R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-03-2022, 01:25 PM   #1
Tamtino
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 Comp, 2022 IS350F

Drivetrain malfunction after a tune and pull

Hello everyone,

I recently just bought a 2017 M4 competition package and I just flashed bm3 stage 1 91 tune with gts flash. Had oil and spark plug replaced too.

I did 2 pulls from 30-130 and after the second pull I hear the bmw chime and see that the drivetrain malfunction pop up and the car would shake/vibrate really hard at idle. I drove super slow back to a parking lot and use bm3 to scan for codes and got misfiring but I cleared the codes and let the car cool down and went on with my day and restarted my car later and the drivetrain error disappeared.
Is there anything to be worried about because I’m spooked something gonna blow up on me.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 06:03 PM   #2
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Re-flash the same tune again. There have been cases where a flash succeeds but a few bits or bytes don't stick right. A re-flash usually fixes it.
      12-04-2022, 10:13 AM   #3
M2_MEDUSA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Comp. SpecialEdition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamtino View Post
Hello everyone,

I recently just bought a 2017 M4 competition package and I just flashed bm3 stage 1 91 tune with gts flash. Had oil and spark plug replaced too.

I did 2 pulls from 30-130 and after the second pull I hear the bmw chime and see that the drivetrain malfunction pop up and the car would shake/vibrate really hard at idle. I drove super slow back to a parking lot and use bm3 to scan for codes and got misfiring but I cleared the codes and let the car cool down and went on with my day and restarted my car later and the drivetrain error disappeared.
Is there anything to be worried about because I’m spooked something gonna blow up on me.

Thanks
Haha you are totally fine, Nothing is blowing up. You'd be surprised how safe these tunes are, Like TopJimmy said, Clear codes and reflash.