proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Closed Thread

07-06-2019, 08:12 PM   #111
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 YMB

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@KRATOS View Post
- KRATOS Ti6Al4V Titanium Bullet Nuts
Its little details like this that tells me I made the right choice.
      07-06-2019, 10:35 PM   #112
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Sales@KRATOS I think you need to park the justification as you will just go around in circles as we have seen. All your in depth posts have either elaborated on the technical or the pricing approach and I for one appreciate this. I hate to see this turn into a he said she said argument.

You have a great product, some will say expensive some will say priced well.

At the end of the day if you want Kratos buy them, if not buy something else.
      07-07-2019, 10:51 AM   #113
KakashiSenpai
Troll
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp

Kratos hands down is providing great information & has the quality to prove their statements.

I myself am running PS2+ & just seen my local shop install Kratos & all I can say is these turbos are no joke!

Definitely plan on switching once I upgrade/semi build motor & clutches.

Keep up the great service
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2019, 03:55 PM   #114
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
Its hilarious how you know nothing about the product you speak of, nothing of the R&D invested, the materials, the features, and yet you want to criticize the price?

Sounds ignorant.......
Spending a dick load of money on R&D then forking it off onto your customers to recoup your costs may not be the best business move
These guys aren't a charity - they are a business.

Of course they have to recoup R and D costs and then put a little in their pockets. They have people to pay and bills to cover.

Do you honestly believe their only role in life is to spend tons of money on R and D only to sell their final product at cost to make forum members happy?
Appreciate 2
      07-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #115
guess2098
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Taycan GTS, 2018 M4, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored View Post
Spending a dick load of money on R&D then forking it off onto your customers to recoup your costs may not be the best business move
maybe you should make your own turbo and sell to us.

a dvd disc only like 10 cents? you think all software should sell for 10 cents? damn, using online download doesnt even cost $$. all softwares should be free!
Appreciate 2
      07-08-2019, 09:08 AM   #116
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: The Spirit of Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockdoc View Post
Another kudos from a community member. Many thanks for advancing our platform!! This is a tough crowd (as you know lol). Had I literally not JUST installed my Pure Turbos when you dropped your product...I would have been ALL over it. Your product and engineering seem top notch.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR RIZK View Post
Sales@KRATOS I think you need to park the justification as you will just go around in circles as we have seen. All your in depth posts have either elaborated on the technical or the pricing approach and I for one appreciate this. I hate to see this turn into a he said she said argument.

You have a great product, some will say expensive some will say priced well.

At the end of the day if you want Kratos buy them, if not buy something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
These guys aren't a charity - they are a business.

Of course they have to recoup R and D costs and then put a little in their pockets. They have people to pay and bills to cover.

Do you honestly believe their only role in life is to spend tons of money on R and D only to sell their final product at cost to make forum members happy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by guess2098 View Post
maybe you should make your own turbo and sell to us.

a dvd disc only like 10 cents? you think all software should sell for 10 cents? damn, using online download doesnt even cost $$. all softwares should be free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamonCarrasco View Post
Kratos hands down is providing great information & has the quality to prove their statements.

I myself am running PS2+ & just seen my local shop install Kratos & all I can say is these turbos are no joke!

Definitely plan on switching once I upgrade/semi build motor & clutches.

Keep up the great service
Thank you all for the overwhelmingly positive feedback on our products and customer service! We greatly appreciate the support and are glad that some of you have had hands on experience with the quality of the KRAS55 line of turbos.

We view every "negative" comment as a chance to better explain the merits of the KRAS55. For every "negative" comment, there could be others that may think the same thing and choose not to comment. This gives us an opportunity to directly address the concerns or thoughts that a certain few may be having!
Appreciate 2
      07-08-2019, 09:14 AM   #117
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Its little details like this that tells me I made the right choice.
We couldn't agree with you more! Can't wait to see what you make on your set of KRAS55Bi's!
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2019, 06:41 PM   #118
TX PETE
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I mentioned that I appreciated what they are doing for the platform and completely understand what they’ve accomplished

In general, do other companies not invest in R&D?? Everyone places a major investment in R&D to be a step ahead of the next guy....I mentioned Precision Turbo and they are the best in the industry hands down.

Materials? It’s stainless steel buddy which all fabricators/companies build their manifold from. Sure there are cast iron but I’m comparing SS here. Everyone test their product to get the best flow out of them. Every part matters. At the end of the day, they are not paying more for “material” and turbine/exhaust housing than the next guy (from a business standpoint...they shouldn't be at least). So when you make a comparison on parts cost regardless of their R&D, there is just no comparison where this markup is coming from. Oh yea!!! R&D!!

I am extremely interested in the turbos, but 6k for a couple of turbos and manifolds no matter who they currently support doesn’t fit the bill. Matter of fact I saw your turbos on the classifieds and caught my attention.

Quote:
Its hilarious how you know nothing about the product you speak of, nothing of the R&D invested, the materials, the features, and yet you want to criticize the price?

Sounds ignorant.......
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 09:08 PM   #119
bobbyh907
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX PETE View Post
I mentioned that I appreciated what they are doing for the platform and completely understand what they’ve accomplished

In general, do other companies not invest in R&D?? Everyone places a major investment in R&D to be a step ahead of the next guy....I mentioned Precision Turbo and they are the best in the industry hands down.

Materials? It’s stainless steel buddy which all fabricators/companies build their manifold from. Sure there are cast iron but I’m comparing SS here. Everyone test their product to get the best flow out of them. Every part matters. At the end of the day, they are not paying more for “material” and turbine/exhaust housing than the next guy (from a business standpoint...they shouldn't be at least). So when you make a comparison on parts cost regardless of their R&D, there is just no comparison where this markup is coming from. Oh yea!!! R&D!!

I am extremely interested in the turbos, but 6k for a couple of turbos and manifolds no matter who they currently support doesn’t fit the bill. Matter of fact I saw your turbos on the classifieds and caught my attention.
They're stainless investment cast turbofolds. It's not some piping welded up on a jig man. You might want to go back and re-read the info they have given about these. Seems like you need a refresher.
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2019, 01:14 AM   #120
guess2098
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Taycan GTS, 2018 M4, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX PETE View Post

in this case, all other turbos can also do 1k hp because they are the same.

i am actually deal a lot of customers complaint about the product i sell is 20%-30% more expensive than other companies. i always tell them that buy from others and compare with mine. material is the same does not mean the item/end product is the same. sometime it will take a year to tell why my product is better but they just don't know and keep asking for "price match". i just tell employees to reply sorry we are not offer discount at this time.

back to the topic, if you think the price too high, maybe you should look somewhere else. there are other turbos also do pretty well and price tag around 3k. it is not like they buy all the turbo and make a 3k make up.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 12:01 PM   #121
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Kratos Turbos now available at Extreme Power House

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 12:34 PM   #122
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Kratos Turbos now available at Extreme Power House
Welcome Aboard!
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2019, 10:45 PM   #123
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
Say it with me. Rhymes with monopoly.
Lol that's not how a monopoly works
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2019, 08:56 AM   #124
key
Registered
Rep
Drives: Red

When I order these, do they come with an install kit with everything needed for the install? If not, what are the parts I would need to source separately?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 04:23 PM   #125
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Have a set of KRAS55Bi inbound, looking forward to having these installed/dynoed.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 06:20 PM   #126
cbrtrx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

Will any company be offering black friday specials on these turbos?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 05:09 AM   #127
BadM4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 IND TANZANITE COMP M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Have a set of KRAS55Bi inbound, looking forward to having these installed/dynoed.
Looking forward to seeing that