Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

11-18-2018, 12:02 PM   #23
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
So just to clarify, will one be able to have rev matching in Sport+ and DSC off?
Yes. I have rev matching in all modes, and without or with DSC, by using BM3.
      11-19-2018, 01:22 PM   #24
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 01:48 PM   #25
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
What is the DME software version on your car or do you know when was the last time you got a software update? On older softwares (prior to June or July), enabling/disabling rev match with BM3 is not problem since rev match behavior is tied to Sport+ and BM3 basically enables/disables it based on the drive mode (Efficient, Sport, or Sport+). This won't work on the latest software because rev match is already enabled in all modes and only way to disable it is to turn off DSC fully. I don't think BM3 currently has this capability to alter rev match based on the DSC mode. This software change has come in June or July of this year. I'd really appreciate if someone from proTUNING Freaks can comment on this.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #26
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
What is the DME software version on your car or do you know when was the last time you got a software update? On older softwares (prior to June or July), enabling/disabling rev match with BM3 is not problem since rev match behavior is tied to Sport+ and BM3 basically enables/disables it based on the drive mode (Efficient, Sport, or Sport+). This won't work on the latest software because rev match is already enabled in all modes and only way to disable it is to turn off DSC fully. I don't think BM3 currently has this capability to alter rev match based on the DSC mode. This software change has come in June or July of this year. I'd really appreciate if someone from proTUNING Freaks can comment on this.
Don't know what the DME version on my car is, but it is relatively recent (within the last year), as the dealership completely recoded my car about 9 months ago due to having to replace a part that relied on the DME version. So they updated everything, which, of course, meant that I had to redo all my coding. PITA, but I've got colors on my HUD rev display now.