proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

11-18-2022, 10:46 AM   #67
Nickshawf80
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 m3 competition

Garage List
2017 Bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickshawf80 View Post
Thanks for your reply. I’m really on the fence with what to go for, iv been looking and the kw ddc but have heard that progressive spring rates aren’t great for track or spirited drives, while iv heard good things about the comfort and daily drive, but not much on the faster side if thing. From what I have read the b16 are great on track but just too stiff on our roads. With my car how it is I’d say it’s on the limit for what I’d like for comfort, but when going fast through a roads I feel the car is just bouncing all over the place that it make my mrs feel sick. I’d like something that retains my current comfort level but at the push of a button better handling and control. And less head bobbing.
So I have a 2017 m3 competition bm3 stage 1 with gts dct and gts mdm on eibach springs with 763m wrapped in mps4s
Would recommend your b6 dampers with my springs, or am I going to be better with the mss springs you mentioned. Thanks again for your input
Eibachs will work fine with our B6 Dampers but MSS with B6 provide amazing ride and handling. Its what Joe tested in the video above and the same in my video posted earlier in this thread. Only negative with MSS on these dampers is they don't allow the car to be very low on the front from aesthetic point of view for some people.
So just one final question, seeing as these were made for cars on lowering springs is there any reason why they were not made shorter to compliment a sorter spring, my understanding of lowering springs with standard shocks is that the shock is starting at a compressed point and not being able to work effectively. Forgive me if this is a silly question as I'm not very technically minded but trying to understand.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 11:26 AM   #68
Imran@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: All of them

Quote:
So just one final question, seeing as these were made for cars on lowering springs is there any reason why they were not made shorter to compliment a sorter spring, my understanding of lowering springs with standard shocks is that the shock is starting at a compressed point and not being able to work effectively. Forgive me if this is a silly question as I'm not very technically minded but trying to understand.
Because technically there was no need to make them any different as they work with no compromise within the range we wanted to lower then ie minus 30mm.

Bilstein UK were happy to sign off our version knowing what their use case was. Thats good enough for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 12:56 PM   #69
Nickshawf80
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2017 Bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Because technically there was no need to make them any different as they work with no compromise within the range we wanted to lower then ie minus 30mm.

Bilstein UK were happy to sign off our version knowing what their use case was. Thats good enough for me.
Great. Do you install these if so how much would it be? Thanks again for answering my from what I have seen these seem like the set up for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 03:12 AM   #70
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Great. Do you install these if so how much would it be? Thanks again for answering my from what I have seen these seem like the set up for me.
Hi Nick we do install them in our workshop but we can't discuss pricing on the main forum. Please shoot my colleagues an email on sales@evolveautomotive.com

They are currently on Black Friday discount so 20% off RRP. Good time to buy!
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2022, 04:03 AM   #71
pmathew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deteria View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RElias21 View Post
Thank you for your feedback.
I've only seen Imran@Evolve review on youtube. Have you seen others? Can you provide links?

Also, can you post photos of your setup on the MSS HAS?
I've only just seen vids from Imran @ Evolve as well. I think they had a couple vids going over just the MSS and another vid that is MSS paired with the Bilsteins. It was great timing since the Evolve x Bilstein B6 just released so I jumped on it.

Sorry haven't been out and about since I got the car back to snap nicer photos. Took a few quick ones while in the garage. Height-wise, I purposely went with form & function since I don't want to destroy my front lip and I don't much care for being that low. I had my shop do a 5mm drop from factory measurements. Also I believe I'm running ~ -2 degree front camber. 265/35 & 285/35 19s.
Looks great!! Can you share the specs on the Apex wheels? Thanks!

I'm also going to go with the Evolve x Bilstein B6 soon, running a similar 265-285 tyre combo on 19"s
      12-16-2022, 12:00 AM   #72
BermudaKID
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 16 M3 6mt

Are there any pictures with this setup and H&R springs?

I think I'm going to have to replace my front shocks on my EDC equipped car soon but I have the m performance HAS so I'll need new springs. Super bummed but it is what it is.

I saw your video on YouTube where you mentioned other springs will work but did the driving with MSS kit.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 05:49 AM   #73
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermudaKID View Post
Are there any pictures with this setup and H&R springs?

I think I'm going to have to replace my front shocks on my EDC equipped car soon but I have the m performance HAS so I'll need new springs. Super bummed but it is what it is.

I saw your video on YouTube where you mentioned other springs will work but did the driving with MSS kit.
Posted earlier in the thread but here is the car with Evolve Bilstein B6 and H&R Springs.

Verde Mantis F80 H&R by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr

Appreciate 1
      12-19-2022, 09:05 PM   #74
Deteria
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Put about ~500mi on the new setup. Loving the way the car handles

2015 Black Sapphire F82 M4: Bootmod3 Stage 1 Tune / GTS DCT TCU DIFF Flash / Remus Catback / VRSF Charge & J Pipe / MST Intakes / Mishimoto TMIC / RK Autowerks Crank Hub / Apex VS-5RS 19x9.5 ET22 19x10.5 ET45 / Powerflex Bushings / MSS HAS / Evolve x Bilstein B6 Damptronic / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Hotchkis Sways
Appreciate 2
      12-21-2022, 04:16 PM   #75
bloke79
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4 Competition

Has anyone done any road racing / motorsport use of these?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 11:46 AM   #76
JeffB-M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

I ran mine at VIR for two days. Much improved control as compared to the stock dampers. I would categorize them as a significant improvement over stock.
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2022, 08:24 PM   #77
BermudaKID
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 16 M3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB-M3 View Post
I ran mine at VIR for two days. Much improved control as compared to the stock dampers. I would categorize them as a significant improvement over stock.
What springs do you run?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2022, 07:19 PM   #78
JeffB-M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermudaKID View Post
What springs do you run?
Eibach v1
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 03:58 AM   #79
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Really appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 10:14 AM   #80
RElias21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 30 Jahre M3

Hey Imran@Evolve, I think some hesitation for me (and possibly others) with these dampers is figuring out which springs to pair them with if we want more drop than available with the MSS-HAS.

You took some photos with the H&R’s and also mentioned the Eibachs. Do you have any driving experience with the different aftermarket springs you tried?

Is there a particular aftermarket spring manufacturer you would suggest that would be closest in function as the MSS while providing a bit more drop?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 10:26 AM   #81
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RElias21 View Post
Hey Imran@Evolve, I think some hesitation for me (and possibly others) with these dampers is figuring out which springs to pair them with if we want more drop than available with the MSS-HAS.

You took some photos with the H&R’s and also mentioned the Eibachs. Do you have any driving experience with the different aftermarket springs you tried?

Is there a particular aftermarket spring manufacturer you would suggest that would be closest in function as the MSS while providing a bit more drop?
None of them come close to providing the function of the MSS due to the triple spring rates on the rear of the MSS HAS kit.

Just pick one of the main brands that gives you the drop you want if you are not going for the MSS. H&R are stiffer than Eibach/Intrax options but still acceptable in my opinion. Of course that is subjective.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 01:56 AM   #82
M 4 FUN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320 Si, M4 comp. M3 E46

Quote:
This is a big misunderstanding by people that the shock doesn't work as effective, or the same way just because it starts at a lower position. The shock function is exactly the same weather the shock starts 30mm higher up or not. The shock itself is not harder because it sits lower. That is purely speed related. That's why you can have height adjustability on all coilover kits.
Same thing with shock wear. It doesn't wear out faster with a stiffer spring as the spring actually decrease load on the shock during the compression stroke but increase it on the rebound.

Last edited by M 4 FUN; 01-04-2023 at 02:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2023, 06:37 AM   #83
Nickshawf80
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2017 Bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Hi Nick we do install them in our workshop but we can't discuss pricing on the main forum. Please shoot my colleagues an email on sales@evolveautomotive.com

They are currently on Black Friday discount so 20% off RRP. Good time to buy!
So I think your b6 dampers are the way forward for me. I’m currently bm3 stage 1 with mpe and love the sound but would like to go stage 2 so adding down pipes is needed, I if find it to raspy is replacing the secondary cats with resonators an option?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2023, 09:12 AM   #84
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So I think your b6 dampers are the way forward for me. I’m currently bm3 stage 1 with mpe and love the sound but would like to go stage 2 so adding down pipes is needed, I if find it to raspy is replacing the secondary cats with resonators an option?
Dampers are in stock.

An equal length mid pipe would take out the raspiness.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 05:19 PM   #85
Nickshawf80
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2017 Bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Dampers are in stock.

An equal length mid pipe would take out the raspiness.
Are your versions that much better than the standard b6 as the reviews are really good on both but the standard b6 damptronics are nearly £800 cheeper are they really worth it?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 04:55 AM   #86
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Are your versions that much better than the standard b6 as the reviews are really good on both but the standard b6 damptronics are nearly £800 cheeper are they really worth it?
The MSRP on both is almost the same so not sure where the £800 difference is coming from unless someone is discounting the Bilstein very heavily.

I would say they are better as the comfort mode is much more compliant on our version but then I would also be biased as its a product that I personally developed with Bilstein.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 01:22 PM   #87
Nickshawf80
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2017 Bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
The MSRP on both is almost the same so not sure where the £800 difference is coming from unless someone is discounting the Bilstein very heavily.

I would say they are better as the comfort mode is much more compliant on our version but then I would also be biased as its a product that I personally developed with Bilstein.
It’s demon tweeks just over £1,600. Before you started developing your b6 version. Didn’t you run standard b6 dampers if so how did you find them compared to stock set up.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 11:42 AM   #88
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It’s demon tweeks just over £1,600. Before you started developing your b6 version. Didn’t you run standard b6 dampers if so how did you find them compared to stock set up.
Yes we started with the stock ones as the base of the development. They are of course a good improvement over stock.
Appreciate 0