Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

02-24-2020, 03:10 PM   #23
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac419 View Post
very nice setup and excellent choice on the wheels. how do you like the ride vs stock?
The ride was better than stock, mostly due to the bigger tires. Everything felt a bit more "damped" when going over rough roads.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 10:28 PM   #24
austinlsinger
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: P-Cars & American Muscle

Hey, I just ordered the exact same wheel specification as you but in a different finish and was planning on going with the exact same tires and springs as well. I just wanted to make sure you didn't have any issues/find any downsides with the more aggressive fitment or with the spring kit? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 06:56 PM   #25
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinlsinger View Post
Hey, I just ordered the exact same wheel specification as you but in a different finish and was planning on going with the exact same tires and springs as well. I just wanted to make sure you didn't have any issues/find any downsides with the more aggressive fitment or with the spring kit? Thanks in advance!
After having them on the car a while, a couple of times when I was backing out and I had my wheel cranked I thought I heard some rubbing upfront. I checked out my front wheel wells but didn't see any signs of rubbing. If you're an F80 I recommend you go 265/30/20 up front just to be safe, if you have an F82 you should be good with 275s up front.
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2020, 08:23 PM   #26
austinlsinger
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbAS55 View Post
Quote:
After having them on the car a while, a couple of times when I was backing out and I had my wheel cranked I thought I heard some rubbing upfront. I checked out my front wheel wells but didn't see any signs of rubbing. If you're an F80 I recommend you go 265/30/20 up front just to be safe, if you have an F82 you should be good with 275s up front.
Thanks man, I have a F80 ZCP and have heard mixed reviews about running 275/295. What are your thoughts on the springs? I'm between going with the kit you have or the KW HAS kit but I never really will adjust my ride height so I figured the Eibach kit makes a bit more sense.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 10:14 PM   #27
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man, I have a F80 ZCP and have heard mixed reviews about running 275/295. What are your thoughts on the springs? I'm between going with the kit you have or the KW HAS kit but I never really will adjust my ride height so I figured the Eibach kit makes a bit more sense.
I think with the stock 666M wheels the Euro Eibach V1s (which I'm running) look just right, with aftermarket wheels I think the front needs to be a bit lower so I would recommend you go with the US Spec V2 Eibach Pro-Kits. Check out my install thread to see the difference. https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1521607

I'm actually switching out my Euro V1 Pro Kits as we speak, I'm going with EMD Emotion springs which seems like the perfect drop for the setup.

I'm the same as you when it comes to adjustable suspension, most of my previous cars I ran KW V3's with a whole bunch of adjustability options, for my F80 I just want a set it and forget it setup.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 11:18 PM   #28
austinlsinger
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbAS55 View Post
I think with the stock 666M wheels the Euro Eibach V1s (which I'm running) look just right, with aftermarket wheels I think the front needs to be a bit lower so I would recommend you go with the US Spec V2 Eibach Pro-Kits. Check out my install thread to see the difference. https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1521607

I'm actually switching out my Euro V1 Pro Kits as we speak, I'm going with EMD Emotion springs which seems like the perfect drop for the setup.

I'm the same as you when it comes to adjustable suspension, most of my previous cars I ran KW V3's with a whole bunch of adjustability options, for my F80 I just want a set it and forget it setup.
After reading your whole thread (which was super helpful by the way) it sounds like the Euro V1 is exactly what I am looking for. If you're interested, I'll buy the kit off you!
Appreciate 0