the FSD computer, and have the stop light, stop sign, road markings (including traffic codes and garbage bins, lol) update. Seeing those details on the screen and knowing the car can detect those inputs make it seem like FSD is getting closer.

As a bonus, the car’s driving when using autopilot has become a lot smoother. It changes lanes more confidently and doesn’t get as overwhelmed by gaps in road markings

Last edited by nicknaz; 04-24-2020 at 12:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 10:41 AM   #1102
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post

And you were able to reel him back in after letting him get the jump? Is it possible your customer is lying about the level of mods, or that the tune is a very conservative baseline / 91 octane tune?

Guess I thought 130mph traps plus a jump would be too much for model 3P but nice win

The latest update which beefed up track mode to have built in data logger and lap timer and 20 stage traction control and awd torque bias was nice, not to mention factory option for 245 wide cup 2 and track pads.

I am trying to see if I can buy the track pads separately, as I would like to go with a wider 19” wheel for a track specific setup.

By the way, I just got my sept 2018 build car updated with the FSD computer, and have the stop light, stop sign, road markings (including traffic codes and garbage bins, lol) update. Seeing those details on the screen and knowing the car can detect those inputs make it seem like FSD is getting closer.

As a bonus, the car’s driving when using autopilot has become a lot smoother. It changes lanes more confidently and doesn’t get as overwhelmed by gaps in road markings
No hes a good friend for many years. We ran multiple times and every time I jumped him hard. wasn't worth posting. This particular run I gave him a car head start and let him start before I hit it. I would think hes making 450whp or less.

His mod list
e90 335n55

AA downpipe
AA charge pipe
Pure stage 2 turbo
Some custom tune for 93 octane logged through mhd
stage 2 low pressure fuel pump.

Last edited by SflBimmer8484; 04-27-2020 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 11:35 AM   #1103
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

If you find those pads please post or pm me ! aftermarket pads are super expensive for this car. mountain pass and unplugged.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 10:44 PM   #1104
Mr Friese
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

So I'm starting to sniff around for my next car and the Model 3 P has my attention. That said, does anyone know if there is a mid-cycle refresh or something similar in the pipeline? I know that hasn't been Tesla's "thing" but I wouldn't want to jump in soon and then have a face-lifted version come out.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 01:41 AM   #1105
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Friese View Post
So I'm starting to sniff around for my next car and the Model 3 P has my attention. That said, does anyone know if there is a mid-cycle refresh or something similar in the pipeline? I know that hasn't been Tesla's "thing" but I wouldn't want to jump in soon and then have a face-lifted version come out.
What is refreshing is Tesla doesn't seem to play the "LCI" game that BMW does. Having driven BMWs since my late teens and all the way to my early 40s, I've come to realize the marketing game BMW plays with these refreshes. LCIs are designed at the same time as the original cars are released and they are just mostly cosmetic changes with some technical updates thrown in for good measure. Tesla doesn't seem to play this game. The 2018 Model 3 gets the same update as my 2020. Yes, earlier cars have HW2.5 FSD computers where the latest have HW3. Unlike BMW, Tesla wants you to have HW3 and will upgrade you eventually. Good luck getting BMW to replace ID4 with ID5 or ID6, etc. No way Jose! You need to just buy a new BWM if you want the latest and greatest. That's the old way of doing business. Tesla is disrupting that and I love it. Can't wait to get the next update that allows my car to stop at stop lights/signs on AP. Thats why BMW is getting smoked at their own game b/c Tesla is bringing it to them with a business model that they've never wanted to be a part of.
Appreciate 4
chris7197334.00
rallybull179.00
ogakul16.00
      04-29-2020, 08:25 AM   #1106
ZCD1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Friese View Post
I haven’t heard anything of substance.

Tesla tends to make running changes, sometimes without even mentioning it. The Model 3 has received revised seats, different suspension tuning and extra sound deadening during its model run, but those changes weren’t necessarily directly related to any specific model year.

The Model 3P also got grey wheels beginning during the ‘20 model year, but I believe that there were early ‘20s that still had silver wheels.

Bottom line is that with OTA updates, Teslas stay much more current (ha!) in their UI and performance than other cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 01:15 PM   #1107
blinkme323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

I decided to play around with the Tesla trade in site and submitted my M3cs with ~2500 miles on it. Needless to say, I was offered 39k lol...
      04-29-2020, 03:34 PM   #1108
jrkal2
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
I decided to play around with the Tesla trade in site and submit my M3cs with ~2500 miles on it. Needless to say, I was offered 39k lol
My goodness that is offensive. You sure their software had the CS in there? Seems like a base quote.

EDIT: Even if it were a base '18... just lol at that number
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 05:57 PM   #1109
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkal2 View Post
My goodness that is offensive. You sure their software had the CS in there? Seems like a base quote.

I mean, CS needed heavy discounting to move when new, so I think it will take a while for it to be appreciated by the used car market.

Check out the other thread in the main forum on how much f80 trade in values have been affected by covid.

That being said, if you were in serious talks to get a new car (from a traditional dealer) I’m sure something could be worked out.

I think a place like tesla, with no non Tesla used car infrastructure, just sends the cars out to auction, so that’s why you’re seeing low trade in values.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 06:00 PM   #1110
blinkme323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Quote:

I mean, CS needed heavy discounting to move when new, so I think it will take a while for it to be appreciated by the used car market.

Check out the other thread in the main forum on how much f80 trade in values have been affected by covid.

That being said, if you were in serious talks to get a new car (from a traditional dealer) I'm sure something could be worked out.

I think a place like tesla, with no non Tesla used car infrastructure, just sends the cars out to auction, so that's why you're seeing low trade in values.
They definitely had the CS as an option. However they must have caught it now, as someone reached out to me via text and said that they are having issues with their "trade in system" and they will have to evaluate it manually.
      04-29-2020, 07:53 PM   #1111
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That being said, if you were in serious talks to get a new car (from a traditional dealer) I'm sure something could be worked out.

I think a place like tesla, with no non Tesla used car infrastructure, just sends the cars out to auction, so that's why you're seeing low trade in values.
They definitely had the CS as an option. However they must have caught it now, as someone reached out to me via text and said that they are having issues with their "trade in system" and they will have to evaluate it manually.
I think that's the case. Cs's are trading in for high 60's and selling for mid 70's. I was offered 68k for mines just yesterday after I submitted a trade in request. Initially it was high 40's like yours until they figured it out.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 09:52 PM   #1112
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrae26 View Post
I think that's the case. Cs's are trading in for high 60's and selling for mid 70's. I was offered 68k for mines just yesterday after I submitted a trade in request. Initially it was high 40's like yours until they figured it out.
My $0.02, hang on to your m3cs. F80 are looking like they are holding better value than f82 and cs will eventually get appreciated.

Everything is going electric and model 3P is the future, so unless you need or want the driver assist features or car pool lane sticker, then hold on to your gas car because you won’t be able to get anything new like it again.
Appreciate 1
Andrae26852.00
      05-10-2020, 03:59 PM   #1113
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I decided to play around with the Tesla trade in site and submitted my M3cs with ~2500 miles on it. Needless to say, I was offered 39k lol...
Trade in prices seem to be at an all time low right now with the whole covid 19 thing going on. I cant blame them wanting to keep stock low and cash in hand.

Quick example of a friends trade in 2014 335 with 63k miles.

4 months ago before covid car max offered 18k

Today tesla offer 10,100 and carmax offers 11k .

Last edited by SflBimmer8484; 05-10-2020 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 04:47 PM   #1114
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrae26 View Post
My $0.02, hang on to your m3cs. F80 are looking like they are holding better value than f82 and cs will eventually get appreciated.

Everything is going electric and model 3P is the future, so unless you need or want the driver assist features or car pool lane sticker, then hold on to your gas car because you won’t be able to get anything new like it again.
I'm holding on now.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 04:58 PM   #1115
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

100% agree.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 03:10 PM   #1116
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

Elon is crazy. I’m not giving him any of my money.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50
      05-17-2020, 12:48 AM   #1117
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M3 View Post
Elon is crazy. I’m not giving him any of my money.
Lol. Regardless of how he’s perceived, the product is really great IMHO.

I just got home from a canyon fun run with a friend driving a 991.1 base pdk, and my model 3P (stock, down to the 235 square P4S tires, 71% SoC at the start of the run) had no trouble hanging in the corners and reeling it in on the straights.

The only drawback is my consumption was 550wh/mi, or 122 miles range from a 90% charged battery!
Appreciate 1
JTO245274.50
      05-17-2020, 12:58 AM   #1118
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lol. Regardless of how he’s perceived, the product is really great IMHO.

I just got home from a canyon fun run with a friend driving a 991.1 base pdk, and my model 3P (stock, down to the 235 square P4S tires, 71% SoC at the start of the run) had no trouble hanging in the corners and reeling it in on the straights.

The only drawback is my consumption was 550wh/mi, or 122 miles range from a 90% charged battery!
The TM3P is no slouch and despite the supercar performance, it's not as fun as an F80. Silent performance just isn't the same as hearing the roar of an engine. Plus you start to feel the heavy battery in the turns. Neither car is perfect and I kinda feel you need both to have the best of both worlds.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 10:36 AM   #1119
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
The TM3P is no slouch and despite the supercar performance, it's not as fun as an F80. Silent performance just isn't the same as hearing the roar of an engine. Plus you start to feel the heavy battery in the turns. Neither car is perfect and I kinda feel you need both to have the best of both worlds.
Oh for sure. Ev commuter + gas toy car is where it’s at IMHO

Have you hit up the aftermarket for brakes wheels and tires on your model 3P, or are you still using the non sport suspension and all season 18s?
Appreciate 1
JTO245274.50
      05-18-2020, 08:47 PM   #1120
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh for sure. Ev commuter + gas toy car is where it’s at IMHO

Have you hit up the aftermarket for brakes wheels and tires on your model 3P, or are you still using the non sport suspension and all season 18s?
No, its going to just stay stock. I actually like that its pretty comfy with the 18s and non-sport suspension. The only time you can tell its a Performance is when you fell nauseous and light headed when accelerating . I get a lot of complaints from the wife and kids that its not that fun to feel like that hahah.

Its too bad they canned the Performance Stealth. It was a steal for only $2500 more for super car acceleration. Now they're cashing in on existing LR AWD owners with the software update speed boost that makes it as fast as an F80 which is kinda nuts.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 10:48 PM   #1121
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
No, its going to just stay stock. I actually like that its pretty comfy with the 18s and non-sport suspension. The only time you can tell its a Performance is when you fell nauseous and light headed when accelerating . I get a lot of complaints from the wife and kids that its not that fun to feel like that hahah.

Its too bad they canned the Performance Stealth. It was a steal for only $2500 more for super car acceleration. Now they're cashing in on existing LR AWD owners with the software update speed boost that makes it as fast as an F80 which is kinda nuts.
Well, I can see why you think f80 needs to stick around with that tire and suspension setup, and why you say you notice the battery in the corners.

Could I interest you in stock sport suspension and 20s? I’ve been wondering about full coilovers and 275 wide cup 2 tires?

That’s a neat setup. Super sleeper.
Appreciate 2
Jockey3449.50
JTO245274.50
      05-18-2020, 11:37 PM   #1122
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, I can see why you think f80 needs to stick around with that tire and suspension setup, and why you say you notice the battery in the corners.

Could I interest you in stock sport suspension and 20s? I’ve been wondering about full coilovers and 275 wide cup 2 tires?

That’s a neat setup. Super sleeper.
Haha yeah, the 18s aren't exactly sport tires so they start to squirm a bit under load. I'm good but thanks. We have to have one car that is comfy haha.
Appreciate 0